- 9,188 Posts. Joined 6/2012
- Location: Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productJVC HA-FX101tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productJVC HA-FX40-B Earphone - KV6902tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productPhilips SHE3580/28 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productPhilips SHE9700tagged by System, 1/7/12
- productPioneer DJE-1500-K Professional DJ In-Ear Headphonestagged by joe, 8/6/14
- productSony MH1 Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productThermaltake, In-ear Headsettagged by System, 12/31/11
- productVSONIC VC1000tagged by YOT, 6/26/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sturdy budget earphones, best bang for the buck? (Mostly for text) Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. Last post on 11/18/16 at 2:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Does it make sense to buy IEM's that match the DAC? Last post on 7/21/13 at 4:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- GR02 vs GR99 vs GR04 vs MH1C Last post on 11/4/12 at 3:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
At the time this review was written, the Super Dolphin earphone was listed for sale on AK Audio Store’s Aliexpress website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Preamble: Advanced AcousticWerkes, in short known as AAW, is a Singapore based audio product manufacturer best known for custom-moulded in-ear monitors (CIEMs). Not long ago, they have...
The Soundaware Esther M1Pro provides a immersive sound experience held down by its dated interface and firmware. Its like driving a luxury car with all its comfort but with a dated design...
I am lucky. Very lucky. As I listened last Sunday to the i5, not only did we have the first good (not hard, but good) freeze of the Fall, but since I had been up since just before sunrise, I was...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Bluetooth version of Mee Audio's classic budget earphone, the M9B. Mee Audio, formerly MEElectronics, has been around since 2005 and is...
The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 468
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Ya those are rebrands. Same exact form factor and specs. But for $40. That is a crazy good deal for a older dac amp that isn't too far from the new ones. Portable to boot. Like buying a E7 for $40. All the fiio accessories fit that too.
I'm getting a pair from this seller within 2-3 days, I'll report back in this thread once they've arrived!
They definately look like the real deal compared to the fakes shown here: http://bbs.kakaku.com/bbs/J0000003711/SortID=15271348/
which is the fake pair?
I tried e-mailing Somic about this, but they never responded.
Anyway, the EFi 82 MT is the newest model and is the cheapest. It comes with a straight cable and is ugly red, but we know that it's tuned for sonic excellence.
The EFi 82 PRO looks to be identical to the EFi 82 MT (same drivers, same housing), but comes in a different color scheme (more professional looking), has a coiled cable, and is a bit more expensive. We don't know how this one sounds, but I have a hunch that it's identical to the MT.
The EFi 82 appears to have a separate driver that was not created by the German audio equipment engineer who made the drivers for the MT and the PRO. It is between the two in pricing, but should probably be avoided.
Oh man I am finding the deals today. I have one of these. I use this dac amp for burning in my phones. I thought they sold out of these but they seem to be back in stock. http://www.amazon.com/Ha-Info-U2-PLUS-Headphones-Amplifier/dp/B006NQF4M4/ref=sr_1_419?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1360698659&sr=1-419&keywords=DAC+AMP This little unit is excellent for Op amp rolling.. It has more power than you think too.
curious how they compare to the C&C BH amp
Let me tell you guys what I have been up to lately.. On my own sound journey if you can call it that. I have always been about best bang for my money and I think my next step in my own sound experience is no different. My recent discoveries of how fantastic ATs cans and earphones have made me realize now that my sources are not up to par with my fantastic cans and earphones so I decided to sell off many of my cans to recoup some funds in hoping to get me the right sources or source for may new found AT sounds.
My recent sales on the forums turned out better than I imagined as I was able to sell off the most of the higher costing items on the sale. This freed up so much funds for me I decided to buy something that will be a upgrade to my current best source being my fire Phoenix and other dac amps I own.. I looked and looked and eventually decided to try something a bit more exotic that don't cost so much. And my search ended up with a little company many of you guys know or might not know by Audio GD. This company is made up of some serious sound guys based in China. They make some very nice high end units and my search came up on a DAC AMP that warranted some investigation. This one right here.
So this unit is indeed a bit exotic as it uses a dual Dac WM8741 implementation and uses some nice high end components for the amp portion. The price was right so I ended up purchasing one..The cost was a reasonable $235 a promo price. I found out by looking at some of their much higher end offerings that use a ES9018 sabre chip for the dac that they charge even more just to put the dual WM8741 as a replacement option. So my thought is these units are indeed being sold as a promo deal as I have a feeling this unit will punch way above their cost. So after some back n forth emails from one of their techs I decided to go ahead and get this unit.
And then the day after I get this. Jude has to announce the arrival of the new Meridian Explorer boasting some really nice new technology
So the word is this little muffler looking DAC AMP punches way above their cost as well. And so what do I do. I ended up with one of these as well..I will report back how both units fair once I get them..I am so happy with all my recent AT Cans that I am now looking for a nice upgrade in my source and I think these 2 units will do just that.. I will report back with some thoughts about both units when I get them.
Ya in initial posts on that thread suggest the Meridian in sound is similar to dac/amps that cost in the 4 digits and that is from a guy that works with dac amps that cost that much so that is certainly encouraging...For $300 I am willing to find out.
dsnuts, you are a pioneer.
just out of curiosity how does a much more affordable usb dac like the hifiman HM-101 compare to the Ele? positive reviews (bit mixed), they cost a bit more, but could be a good alternative.
Edited by daveyostrow - 2/13/13 at 12:05pm
- The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Band Name Game II 10 seconds ago
- › Audio-Opus OPUS #11 15 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 37 seconds ago
- › Thebit OPUS#2 Dap - out September/October 2016. 1 minute ago
- › Songs that make us bust a move! 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 3 minutes ago
- › [Canada, USA] - Schiit Audio Yggdrasil Multibit DAC (Black finish) 3 minutes ago
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEMs Review / Preview 3 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 4 minutes ago
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by Hisoundfi
- › AAW Nebula One Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitor by HiFiChris
- › Soundaware Esther by tassardar
- › Cayin i5 by ngoshawk
- › MEE audio M9B Bluetooth Wireless Noise-Isolating In-Ear Stereo... by B9Scrambler
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Takeanidea
- › Parasound Zpre zone preamplifier by snellemin
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Jackpot77
- › EarSonics Velvet by SeeSax
- › Tony Bennett TBSE1 Signature Edition Headphone - Black/Silver by DJ The Rocket
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear