or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 440

post #6586 of 32875
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

Ok, the ELE most definitely has an amp in the chain somewhere. The bloody thing drives my 50 ohm GR07 to deafening levels, at under 30% (!)

 

Overall, it's good, especially for $19. I'm looking towards an incoming amp before I really judge it, but I'm impressed...

 

Dsnuts strikes again!

 

I'm using the EFI-82MTs with it and while being a 64 Ohm headphone some songs I have to lower the volume to 10% because it gets really loud. 

post #6587 of 32875

Huge props to gibosi for getting this whole eBay thing sorted out! 

Now that they're back on eBay, people don't really have much of an excuse! biggrin.gif

NinjaCat, how do they sound with the ELE DAC?

post #6588 of 32875
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaCat View Post

I'm using the EFI-82MTs with it and while being a 64 Ohm headphone some songs I have to lower the volume to 10% because it gets really loud. 

They're strange thing though is that my 250 ohm DT880 sounds really weak from it, even at 100%
post #6589 of 32875

It's odd, straight out of the ELE, I can do around 15-20 with my m80s at work. Same set up same tracks but different computer, I can only take around 10 at home. 

post #6590 of 32875
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post

FREE!!!

 

"Shipping:
FREE ePacket delivery from China | See details
See details about international shipping here.  
 
Item location:
SHENZHEN, China
 
Ships to:
United States, Europe, Canada, Australia, Japan See exclusions "

thanks! i´m in exclusions mad.gif. and price went up....

cheaper on taobao

post #6591 of 32875
Did anyone ever find out if the Pro version of the EFi-82 is pretty much the same thing as the MT? That SC317 looks exactly like the Pro model and I wonder if it might have the same drivers. It does seem like the plugs are slightly different and, of course, the earpads.

I find the red colour terribly garish, so not so keen on MT.
post #6592 of 32875
Shipping to: United States, Europe, Canada, Australia, Japan
Excludes: Africa, Asia, Middle East, North America, Southeast Asia, South America, Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guernsey, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Jersey, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Svalbard and Jan Mayen, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, Vatican City State, American Samoa, Cook Islands, Fiji, French Polynesia, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Wallis and Futuna, Western Samoa
 

 

 

Well that's a bit confusing.

So they ship to the United States and Canada, but they don't ship to North America.

And they ship to Japan, but not Asia.

And they ship to Europe, but exclude almost every European nation.

confused.gif

post #6593 of 32875
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatefulsandwich View Post

Did anyone ever find out if the Pro version of the EFi-82 is pretty much the same thing as the MT? That SC317 looks exactly like the Pro model and I wonder if it might have the same drivers. It does seem like the plugs are slightly different and, of course, the earpads.

I find the red colour terribly garish, so not so keen on MT.

I e-mailed Somic asking about it, but got no response.

 

Customer support is not their forte.

post #6594 of 32875

Argg. So tempted to get the EFi-82s... but I just got the MH463s. I mainly picked the MH463s over the EFi because I thought the EFi-82s were closed and I was looking for an open pair. Now you guys are telling me that they're semi-open. !_! 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatefulsandwich View Post

Did anyone ever find out if the Pro version of the EFi-82 is pretty much the same thing as the MT? That SC317 looks exactly like the Pro model and I wonder if it might have the same drivers. It does seem like the plugs are slightly different and, of course, the earpads.

I find the red colour terribly garish, so not so keen on MT.

 

Cash recommends changing the pads anyways so most of the red will be gone, just the cable & headband padding. Come on... you know you want to buy it.... atsmile.gif

post #6595 of 32875
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEleventy View Post

Argg. So tempted to get the EFi-82s... but I just got the MH463s. I mainly picked the MH463s over the EFi because I thought the EFi-82s were closed and I was looking for an open pair. Now you guys are telling me that they're semi-open. !_! 

 

 

Cash recommends changing the pads anyways so most of the red will be gone, just the cable & headband padding. Come on... you know you want to buy it.... atsmile.gif

It's semi-open, so it's not like you'll be taking it outside much, anyway.

Besides, you can't see them when they're on your head! wink_face.gif

post #6596 of 32875
But I don't wanna replace the cable and it's uuuugly :P.

I might need to wait a while for our currency to stop being so pathetic. I might be waiting quite a while...

I can't buy from eBay due to those guys not shipping to, well, most of the world.
post #6597 of 32875
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatefulsandwich View Post

But I don't wanna replace the cable and it's uuuugly :P.

I might need to wait a while for our currency to stop being so pathetic. I might be waiting quite a while...

I can't buy from eBay due to those guys not shipping to, well, most of the world.

They're like the Snuggie of the headphone world. I wouldn't be caught dead with it in public, but at home when no one' around, it's basically the best thing ever.

Does Aliexpress ship to you?

post #6598 of 32875
Haha, true enough. I'd still love to know... Perhaps the drivers are tuned differently or something. It's a bit odd to give them a completely different model number if the difference is only cosmetic.

Aliexpress does ship to me, but I do have cash problems at the moment so I'm going to wait a little. Also, I'm trying to force myself to save up for an awesome pair of IEMs.

Perhaps if I sell my S500s, I can look into the Somics. I just can't tolerate the treble of those anymore and these sound like then take what's good about the S500 and remove that grating treble.
post #6599 of 32875
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatefulsandwich View Post

Haha, true enough. I'd still love to know... Perhaps the drivers are tuned differently or something. It's a bit odd to give them a completely different model number if the difference is only cosmetic.

Aliexpress does ship to me, but I do have cash problems at the moment so I'm going to wait a little. Also, I'm trying to force myself to save up for an awesome pair of IEMs.

Perhaps if I sell my S500s, I can look into the Somics. I just can't tolerate the treble of those anymore and these sound like then take what's good about the S500 and remove that grating treble.

And there you have the Somic EFi-82 MT. 


I've said it once and I've said it again.


They're what happens when you take the HA-S500 and remove everything people don't like about it (over-the-top bass, grating treble, no soundstage, on-ear design).

 

 

I think that the EFi-82 PRO was marketed towards audio enthusiasts and engineers, but since most enthusiasts and engineers are listening to more established brands, they remarketed it as a flashy portable set to target your typical consumers. I could see them adding a bit of dampening to give it a more consumer-oriented sound, but I'd doubt they'd rehash the drivers (that'd cost a lot of money).


And you have Cash problems? You have a problem with me? I thought we were cool! wink_face.gif
post #6600 of 32875
Haha! No problems with you smily_headphones1.gif. Just a recent financial... mmm... sinkhole.

I am definitely keeping a beady eye on these (alongside the exchange rate). And if I sell the S500s, I'll be able to afford them for sure.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153