- 2,644 Posts. Joined 11/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productJVC HA-FX101tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productJVC HA-FX40-B Earphone - KV6902tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productPhilips SHE3580/28 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productPhilips SHE9700tagged by System, 1/7/12
- productPioneer DJE-1500-K Professional DJ In-Ear Headphonestagged by joe, 8/6/14
- productSony MH1 Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productThermaltake, In-ear Headsettagged by System, 12/31/11
- productVSONIC VC1000tagged by YOT, 6/26/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sturdy budget earphones, best bang for the buck? (Mostly for text) Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. Last post on 11/18/16 at 2:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Does it make sense to buy IEM's that match the DAC? Last post on 7/21/13 at 4:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- GR02 vs GR99 vs GR04 vs MH1C Last post on 11/4/12 at 3:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Disclaimer: The Noble Kaiser Encore sample was provided to me by Noble for the purposes of this review. The Noble K10 was my first Multi-BA earphone. While it might not be the as good as the...
For me the Encore shares the same sound signature as its predecessor Noble Kaiser K-10. There are already 31- K-10 reviews on H.F. including mine. Read what is written about the K-10, then think...
Sorry if my english is not so good. I bought this several days ago (200 euro) so I cannot post an opinion about durability. I use this dac/amp just on pc for everyday use: movies, voice,...
Greetings Head-fi, Today we are going to be checking out another HDSS equipped earphone from the team at Blue Ever Blue; the Model 1001. Based out of Washington, D.C., Blue Ever Blue (BeB) exploded...
Disclaimer I would like to give a special thanks to Pandora for having these sent out to me. I am not affiliated with Brainwavz in any way and this product was given in exchange for my honest...
The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 526
Gear mentioned in this thread:
HYPED!!! I am trying but no silver ones for sale on head-fi sadly. Kinda too scared/ lazy to do the tenso thing. heeee
I got an Fiio E17 coming my way in like a week or so, after i tested it out with my FXZ200s, i'll do a write up on them here. Not like anyone is holding their breathe or anything for my impressions but still since i promised Danny i'll do one.
LoL, hold your horses. When you do a write up of those GR07 BEs of yours then i'll do one ASAP!!! You game WAYNE???
I am just trying to collect my thoughts regarding these FXZ200s, they are kinda tricky. That's the only teaser for now. But once i test them out on an decent amp, i'll see how they really scale and if my thoughts of them are true or not.
I haven't heard the FXZ100, so I can't speak to that, but the CKN70 will definitely slam with the right tips for your ears. I get best bass results with the Brainwavz R1 double flanges, which can keep up with my MH1C.
Speaking of MH1C, listening to the CKN70 showed me the areas where the MH1C is deficient, and that inspired me to do some careful EQing to try and correct it. There's a big hole around 10 kHz, so 5 dB of boost at about 0.5 octave bandwidth DRASTICALLY improves the character of the treble response. A +3 dB high shelf at 15 kHz restores the air that gets chopped off, and a slight high shelf boost to taste from 4-5 kHz or so up undoes the gradual treble rolloff characteristic of these earphones. Now all of a sudden they're just as smooth as always, but the clarity, high-end detail, soundstage, and treble energy (such as snare drum snap and vocal air) are easily on par with the CKN70, just without the sibiliance or metallic splashiness. The only area the MH1C feels behind now is that the bass still seems a bit slow at times... the CKN70 still wins for impact in the low end, and I don't think EQ can bring the MH1C up to speed in that department.
However, with those EQ adjustments, the MH1C is once again my overall favorite.
Good thing my laptop has 2 headphone outs so I can burn in the far more sensitive and efficient CKN70 while I enjoy the MH1C!
And I haven't even built the cmoybb for it yet...
Edited by JiggaD369 - 3/7/13 at 11:28am
Thanks for the comment! I've been curious about this FXD versus CKN thing. For me the CKNs have better availability and lower price. The FXD 60/80 are only available officially in their FRD versions (i.e. iphone remote) which means jacked up prices. The FX40 is $35... our local JVC availability is on the meh side.
I've come to really appreciate what Sony brings to the electronics world, but I'm not a fan of the XBA series. This is strictly my opinion: Sony still doesn't know how to tune BA to make them crazy seductive -- to the extent that they do on every dynamic IEM, or the way any Ety & UE is attractive to listen to. I auditioned the XBA-30 extensively last month, and while I liked everything else I just couldn't understand the mids on that particular demo unit, then once hooked up to my portable amp it's like a veil descended over the mids. I auditioned the XB90EX after that and I felt like "UGH someone's still got their head screwed on the right way after all!" and it was not because of the XB90's bass rumble. Okay I know I'm rambling...
Interesting. A portable amp shouldn't make the mids less clear. I bet that demo unit was busted somehow. Every time someone says they don't like the XBA-30, it turns out the unit they tried out wasn't working properly.
After 20 hours of burn in on the ckn70 I've noticed no change.. The sibilance is still too much for my ears.. At low levels they sound amazing with no issues.. If you try to turn them up at all it hits you right in the face and fatigues so quickly.. Maybe after another 200 hours it'll subside
Try using some Sony hybrid tips.. Mines has around 200 now and the highs do tame..I noticed the CKN50 burns in a lot quicker than these CKN70s. Carbon nanotubes.
Just a heads up guys on a really great deal for some new tech in Dac amps. While I am very happy with my Meridian Explorer..I was browsing though headfi last night and landed on this thread.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/651660/audinst-hud-mx2-dac-amp#post_9173587 This Dac/amp which is the topic of this thread is on sale from $250 to $198..It is a promotional deal in ebay. The reason why this is such a good deal is because of the pedigree of this unit. This kit involves improvements to one of the best bang for dollar dac amps which was the original MX1 version that has been highly reviewed.. From all indications this new MX2 version seems to be very nice upgrade on the older version but at this sale price..
This unit should give the O2/Odac and the Schiit stack combo some stiff competition for dac/amp supremacy at this price range.. Any of you guys looking for a nice upgrade from your basic set up.. This deal is only going on till the 10th it seems..
Edited by Dsnuts - 3/7/13 at 4:57pm
Ya I got one too. The intro offer is too good of a deal. I see something like this on headfi you guys know I will throw it on this thread. I like that they thought about easy to drive phones and iems as much as hard to drive 600 ohm cans as well. It is the complete package.
- The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Cowon Plenue P1 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD700 for sale（price drop）310$$ 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue D 4 minutes ago
- › Official Free FLAC File Music Sharing Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 5 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 6 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Headphone comparison: Sennheiser HD700, Denon AH-D2000, Sony... 7 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Encore Universal flagship in-ear monitor by WCDchee
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Saraguie
- › Hifiman EF2A Usb Headphone Amplifier by td2004
- › Blue Ever Blue Model 1001 by B9Scrambler
- › Brainwavz B150 by dnun8086
- › SONY digital audio player Walkman NW-WM1Z N (Gold) by Whitigir
- › iFi Micro iDAC2 USB DAC/HP Amp by Sil3nce
- › HRT - MicroStreamer - High Performance External USB Soundcard and... by Sil3nce
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Sil3nce
- › Chord MoJo by Sil3nce
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear