or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 246

post #3676 of 32905
As i thought the fx31 is an upgrade to the fx8(riptidz) which from dsnuts description is similar the only thing is that the riptidz is missing some sub bass....now i must order them sexy purple ones tongue.gif
post #3677 of 32905

Hi guys,

 

I have been lurking for some time now and after reading all your great reviews about the xb90ex (thanks for that!) I just ordered them from Japan through Amazon.

But I have a small question about the ear tips. In an earlier post Dsnuts wrote that with the bigger wider meelec tips (TS3-SF-L-50-BK I guess) the sound of the xb90ex was even better. In another post Nihontoman stated that his meelec ear tips got stuck in his ears when trying to remove them. So my question is, Dsnuts what meelec ear tips did you use and are these the same Nihontoman uses? And do these tips perfectly fit on the xb90ex? Because I am considering to order the meelec tips too.

 

Thank you for all the great efforts on this forum!

 

Alex from The Netherlands

post #3678 of 32905
Quote:
Originally Posted by abc87 View Post

Hi guys,

 

I have been lurking for some time now and after reading all your great reviews about the xb90ex (thanks for that!) I just ordered them from Japan through Amazon.

But I have a small question about the ear tips. In an earlier post Dsnuts wrote that with the bigger wider meelec tips (TS3-SF-L-50-BK I guess) the sound of the xb90ex was even better. In another post Nihontoman stated that his meelec ear tips got stuck in his ears when trying to remove them. So my question is, Dsnuts what meelec ear tips did you use and are these the same Nihontoman uses? And do these tips perfectly fit on the xb90ex? Because I am considering to order the meelec tips too.

 

Thank you for all the great efforts on this forum!

 

Alex from The Netherlands

 

 

 

Hello. good choice you made there going for xb90ex :) hope you'll like them.

 

as for the tips - yes, those are the tips I wanted to fit on, but my guess is that the ones that I tried to use were already old and heavily used.  Meelec M21 has wider nozzle than sony and that as well as the age had some effect on them I guess :D on the other hand, I'm now using medium tips that came with my able planet. These didn't see any use and are quite a sturdy fit on sonys' somewhat smaller nozzle. these have exactle the same bore diameter as the meelecs and I'm pretty sure meelecs will be o.k. too, if they are new and in your case they will be new :) so no worries, order them and enjoy. they are perfect shape, slightly more comfortable than able planet tips but oh well :D

 

 


all this talk about tips reminded me that I have some iems that came stock with my sony ericsson xperia (which sound pretty damn nice) and their tips are also wide bored and now that I've tried them - the most comfortable on sonys :D I'm not kidding, almost everything is the same as the meelec tips but somehow they isolate better and fit better... strange :/

Edited by nihontoman - 10/9/12 at 11:04am
post #3679 of 32905
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihontoman View Post


Hello. good choice you made there going for xb90ex smily_headphones1.gif hope you'll like them.

as for the tips - yes, those are the tips I wanted to fit on, but my guess is that the ones that I tried to use were already old and heavily used.  Meelec M21 has wider nozzle than sony and that as well as the age had some effect on them I guess biggrin.gif on the other hand, I'm now using medium tips that came with my able planet. These didn't see any use and are quite a sturdy fit on sonys' somewhat smaller nozzle. these have exactle the same bore diameter as the meelecs and I'm pretty sure meelecs will be o.k. too, if they are new and in your case they will be new smily_headphones1.gif so no worries, order them and enjoy. they are perfect shape, slightly more comfortable than able planet tips but oh well biggrin.gif
did u say the sonys are bright in the highs?
post #3680 of 32905
Quote:
Originally Posted by live1 View Post

did u say the sonys are bright in the highs?

I wouldn't say bright, rather sparkly I guess...

post #3681 of 32905
Thread Starter 

The highs one the XB90EX on open box sound almost recessed..It is the reason why they sound so smooth on open box. Surprisingly enough after a solid burn in and tip change the highs have much better presence and ends up being solid. The highs on Sony iems and headphones are rolled off meaning there will be no harshness or sibilance to any of your music. Compared to many other iems the highs are actually tame in comparison but I wouldn't say lacking in any way. If it was up to me I would add maybe a bit more emphasis but for what is on there there they sound great. You get a big bold smooth deep sound with the XB90EX..

post #3682 of 32905

Thank you very much for your answers!

post #3683 of 32905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

The highs one the XB90EX on open box sound almost recessed..It is the reason why they sound so smooth on open box. Surprisingly enough after a solid burn in and tip change the highs have much better presence and ends up being solid. The highs on Sony iems and headphones are rolled off meaning there will be no harshness or sibilance to any of your music. Compared to many other iems the highs are actually tame in comparison but I wouldn't say lacking in any way. If it was up to me I would add maybe a bit more emphasis but for what is on there there they sound great. You get a big bold smooth deep sound with the XB90EX..
thanks ds these are my next iem.as i hate sibbalence
Edited by live1 - 10/9/12 at 12:00pm
post #3684 of 32905
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihontoman View Post

I wouldn't say bright, rather sparkly I guess...
[/quotewhen u say sparkly these are not sibbalence at all are they as i hate any sibbalence .and dont like eq ing out the highs
post #3685 of 32905
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihontoman View Post

I wouldn't say bright, rather sparkly I guess...
in your review of the sonys u mention sibbalence in them ,but ds says there are zero sibbalence ,i need to be sure the highs aint to sparkly and sibbalence as i hate that
post #3686 of 32905
Quote:
Originally Posted by live1 View Post

in your review of the sonys u mention sibbalence in them ,but ds says there are zero sibbalence ,i need to be sure the highs aint to sparkly and sibbalence as i hate that

I guess it's just me - I'm too sensitive to high frequencies... also, the sibilance I experienced was only with one track and very minimal at that. 

post #3687 of 32905
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihontoman View Post

I guess it's just me - I'm too sensitive to high frequencies... also, the sibilance I experienced was only with one track and very minimal at that. 

Have you tried the monoprice 8320 IEMs? If so, how do they compare to the xb90ex in sibilance? Because I had to EQ the treble down several DBs without it killing my ears haha.

post #3688 of 32905
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihontoman View Post

I guess it's just me - I'm too sensitive to high frequencies... also, the sibilance I experienced was only with one track and very minimal at that. 
me too im sensitive to sibbalence too. may pass on these and get the cheap fx3x ebay seller pandjshop 30 dollars .any1 know if he is legit.he is like 30 dollars cheaper also states genuine in massive text next to his iem ,why would you state genuine .ps do they even make fake fx3x yet
post #3689 of 32905
Thread Starter 

There is more of a chance for sibilance on the X3X than the XB90. There is no chance for sibilance on the XB90. The X3X need a long burn in for the highs to mellow. The XB90 need a long burn in for the highs to show.. If you want something in that price range I believe there is a used pair of XB60EX floating around the sale forums. I would check there. Here you go. http://www.head-fi.org/t/629348/sony-xb60ex#post_8731941


Edited by Dsnuts - 10/9/12 at 1:40pm
post #3690 of 32905

The XB30EX and XB60EX has a tendency for more sibilance than the XB90EX.  I am extremely sensitive to sibilance and the XB90EX hasn't bothered me so far but I noticed it with the 30 and 60's.  Mind you, the 90's has a lot more burn in.  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153