or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 442

post #6616 of 32896

The thing I would need most here is realism, natural sound..........sound stage is right there!  I so have some very nice wire waiting, pure silver with 1% gold for tip and ring, and high purity 7N OCC cryoed copper wire for the returns......I have no problem converting them to double entry, and with separate grounds on each side, that may make a difference as well.  They sure have the ATH house sound I remember in my modded W1000X, I recall they lacked some weight to the notes, and were bass lite as well, even with the driver upgrade, and cable upgrade!  I am hearing the vocals forward, where I like them, just wanting to hear more texture there, especially male vocals.  I may try to put some of my dampening material behind the pads, with a hole large enough not to block the drivers in any way. 

 

So for now, back to listening to the Somic's, with the AD900X on burn in.  They don't sound like they need a lot of hard hitting "drum and bass" for burn in.......


Edited by cute - 1/28/13 at 10:59am
post #6617 of 32896
Thread Starter 

They do. It is drum n bass they need. Will help punch out them drivers. They will be absolutely loud too but will be worth the effort of burining them in. Believe me these change more than any other can you have ever heard. Give them the louder volume drum n bass treatment. You will see soon enough.

 

Right now what your hearing is a compressed version of that sound..So very unnatural sounding. Lol. But all that will change..Very soon.


Edited by Dsnuts - 1/28/13 at 10:58am
post #6618 of 32896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

They do. It is drum n bass they need. Will help punch out them drivers. They will be absolutely loud too but will be worth the effort of burining them in. Believe me these change more than any other can you have ever heard. Give them the louder volume drum n bass treatment. You will see soon enough.

 

Right now what your hearing is a compressed version of that sound..So very unnatural sounding. Lol. But all that will change..Very soon.

 

I'm sure that this has been asked 1000 times, but is there a place to get some good drum n bass burn in tracks?

post #6619 of 32896
Quote:
Originally Posted by burrrcub View Post

Anyway to have a stronger clamp on the 900x?  I feel like it keeps sliding down when I'm wearing it. The two anchors on top doesn't offer much resistance.

 

My W1000X had metal on the headband that could be bent.....the AD900X is plastic!

post #6620 of 32896
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAYNENUMM View Post

 

I'm sure that this has been asked 1000 times, but is there a place to get some good drum n bass burn in tracks?

 

You can use bassdrive on the OPost of the HA-S500 thread.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute View Post

 

My W1000X had metal on the headband that could be bent.....the AD900X is plastic!

 The inner rods will bend. I think it is of some type of light metal. The outer sleeve is plastic.

post #6621 of 32896

Back with the my S500, listening to the same track i had just heard with the AD900X.  Not a fair comparison because of burn in time, but my S500 are very close in soundstage width to the AD900X......but the S500 has the beautiful tone of femate vocals that I am used to, and that I also hear in the Somic's.  That is part of my preferred sound sig!  Listening to Patricia Barber, "Touch of Trash", that has alot of those unique background sounds, very good track for cymbals and high hats, as well as other detail!

 

Somic's don't sound as open as the AD900X, nor my S500, right now!  The soundstage is taller on the AD900X and my S500 vs the Somic's!


Edited by cute - 1/28/13 at 11:15am
post #6622 of 32896
Thread Starter 

Recent post on the ADXXX thread.

 

  • 57 Posts. Joined 8/2011

my ad900x arrived 2 days ago and it's exactly as what has been said already about these headphones. these DO need a burn in as the sound was very congested and the instruments were jam-packed together with no clarity almost when i first listened to them out of the box. i believe the headphone is still opening up as well as time goes on while i'm burning them in. currently running the headphones off the xonar stx stock, and i like what i hear. i tried it with the asgard + odac out of curosity but the sound didn't quite sit right with me.

 

and also these headphones are SERIOUSLY comfortable. you can really wear these headphones for hours on end.

post #6623 of 32896
Thread Starter 

Believe me the end results after much needed burn in and these will sound completely different..AT definitely didn't do any type of factory burn in on these.. Perhaps cutting corners in production to keep cost a bit lower. But once they open up. It will be a game changer.

post #6624 of 32896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

 

You can use bassdrive on the OPost of the HA-S500 thread.

 

 

 The inner rods will bend. I think it is of some type of light metal. The outer sleeve is plastic.

 

Maybe plastic with a small metal core, I agree after looking a little closer.......I would feel better now about trying to bend them some.  The instruction for bending the higher end metal headbands, I think the W5000 thread......a search may find the pictures!

post #6625 of 32896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

Believe me the end results after much needed burn in and these will sound completely different..AT definitely didn't do any type of factory burn in on these.. Perhaps cutting corners in production to keep cost a bit lower. But once they open up. It will be a game changer.

 

Going in to watch Tiger clean up the Golf tourney, extended into today!   These will be on heavy burn in meantime, I use drum solo, heavy bass guitar solo, and organ pedal solo that cranks out the air.....worked in the past!  I will give them that for a couple hours, and overnight!  How does the bass compare with the S500 vs AD900X in quantity and extension?

post #6626 of 32896
Thread Starter 

I think the bass end of the HA-S500 is better textured and extend a bit lower. But. The bass end of the AD900X is very satisfactory. One of the issues of the older AD900 was the lack of bass. Same with the A900.. Both the A900X and these new AD900X now includes a full bass end...

 

These cans are not aimed at big bass. It has very nice tight punchy  bass to compliment the sound.. It is their overall sound that will surprise once burn in is done.

post #6627 of 32896
Thread Starter 

Wait till you hear some Rock guitar on these cans. It will make you poo a little.  ph34r.gif

post #6628 of 32896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

 

You can use bassdrive on the OPost of the HA-S500 thread.

 

Thanks! There are also quite a few "bassdrive" tunes on soundcloud.

 

And here you can download the bassdrive tunes for $2.50 each. I'm going to choose one of them to get onto my "burn-in mp3 player".

post #6629 of 32896
Thread Starter 

I little update on my ES700.. Those sound freakishly great too.. It was using the same pleather pads that we used on the HA-S500 thread but because these have a bit more clamp with them shallow cups kinda drove home those pads on the ear making them uncomfy.. Happened to have my WS55 with me with a bit larger pads on them. Threw them on there and now they have 5X the comfort level. Might have loosened them up a bit too much now. But the sound is not only crazy but the comfort now is too.. I have cute to thank for that. Mr pad swapper.

post #6630 of 32896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

I little update on my ES700.. Those sound freakishly great too.. It was using the same pleather pads that we used on the HA-S500 thread but because these have a bit more clamp with them shallow cups kinda drove home those pads on the ear making them uncomfy.. Happened to have my WS55 with me with a bit larger pads on them. Threw them on there and now they have 5X the comfort level. Might have loosened them up a bit too much now. But the sound is not only crazy but the comfort now is too.. I have cute to thank for that. Mr pad swapper.

Kinda like roll them doughnuts Ds!  LOL

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153