The Isurus are still showing some chunk of sibilance and I have been burning them for about 30 hours or so already. When does it go away or subside :)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productJVC HA-FX101tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productJVC HA-FX40-B Earphone - KV6902tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productPhilips SHE3580/28 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productPhilips SHE9700tagged by System, 1/7/12
- productPioneer DJE-1500-K Professional DJ In-Ear Headphonestagged by joe, 8/6/14
- productSony MH1 Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productThermaltake, In-ear Headsettagged by System, 12/31/11
- productVSONIC VC1000tagged by YOT, 6/26/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sturdy budget earphones, best bang for the buck? (Mostly for text) Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. Last post on 11/18/16 at 2:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Does it make sense to buy IEM's that match the DAC? Last post on 7/21/13 at 4:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- GR02 vs GR99 vs GR04 vs MH1C Last post on 11/4/12 at 3:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
*This is a slightly revised and updated version of my original review from September of 2014. The Bass Colour was a good earphone two years ago and at it's current price of 29.99 USD on Penon Audio...
I bought these over a year ago as an upgrade to the generation 3 of the Piston earphones. I've been a user since generation 2 and I've loved the line up ever since. This simply feels like another...
I took the scenic route to loving these headphones and almost sold it a couple of times. I picked these up for free thanks to a promotion my carrier Freedom mobile was doing where if you buy the LG...
About Me: I came into the world of audio from a guitar background, buying up tube amps from when I was a kid and was always fascinated with them. Then I ended up buying my first decent pair...
Disclaimer: This unit was provided to me by Brannan of Noble Audio to provide the guy’s participating in the massdrop, or those on the fence, with a better idea of what to expect. This is cutting...
The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 38
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It never really does. Your best bet is tips. WAIT, I just thought of something. I'll update if I'm right
Aw...I'm a bit disappointed. I was talking about the Jays silicon tips that cured the slight sibilance I was encountering on the GR07. No such luck here.
SHE 9750 $26.. OK so just when I thought it wasn't possible to get any bassier than the SHE9700. These are Bassier but at a cost of bass bleed. The bassiest Philips earphones I have ever heard. These give any other bassy earphones a run for warm blown out bass.The comfort level and sound isolation on these are tops and they use a silicone coating over the driver for true comfort in ear but also gathers a lot of ear material and dust because the housing is rubbery. These are some of the bassiest earphones I have heard and will compete with The JVC HAFX1X and the XePort 5010..
These win over the other philips in build and solid construction with a Y cord that is rubberized so microphonics are at a minimum. The overly big bass causes these to have a warmer sound than I prefer and the highs need more presence to be more balanced..Am I impressed.? Well these are good but I wasn't wowed with these as I was with the SHE9700..A bit too warm sounding and almost too bass heavy. While the SHE9700 is also a bass heavy phone the sound is of a higher quality vs these other 2. While the build is the best on these out of the 3.. The SHE9700 is a clear winner here.
So it goes like this
SHE9700. Guys that like the SHE3570.. Try these. I would easily put these with the SHE3580 in sound. Even more bigger bass version with just a clean and layered sound.. These are indeed an upgrade to the SHE3580 sounds.
SHE9501..Crappy as they come. If you had hearing loss in one ear these will be proper for you as they come out of the box with one side at 1/2 the sound. If that is not a warning to stay away these are the worst build quality of any earphone I have ever purchased. I had pieces of it pop out almost on open box. Forget about it!
SHE9750..If you want the bassiest earphones Philips makes and don't care too much about mids and highs. These are for you..Because of the solid build quality these would make perfect Gym/ work out buds. Good but not great..
Edited by Dsnuts - 1/7/12 at 5:00pm
Both of them are about equal in comfort. The SHE9700 is a smaller earphone as well. I am surprised at how controlled the bass is on these for being a big bass earphone while maintaining clean integrity on the entire sound spectrum. These are impressing me more and more just listening to them. I wouldn't say these are a clear upgrade to the SHE3580 as they both have a very similar sound but where the SHE9700 stand out is the BASS. It is a high end bass sound. Big clean controlled and goes deeeeeep. Very smooth sounding much like the SHE3580 but with bigger bass. The tonality of the sub bass has no equal. These are awesome!!
What particular strikes me are that I believe the SHE9700 actually have been around for quite a few years now.
I remember someone telling me a couple years ago that he could easily use the SHE9700 to substitute his Senns IE8 when doing garden work, of course I didn't believe this person back then, but with the deep bass you describe, it somehow makes sense now.
Just to make myself clear. I haven't heard the SHE9700 and I'm not saying that they sound like the IE8. I'm just sharing a memory that popped up when I read Dsnuts post about the SHE9700.
Hmm... from this measurement at goldenears even the SHE3580 has more (sub-)bass than the IE8 at full blast:
(red and blue: SHE3580 right and left channels; black and grey: IE8 at minimum and maximum bass)
(I overlaid the two graphs and centred them at 1kHz. Because one has y-axis scale markers of 6dB and another of 5dB I also stretched one of the graphs to give the same scale.)
If the 9700 actually has more bass than the 3580, sounds like they will be a guilty pleasure
Edited by Joe Bloggs - 1/7/12 at 6:22pm
I will do more A/B testing tomorrow on these 2 but for now. I am very impressed with the SHE9700. The clarity and detail is striking. So far everything I have heard on them just sound immaculate. I think even you will be impressed with these Joe..I was hoping one out of the 3 would stand out. These more than stand out. These are amazing.
@JoeBloggs That was indeed very quick I had a pair of IE8 a long time ago for a short time, so I can't say much about the differences in sub bass, but what I do clearly remember is the upper bass hump around 200Hz that the IE8 has and that the 3580 doesn't.
BTW forget what I said about the SHE9620 some pages back, I found that I did a dud profile on them because I was double-equalizing with both the sound card equalizer and Electri-Q turned on lol. For a few days there everything sounded wrong and I wondered if I was going crazy or deaf If I get around to re-profiling them I will report again here
Dude, you are convincing a lot of people to get the isurus'. A once unknown headphone is now in the best selling headset newsletter from newegg!! call thermaltake and tell them to give you your cut!!!!! lol
Sound-squared Star, PRO.2 E132, and the Panny HJE350? The Stars actually sound decent for 10 bones; really, really bassy, but decent, and if the HJE300 is any indication the HJE350 will sound pretty good too. Looking forward to your thoughts on them, especially the E132 as it looks a lot like the Meelec CX21
Newegg does not have these in stock...do they?
- The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Empire Ears ADEL - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 1 minute ago
- › What CD format should i use? 2 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone Signature Pro Headphones with Moon Audio Silver Dragon... 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 5 minutes ago
- › B&O H9 Discussion and Impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 7 minutes ago
- › WTB 13.3 i5 laptop 7 minutes ago
- › Shozy Zero IEMs 7 minutes ago
- › Cypherus Audio Products Appreciation and Discussion Thread:... 8 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 9 minutes ago
- › Don Scorpio Bass Colour by B9Scrambler
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Earphone In-Ear Headphones Multi-unit Circle Iron... by junhawng
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › NiNTAUS X10 HiFi Lossless Music Player by crabdog
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear