or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 533

post #7981 of 32875
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post

^ Dun Dun Dun, my CKN70s just came in. triportsad.gif i am afraid.............................. very afraid.

 

You are scary.......................very scary.  evil_smiley.gif

post #7982 of 32875
Quote:
Originally Posted by cute View Post

 

You are scary.......................very scary.  evil_smiley.gif


Not as scary as your re-cables.......devil_face.gif

post #7983 of 32875

Have to put my 2 cents in (seems as good as everyone else's change). Got the CKN 70, think they sound great, better than the S500 IMO, though I do hate the cord as well (I found the MH1C's easier to manage, even though it is designed similarly. The CKN 70 is just prone to tangle, doesn't want to stay any way I want it to go). Happy with this purchase, still kicking around the open AT 900x's.

post #7984 of 32875
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjazz View Post

Have to put my 2 cents in (seems as good as everyone else's change). Got the CKN 70, think they sound great, better than the S500 IMO, though I do hate the cord as well (I found the MH1C's easier to manage, even though it is designed similarly. The CKN 70 is just prone to tangle, doesn't want to stay any way I want it to go). Happy with this purchase, still kicking around the open AT 900x's.

 



I couldn't stand the MH1C's cord so much that I eventually had to get rid of them. Sold them to a co-worker who was more than happy to have a $20 pair of earphones that sounded like a $150 pair.

 

On the other hand, I love the sound of the ckn70's so much that the cord just does not bother me in the same way.

post #7985 of 32875

Doooods...... longtime lurker here needs your input.

 

I'm saving up for the AD900X. Going for the air. In the meantime I'm gonna get some gear to mix it up, either the HVC HA-S400 + JVC HA-FX40 for a total of $50 ordered from Amanazon in the good Ol US of A (I'm up in Canuckadia) or.... get the S500 + ATH CKN totaling $100 plus change from Tenso/Amazon Japan.

 

Getting the latter would slow down my savings goal to the AD900X. Worth it? I'm an indecisive bugger. I need your hedonistic reactionary whip snapper advice. Do the latter thoroughly smoke the former for 50 plus buckeroos or what?

 

And thanks mucho for all the good info you guys report here.

 

Gracias~

 

EE

post #7986 of 32875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsan View Post

 



I couldn't stand the MH1C's cord so much that I eventually had to get rid of them. Sold them to a co-worker who was more than happy to have a $20 pair of earphones that sounded like a $150 pair.

 

On the other hand, I love the sound of the ckn70's so much that the cord just does not bother me in the same way.

I feel the same way. Got rid of my MH1C's, but I'm keeping the 70's. 

post #7987 of 32875
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglears View Post

Doooods...... longtime lurker here needs your input.

I'm saving up for the AD900X. Going for the air. In the meantime I'm gonna get some gear to mix it up, either the HVC HA-S400 + JVC HA-FX40 for a total of $50 ordered from Amanazon in the good Ol US of A (I'm up in Canuckadia) or.... get the S500 + ATH CKN totaling $100 plus change from Tenso/Amazon Japan.

Getting the latter would slow down my savings goal to the AD900X. Worth it? I'm an indecisive bugger. I need your hedonistic reactionary whip snapper advice. Do the latter thoroughly smoke the former for 50 plus buckeroos or what?

And thanks mucho for all the good info you guys report here.

Gracias~

EE

I was in the same dillema as you when I started. Ended up giving away my budget phones coz I felt sorry for them not getting much ear-time since upgrading to higher end gear. I suggest going for one that you are sure to keep using unless of course if you like to collect stuff.
post #7988 of 32875

Alright some initial rough impressions as i was tip rolling. These lil' mofos are refined as hell. The cable is not that bad tbh, it's stiff/ rubbery but i kinda like the matted feel to them. The stiffness of the cable for sure makes it more prone to cord noise (microphonics) but it is not too bad. I expected it to be a lot worse from all the previous impressions. But I kinda like it. haha Though the cable is not as good as JVCs FXD/ FXZ line that's for sure. And man are those rubber ring things comfy, so soft and fits perfect. That space station design finally won me over. 

 

 

 

They do sound a bit bright outta the box, as the head-fier that sold these to me barely did any burn-in. But compared to JVC FX40s brightness/ sibilance/ harsh  highs, these CKN70s HA! Double HA!!! in fact since the "harsh" highs almost sound sparkly when compared the crazy @ss treble of the JVC FX40. Speaking of the FX40, these CKN70 sounds like a much more refined version of them with the stock tips. The bass is bigger and more lush, with mids/ highs all over your face, forward is the right term to describe them.

 

For me the stocks tips makes these CKN70 sound more narrow/ lean, so i tip rolled them with some senni double flanges, which the seller hooked me up with. The wider bore (opening) of these senni double flanges opens up their sound and makes the soundstage wider. There is less congestion to the overall sound but this also makes it a bit more sibilant/ harsher in the treble region. Then i put some MH1C tips on this lil' sucka, and what you know the bass comes out to play with these tips. As Ds and others have mentioned the sony hybrids seems to make them sound more "fun" ie: more mainstream bassy sound. There seems to be more weight to the music using the MH1C tips which sounds really good. I still have not received my amp/ dac yet so all these are 1st impressions straight out of my ipod nano. So take it with a grain of salt.

 

These CKN70s is everything i expected it to be, so i was not disappointed whatsoever. In fact, they seem to be the complete upgrade i wanted out of my JVC FX40 that i didn't get from my JVC FXD70s. The bass quantity and quality is great, but not overwhelming with crazy refined mids and extended sparkly highs, yeppp these babies are it!!! The sound is so fun and engaging and man do i love the sparkle on these things.

 

700

 

Here is some iem porn for what's to come.....................................

 

It's gonna be an epic showdown. Dun Dun Dun!!!

post #7989 of 32875
The S500 is definitely a keeper. you missed the model number for the ATH. Is it the CKN70? If it is, option 2 is definitely a lot better than 1. Goodluck. choose well...
post #7990 of 32875
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post

They do sound a bit bright outta the box, as the head-fier that sold these to me barely did any burn-in. But compared to JVC FX40s brightness/ sibilance/ harsh  highs, these CKN70s HA! Double HA!!! in fact since the "harsh" highs almost sound sparkly when compared the crazy @ss treble of the JVC FX40. Speaking of the FX40, these CKN70 sounds like a much more refined version of them with the stock tips. The bass is bigger and more lush, with mids/ highs all over your face, forward is the right term to describe them.

 

Here is some iem porn for what's to come.....................................

 

It's gonna be an epic showdown. Dun Dun Dun!!!

Hmm....try them over-the-ear style yet?

 

Will wait for FXZ comparison before I'm sold (and not have access to for a month :P).

post #7991 of 32875
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

Hmm....try them over-the-ear style yet?

 

Will wait for FXZ comparison before I'm sold (and not have access to for a month :P).


LoL, with the space station ring thingy i don't think these CKN70s will look nice when you were them behind the ears. Straight down is so comfy i don't think it is necessary unless the microphonics drives you crazy due to the stiff cable, but a good ol' clip will solve this problem. Just too bad these don't come with a clip which is kinda stupid since it's a j-cord. I don't need no damn cheap plasticy cable loop thingy ATH!!! LoL

 

edit: that cheap plasticy cable loop thing has a clip function as well. LMAO ATH trying to kill 2 birds with one stone.

deadhorse.gif


Edited by sfwalcer - 3/11/13 at 10:48pm
post #7992 of 32875
Quote:
Originally Posted by d marc0 View Post

The S500 is definitely a keeper. you missed the model number for the ATH. Is it the CKN70? If it is, option 2 is definitely a lot better than 1. Goodluck. choose well...

 

oops ya the CKN70 and no I don't wanna collect stuff that I don't use. My stereo gear is decent and I want the same from my new upcoming headphone triage (closed, IEM, open back) so probably better just to buck up and do it right. Like you all I enjoy being stunned and awe by good audio. I'm just new to this whole order from Japan Amazon + Tenso thing and don't wanna get dinged with a wack of duty/taxes/no warranty. Other than that it looks all good.

post #7993 of 32875
My guess is that you would be very happy with the ad900x. Less than $200 now shipped via Amazon.jp/tenso. Great deal.
post #7994 of 32875
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

My guess is that you would be very happy with the ad900x. Less than $200 now shipped via Amazon.jp/tenso. Great deal.

Ya man it looks like the AD900X will finish off the close/iem/open triad. I'm choosing them to a have a very large soundstage and open airy sound. Should go killer with my tube dac. Can't wait.... but guess I'll have to now that I' getting the S500's and CKN70's. Super thankful for these headfi forums. Probably wouldn't have considered headphones otherwise. Once I gettem I'll do some reviews with high rez files off the tube dac.

 

Last question... how long is the cable on the CKN70? Same as the S500?

post #7995 of 32875
Anyone give me a link to where I can order some MH1C tips to the UK?

EDIT: Woop! Got home from uni and my CKN70s are here! Not too sure about fit though; Are those rubber rings meant to go IN your ear or what?
Edited by Mackem - 3/12/13 at 8:57am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153