- 2,644 Posts. Joined 11/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productJVC HA-FX101tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productJVC HA-FX40-B Earphone - KV6902tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productPhilips SHE3580/28 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productPhilips SHE9700tagged by System, 1/7/12
- productPioneer DJE-1500-K Professional DJ In-Ear Headphonestagged by joe, 8/6/14
- productSony MH1 Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productThermaltake, In-ear Headsettagged by System, 12/31/11
- productVSONIC VC1000tagged by YOT, 6/26/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sturdy budget earphones, best bang for the buck? (Mostly for text) Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. Last post on 11/18/16 at 2:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Does it make sense to buy IEM's that match the DAC? Last post on 7/21/13 at 4:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- GR02 vs GR99 vs GR04 vs MH1C Last post on 11/4/12 at 3:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Disclaimer: Bhavneet from Burson Audio offered to send me the Cable+, with no return required, asking me only to post my honest evaluation of its performance when used with the Chromecast...
These headphones are much recommended online as a relatively cheap introduction into the world of high fidelity. They are functional and do not excessively grab attention visually. They are...
A very good DAC and headphone AMP for the price. A clear improvement in sound quality from my laptop for headphones, even ones that already sounded good, this gives a much cleaner,clearer and more...
This is my first really good quality Digital Audio Player. I have used a range of Audiophile headphones on it. If you're used to digital Sony Walkmans of days gone by you will recognize the simple,...
My favorite pair of headphones, and considering I own the Sennheiser HD598s, that is saying something. They look fantastic, very stylish indeed, they are extremely comfortable, infact the ear pads...
The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 526
Gear mentioned in this thread:
HYPED!!! I am trying but no silver ones for sale on head-fi sadly. Kinda too scared/ lazy to do the tenso thing. heeee
I got an Fiio E17 coming my way in like a week or so, after i tested it out with my FXZ200s, i'll do a write up on them here. Not like anyone is holding their breathe or anything for my impressions but still since i promised Danny i'll do one.
LoL, hold your horses. When you do a write up of those GR07 BEs of yours then i'll do one ASAP!!! You game WAYNE???
I am just trying to collect my thoughts regarding these FXZ200s, they are kinda tricky. That's the only teaser for now. But once i test them out on an decent amp, i'll see how they really scale and if my thoughts of them are true or not.
I haven't heard the FXZ100, so I can't speak to that, but the CKN70 will definitely slam with the right tips for your ears. I get best bass results with the Brainwavz R1 double flanges, which can keep up with my MH1C.
Speaking of MH1C, listening to the CKN70 showed me the areas where the MH1C is deficient, and that inspired me to do some careful EQing to try and correct it. There's a big hole around 10 kHz, so 5 dB of boost at about 0.5 octave bandwidth DRASTICALLY improves the character of the treble response. A +3 dB high shelf at 15 kHz restores the air that gets chopped off, and a slight high shelf boost to taste from 4-5 kHz or so up undoes the gradual treble rolloff characteristic of these earphones. Now all of a sudden they're just as smooth as always, but the clarity, high-end detail, soundstage, and treble energy (such as snare drum snap and vocal air) are easily on par with the CKN70, just without the sibiliance or metallic splashiness. The only area the MH1C feels behind now is that the bass still seems a bit slow at times... the CKN70 still wins for impact in the low end, and I don't think EQ can bring the MH1C up to speed in that department.
However, with those EQ adjustments, the MH1C is once again my overall favorite.
Good thing my laptop has 2 headphone outs so I can burn in the far more sensitive and efficient CKN70 while I enjoy the MH1C!
And I haven't even built the cmoybb for it yet...
Edited by JiggaD369 - 3/7/13 at 11:28am
Thanks for the comment! I've been curious about this FXD versus CKN thing. For me the CKNs have better availability and lower price. The FXD 60/80 are only available officially in their FRD versions (i.e. iphone remote) which means jacked up prices. The FX40 is $35... our local JVC availability is on the meh side.
I've come to really appreciate what Sony brings to the electronics world, but I'm not a fan of the XBA series. This is strictly my opinion: Sony still doesn't know how to tune BA to make them crazy seductive -- to the extent that they do on every dynamic IEM, or the way any Ety & UE is attractive to listen to. I auditioned the XBA-30 extensively last month, and while I liked everything else I just couldn't understand the mids on that particular demo unit, then once hooked up to my portable amp it's like a veil descended over the mids. I auditioned the XB90EX after that and I felt like "UGH someone's still got their head screwed on the right way after all!" and it was not because of the XB90's bass rumble. Okay I know I'm rambling...
Interesting. A portable amp shouldn't make the mids less clear. I bet that demo unit was busted somehow. Every time someone says they don't like the XBA-30, it turns out the unit they tried out wasn't working properly.
After 20 hours of burn in on the ckn70 I've noticed no change.. The sibilance is still too much for my ears.. At low levels they sound amazing with no issues.. If you try to turn them up at all it hits you right in the face and fatigues so quickly.. Maybe after another 200 hours it'll subside
Try using some Sony hybrid tips.. Mines has around 200 now and the highs do tame..I noticed the CKN50 burns in a lot quicker than these CKN70s. Carbon nanotubes.
Just a heads up guys on a really great deal for some new tech in Dac amps. While I am very happy with my Meridian Explorer..I was browsing though headfi last night and landed on this thread.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/651660/audinst-hud-mx2-dac-amp#post_9173587 This Dac/amp which is the topic of this thread is on sale from $250 to $198..It is a promotional deal in ebay. The reason why this is such a good deal is because of the pedigree of this unit. This kit involves improvements to one of the best bang for dollar dac amps which was the original MX1 version that has been highly reviewed.. From all indications this new MX2 version seems to be very nice upgrade on the older version but at this sale price..
This unit should give the O2/Odac and the Schiit stack combo some stiff competition for dac/amp supremacy at this price range.. Any of you guys looking for a nice upgrade from your basic set up.. This deal is only going on till the 10th it seems..
Edited by Dsnuts - 3/7/13 at 4:57pm
Ya I got one too. The intro offer is too good of a deal. I see something like this on headfi you guys know I will throw it on this thread. I like that they thought about easy to drive phones and iems as much as hard to drive 600 ohm cans as well. It is the complete package.
- The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 29 seconds ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 31 seconds ago
- › Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (advanced wireless & microSD module for... 55 seconds ago
- › Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - 👌 screenless budget... 1 minute ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 3 minutes ago
- › Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP... 3 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2017 (April 8-9, 2017) 5 minutes ago
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by markbrauer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Sony NWZ-A15 Walkman Video MP3 Player (16GB) - Black by theminstrel
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by theminstrel
- › Shure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black) by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 449 Headphones by theminstrel
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by FortisFlyer75
- › AXGIO Dash Wireless Earbuds Cordless Running Jogging Bluetooth... by pkshiu
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by heliosphann
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear