or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 220

post #3286 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by stozzer123 View Post

My advice would be to save to go get better later, you have the ck500's to tide you over, ricks offer seems generous though so worth it if the postage is a few bucks.

 

Wouldnt advise shelling for the 40's if your going to shell out for better sound some point soon,  why pay for middling sound of the 40's when you can step up to the eph/hf5/215/pfe etc.



Why not paying 1k bucks for customs that sound better than all of those?


There is a reason for so many choices, it all dependes on you budget and thats the reason there are hundreds or maybe thounds of iems.

post #3287 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

Stay away from the SHE9750. Go for the older SHE9700. You will be buying a downgrade from the SHE9700 not an upgrade. Those sound way too muddy with way too much slow dark bass to sound any good. Everything in the sounds is overshadowed from the overly hyped bass that is on there.. If not the SHE9700.  Try out the JVC FX101. 


omg thanks for the tip. almost pulled the trigger. Thanks for the warning.

 

I wanted to try some of the other sonys and jvc's forementioned after reading through the 200+ pages posts but they most of these noteworthy items are JDM only and not readily available in the states. :(

post #3288 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickdohc View Post



Why not paying 1k bucks for customs that sound better than all of those?


There is a reason for so many choices, it all dependes on you budget and thats the reason there are hundreds or maybe thounds of iems.

Your point doesn't make any sense, eph, hf5, pfe and 215 are all direct price competitors for the fxd-80.

post #3289 of 32862

If not concerning the prices, which one is the best IEM among JVC HA-FXD70, HA-FXD60, HA-FX40, HA-FX3X ?

If u wonder why not FXD80? just because the upper 4 models are the only on sale items that I could find in a local store.

post #3290 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by stozzer123 View Post

Your point doesn't make any sense, eph, hf5, pfe and 215 are all direct price competitors for the fxd-80.

Yea.. but then way no step up to something even better than those?

post #3291 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickdohc View Post

Yea.. but then way no step up to something even better than those?

Sorry I dont understand what you are trying to say.  Can you clarify please?

post #3292 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by stozzer123 View Post

Sorry I dont understand what you are trying to say.  Can you clarify please?


No problem.. lets move on... back to topic.

post #3293 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by belleville View Post

If not concerning the prices, which one is the best IEM among JVC HA-FXD70, HA-FXD60, HA-FX40, HA-FX3X ?

If u wonder why not FXD80? just because the upper 4 models are the only on sale items that I could find in a local store.

what store is that?

post #3294 of 32862

Sure,  all I was saying is that despite the hype there are options at the same price (which I listed) that can be favoured to the fxd-80,  where i think its out of hand is peoples expectations, especially in regard to the 40's, you may be getting great sound in what you have heard before but the fact is it is still middling (great for the price yes, but by no means exceptional like is being toted around here).

 

I would categorize as follows

 

fx101.   GREAT - for specific purpose of thumping bass phone and price even when comparing to atrio's

fx-40.    OK - middle of the road sound, at a great price, can compete with phones up to 20 or so dollars more but not higher.

fxd-80.  Good - Not great, not giant killer, bested by many within its price range but still good sounding.  (price is slightly lower then when i purchased so value may have gone up but not rank.)

post #3295 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihontoman View Post

I'll have that in consideration too. will just wait until someone who owns them compares it to others...

I owned the XB30EX and gave it away.  I also own the XB60EX and CKM500i, both are for sale in the for sale thread if you're interested.  I think both are great but if you're looking for awesome sub-bass, then the XB60EX is only a few notches below the XB90EX.  The 16mm drivers of the 90's outperform the 13.5mm drivers of the other two easily.  

post #3296 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post

I owned the XB30EX and gave it away.  I also own the XB60EX and CKM500i, both are for sale in the for sale thread if you're interested.  I think both are great but if you're looking for awesome sub-bass, then the XB60EX is only a few notches below the XB90EX.  The 16mm drivers of the 90's outperform the 13.5mm drivers of the other two easily.  

thanks for the reply. I really need to make up my mind on what I want and then spend the hard earned cash :) there are just so many options out there that it isn't even funny :D

post #3297 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by stozzer123 View Post

Sure,  all I was saying is that despite the hype there are options at the same price (which I listed) that can be favoured to the fxd-80,  where i think its out of hand is peoples expectations, especially in regard to the 40's, you may be getting great sound in what you have heard before but the fact is it is still middling (great for the price yes, but by no means exceptional like is being toted around here).

 

I would categorize as follows

 

fx101.   GREAT - for specific purpose of thumping bass phone and price even when comparing to atrio's

fx-40.    OK - middle of the road sound, at a great price, can compete with phones up to 20 or so dollars more but not higher.

fxd-80.  Good - Not great, not giant killer, bested by many within its price range but still good sounding.  (price is slightly lower then when i purchased so value may have gone up but not rank.)

 

 

Its great if you are comming from cheapos like me and a bunch of other guys that have the same background of cheapos.

 

i dont think nobody here, at least of the pages i have read, have stated  that they are the best thing on the planet or exeptional.  in my case, i ALWAYS make it clear that for me, comming from cheapos the fx40 is great and better than anything on there price range, thats 20 under, i , like a bunch of others have the opinion that they are better than the Fx101. but thats another discussion. my point is,  if you are comming from cheapos, and you budget are cheapos and thats all you got on you pocket the Fx40 is a great for the price.

 

Whe could argue that for 10 dolars more there are better iems.. but whe could go on and on, i could pay 30 for the Grados99 then some would say  "dude, why settle for middle sound, pay 40 more and buy "insert model here".. in the end, there is always something better with more money on you hand.... its like buying a car, if your budget is only 25k and the best car you could get is a Honda Civic,  yea.. it will be great, exeptional at that price range and for what it is... the problem would be if the owner of the civic is raving that its better than a Lambo or a Ferrari. Again, i havent read, so far noboday stating that the Fx40 is a giant killer. 

 

i find the 3580 better than the Fx101,  but thats my opinion.. not a fact.  In my opinion the FX40 is better than the 3580 and the Fx101, but again, thats my opinion and thats the reason of this forum.  i even stated that 7.2 points from joker is not bad at all.  whe all now that there are better iems .. but that would be like writing on the 8320 thread to better save more money and buy some customs or W4 or whatever model and dont settle for that sound when there are better iems at the market, whe all know that, its not something new. but if you only have 9 dolars for an iem, why not? whats the problem?  are they great or giant killers? no... whe all know that, the point is that they are better for what you pay, thats the point of all of this.

 

 

yes, in my case, i could buy a Westone or a GR06 or 01 and dont even bother with all these cheapos, but i am doing this for the fun, starting from the cheapos to move up to the better ones, its about the journey, the fun of doing it for me.

 

 

Thats why i apreciate what people like DSnuts , JOE with the 3580 and a bunch of otheres do,  bringing all these cheapos (others not so cheap) so whe can have some fun and an option to those that dont want to spend more money , dont have the money or people like me that just want to have fun with all these cheapos.

 

 

 

just giving my opinion,  i have no bad intentions here.


Edited by rickdohc - 9/10/12 at 3:30pm
post #3298 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by stozzer123 View Post

Sure,  all I was saying is that despite the hype there are options at the same price (which I listed) that can be favoured to the fxd-80,  where i think its out of hand is peoples expectations, especially in regard to the 40's, you may be getting great sound in what you have heard before but the fact is it is still middling (great for the price yes, but by no means exceptional like is being toted around here).

 

I would categorize as follows

 

fx101.   GREAT - for specific purpose of thumping bass phone and price even when comparing to atrio's

fx-40.    OK - middle of the road sound, at a great price, can compete with phones up to 20 or so dollars more but not higher.

fxd-80.  Good - Not great, not giant killer, bested by many within its price range but still good sounding.  (price is slightly lower then when i purchased so value may have gone up but not rank.)

 

 

I disagree. The eph-100, hf5, and SE215 are by no means better than the FXD80 in my book. 

 

As for the FX40, if that's your evaluation of them then I'd hate to see what you think of the FXT90. I owned the FXT90 and FX40 at the same time, and them to occupy the same sound quality tier. If you think the FX40 only competes with $40 phones, then what dollar value would you put on the FXT90?

post #3299 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihontoman View Post

thanks for the reply. I really need to make up my mind on what I want and then spend the hard earned cash :) there are just so many options out there that it isn't even funny :D

Not sure what your budget is but the JVC FXD series are worth your hard earned cash in my book.  Even the FXD60's have amazing sound.  Less refined of the three but still brings out great clarity but more powerful bass thats addicting.  But if you are a sub-bass man, the XB90EX is king without losing too much details in the mids and highs.  Lots of choices but most listed in this thread is here for a reason.  One of the better threads here on head-fi.  

post #3300 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

 

 

I disagree. The eph-100, hf5, and SE215 are by no means better than the FXD80 in my book. 

 

As for the FX40, if that's your evaluation of them then I'd hate to see what you think of the FXT90. I owned the FXT90 and FX40 at the same time, and them to occupy the same sound quality tier. If you think the FX40 only competes with $40 phones, then what dollar value would you put on the FXT90?

eph-100 are a particular favourite of mine so ill leave them out, everything else is of course a personal preference I have came to when direct comparing and evaluating them.  The fxd-80's were good (i did not say otherwise).

 

I wouldnt put any value on the fxt-90 as i have never owned it or been inclined to own it.  What I did think was that at $30 and above the fx40 wades into xears territory and that they should be pause for consideration given equally good performance and better build quality.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153