or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 438

post #6556 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post

 

BURN_IN IS A MYTH!!! Case closed! normal_smile%20.gif

 

Are you sure THAT Head-Fier is not you??? wink_face.gif  Why you make it sound like it is such a bad deal. T_T 

deadhorse.gif

It's not me. xD! I live on Mars in Michigan.

Also, I'm of the "burn in is 90% mental" belief, but to each their own. 

Really, at this point, I'm just trolling cute.

I think you can appreciate it.

post #6557 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by CashNotCredit View Post

It's not me. xD! I live on Mars in Michigan.

Also, I'm of the "burn in is 90% mental" belief, but to each their own. 

Really, at this point, I'm just trolling cute.

I think you can appreciate it.


^ beerchug.gif

 

Damn you got me as well, thought you were dead serious with what you said. LoL

Nicely done!

 

We are know cute just loves a good trollin' wink_face.gif

post #6558 of 32862

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post


^ beerchug.gif

 


That's root beer, right?

Anyway, a few people from the Somic thread should be getting their hands on the 82 MT soon. I'll see if they'd mind posting impressions here. Also, no word back yet from Somic on the difference between the PRO and the MT.

post #6559 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by CashNotCredit View Post

My 500s? 

A good 200-300 hours. They were my daily driver for a good 3-4 months.

My Somics?

80-90 hours. I got them about a month and a half ago.

 

 

OK, thanks, by tommorow my Somics with have over 80hrs burn in/listening on them I will check back to see if they are better than my S500's with 200-300 hrs on them.  Hope the Somics change that much over night!  That would be delightful!

post #6560 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post


I do believe in all that wire mumbo jumbo, why you think i was so interested in buying your sets??? No use crying over spilled milk but.................

copy="no"

 

Cute's trolling be hurtful!

..............it's not fun anymore.biggrin.gif

 

Just get the Somic's put the HM5 pads on, and EQ 30hz up 2db, and you got the same sound as my modded S500's!  So easy even a cave man can do it!  LOL

post #6561 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by cute View Post

 

OK, thanks, by tommorow my Somics with have over 80hrs burn in/listening on them I will check back to see if they are better than my S500's with 200-300 hrs on them.  Hope the Somics change that much over night!  That would be delightful!

Our Somics/HA-S500s will have identical hours on them?

Freaky!

Here was my basic burn-in progression.

0-30: Upper-mids prominent and shouty
(PAD CHANGE TO HM5)
30-40 hours: Upper-mids still prominent, treble a bit prominent as well

40-60 hours: treble simmers down

60-80 hours: Pad change to 840, bass boosts up, upper mids simmer down.

The bass is getting less boomy, and the treble's getting a bit brighter, but that seems to be more a psychological adjustment than anything.

post #6562 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by CashNotCredit View Post

 


That's root beer, right?

Anyway, a few people from the Somic thread should be getting their hands on the 82 MT soon. I'll see if they'd mind posting impressions here. Also, no word back yet from Somic on the difference between the PRO and the MT.

Pissssh, who drinks root beer nowadayz. That is some bubbly martinellis baby!!! I stay classy meng.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute View Post

 

Just get the Somic's put the HM5 pads on, and EQ 30hz up 2db, and you got the same sound as my modded S500's!  So easy even a cave man can do it!  LOL

 

Will do Chuck will do. Cuz cavemen like me don't gots the mad re-wiring skills like our ol' crazy Chucky does. Thanks for the tip!


Edited by sfwalcer - 1/27/13 at 6:33pm
post #6563 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post

Pissssh, who drinks root beer nowadayz. That is some bubbly martinellis baby!!! I stay classy meng.

 

16 year olds drink root beer nowadayz. XD

Edit: Broke 16 year olds don't know what Martinelli's is. xD

post #6564 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by CashNotCredit View Post

16 year olds drink root beer nowadayz. XD

Edit: Broke 16 year olds don't know what Martinelli's is. xD

Damn it Cash you're making me thirsty now!!! More thirsty than cutes trolling with those promised pics of his modded S500s. DAT THIRST IS REAL! He better deliver on the goods since his daughter is back with his precious camera and all. If not, oh boi!!! Sf is gonna explode.

400

 

Edit: On man you are missing out, it will make your head explode like psy ducks it's so great. biggrin.gif


Edited by sfwalcer - 1/27/13 at 6:41pm
post #6565 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post

Damn it Cash you're making me thirsty now!!! More thirsty than cutes trolling with those promised pics of his modded S500s. DAT THIRST IS REAL! He better deliver on the goods since his daughter is back with his precious camera and all. If not, oh boi!!! Sf is gonna explode.

400

Thirsty in the literal sense, or thirsty in the Kanye-West-Mercy sort of way?

Also, am I the only person who is really looking forward to Dsnuts impressions of these EFis or what?

post #6566 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by CashNotCredit View Post

Thirsty in the literal sense, or thirsty in the Kanye-West-Mercy sort of way?

Also, am I the only person who is really looking forward to Dsnuts impressions of these EFis or what?


Thirsty as in waiting for Lupe's Lasers album to drop thirsty. LMAO

 

700

 

..................................................Dat loopy is horrible to his fans. T_T

 

edit: Yeppp so am i, i really want to see how those MH463 fully open backs stack up to that new ATH ADs of his. 


Edited by sfwalcer - 1/27/13 at 6:49pm
post #6567 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post


Thirsty as in waiting for Lupe's Lasers album to drop thirsty. LMAO

 

700

 

..................................................Dat loopy is horrible to his fans. T_T

 

edit: Yeppp so am i, i really want to see how those MH463 fully open backs stack up to that new ATH ADs of his. 

Ouch. Buzzkill on being that thirsty for Lasers. Hopefully the new album quenched a bit better.

Anyway, does anyone have any experience with Awei IEMs? They give frequency response graphs on their website, something that I find pretty gutsy for a $10 IEM manufacturer to do.

post #6568 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post

Damn it Cash you're making me thirsty now!!! More thirsty than cutes trolling with those promised pics of his modded S500s. DAT THIRST IS REAL! He better deliver on the goods since his daughter is back with his precious camera and all. If not, oh boi!!! Sf is gonna explode.

 

 

 

Ice storm, camera not coming!

post #6569 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by cute View Post

 

Ice storm, camera not coming!

Someone get SF a Double Gulp, because he's gonna be THIRSTY.

post #6570 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by cute View Post

Cash, I tried the HM5 pads with no dampening on the back.......bass is perfect for me now, it is equal to my S500's bass with the HM5 pads and the dampening material behind.  Now the Somic's have the same quantiy bass with my S500, right where I like it.  That improved the high end as

well, with better extension and cymbals and high hats are brought out a bit better.  More balanced sound now.  I have found some 88mm round Audio Technica pads on ebay, I am going to give them a try as well......I can be fine with the HM5 pads, nice fit and comfy!

 

Please let us know how you like these round 88mm AT pads. I just received my Somic and don't much like the stock pads. Thanks! :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153