or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 219

post #3271 of 32908
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickdohc View Post

I am not reading 200 pages of this thread but whats that "filter mod"? How sound changes with that mod.

God dam€@t. This Hiro Mix is blowing my mind! The sintetic bass is insane man, fast, detailed, sweet lord.

Im getting more "wow factor" from these fx40 than my s500, any reason this is hapening? I was expecting the other way around.


Maybe your ears prefer In Ear? My fiancee is like that with headphones.

post #3272 of 32908

odd, nevermind


Edited by Joe Bloggs - 9/9/12 at 9:18pm
post #3273 of 32908

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnom View Post

So, what were you comparing the FXD80s to to make them sound bad?

What do you recommend then?

 

 

Sorry where exactly did I say they sound bad?

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by stozzer123 View Post

not bad or anything but just nowhere on a par with my others, heard there cheaper now so may be slightly better value.

 

 

 

Preference that i would take over the 80's goes to many:

 

eph-100*, pfe 112*, hje900*, b2's*, re262, hf5, mdr-ex600, er4s*,gr07, re272, fx700, tf10*,re-0, se215*

 

*owned at same time as 80's


Edited by stozzer123 - 9/9/12 at 9:27pm
post #3274 of 32908

Sorry my apologies for that,

Ok so you did have quite good IEMs on hand didnt you, seems fair enough then now doesnt it,

Thanks for that :)

Still can't make my mind up on which Big IEM to pick,They all sound so good!

I really wanna try that FX40 out though!

post #3275 of 32908

My advice would be to save to go get better later, you have the ck500's to tide you over, ricks offer seems generous though so worth it if the postage is a few bucks.

 

Wouldnt advise shelling for the 40's if your going to shell out for better sound some point soon,  why pay for middling sound of the 40's when you can step up to the eph/hf5/215/pfe etc.

post #3276 of 32908
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickdohc View Post

I am not reading 200 pages of this thread but whats that "filter mod"? How sound changes with that mod.
God dam€@t. This Hiro Mix is blowing my mind! The sintetic bass is insane man, fast, detailed, sweet lord.
Im getting more "wow factor" from these fx40 than my s500, any reason this is hapening? I was expecting the other way around.


ITS DAT LUSH NANOTUBE BASS!!! <3's  Yeah for me the bass seems bigger on the FX40s than the S500s, maybe cuz they are in ears/ more intimate??? hence making their bass seem more full which makes everything sound more fun/ musical?  

 

Hey you know what rickdohc, you have a sansa clip+ right, if you have rockbox on it, turn the bass up to 10, set volume to -13, and treble to 2 or 3. This is gonna knock your socks off, cuz it's gonna make your S500s sound like a more refined/ bigger and better version of the FX40s.  I just did this on my clip+ and it's sounding oh so SWEET!!!


Edited by sfwalcer - 9/12/12 at 11:48pm
post #3277 of 32908

One last question:

 

what's better for the 60-ish I have to pay - Sony XB30EX or the JVC XF3X? 

post #3278 of 32908
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihontoman View Post

One last question:

 

what's better for the 60-ish I have to pay - Sony XB30EX or the JVC XF3X? 

I've yet to get any review on the XB30. I don't know if anyone has it.

post #3279 of 32908
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihontoman View Post

One last question:

 

what's better for the 60-ish I have to pay - Sony XB30EX or the JVC XF3X? 

are those your only options??

post #3280 of 32908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda View Post

are those your only options??

of course not - I can get anything that is sold on ebay or any U.s. based website... do you have better suggestions? it's just that these seem to be what I am looking for - strong full sound without the loss of clarity and detail...

post #3281 of 32908
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihontoman View Post

of course not - I can get anything that is sold on ebay or any U.s. based website... do you have better suggestions? it's just that these seem to be what I am looking for - strong full sound without the loss of clarity and detail...

i havent heard those two, but for strong full sound without the loss of clarity and detail i can say the CKM500

post #3282 of 32908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda View Post

i havent heard those two, but for strong full sound without the loss of clarity and detail i can say the CKM500

I'll have that in consideration too. will just wait until someone who owns them compares it to others...

post #3283 of 32908

Dsnuts,

 

Could you take a look at Philips SHE9005? USD 38 on ebay, and USD 

 

http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?slg=en&scy=fr&ctn=SHE9005/00

 

The spec is almost the same as SHE5105, but with better ear tips (foam and silicon provided), and volume rocker. :D

A friend of mine in Hong Kong recommended me this one when I tried to get a favour from him to purchase SHE5105.

 

Very tempted to get a hold on this Philips SHE9005! :D

 

There's also another version for Android phone: Philips SHE9005A

 

Philips SHE9005 (Click to show)

 

Philips SHE9005A and SHE5105 side by side (Click to show)

post #3284 of 32908

Wanted to post a thank you for this discovery thread. I'll be putting in an order for the Philips SHE9750 and the SHE3590

post #3285 of 32908
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by acitydweller View Post

Wanted to post a thank you for this discovery thread. I'll be putting in an order for the Philips SHE9750 and the SHE3590

Stay away from the SHE9750. Go for the older SHE9700. You will be buying a downgrade from the SHE9700 not an upgrade. Those sound way too muddy with way too much slow dark bass to sound any good. Everything in the sounds is overshadowed from the overly hyped bass that is on there.. If not the SHE9700.  Try out the JVC FX101. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153