or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 211

post #3151 of 32906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

Oh by all means get yourself a XB90EX then. Puts the fun in your music for sure. On some of the better recorded tracks that is where these earphones become unique. These are the only earphones that I can clearly make out the vocals in front of the instruments because they have so much depth to the sounds...I think something like the FXD80 and a XB90EX make a good couple.. One for your big bassy EDM n hiphop the other for classical and everything in between.

 

As for getting a FXD80. I would just get one from Ebay and use paypal. You are covered that way. I do believe there might be one used on the forums too.

 

 

Thanks for the reply. I just need the sonys to be available on amazon or maybe become a little bit cheaper and I'll get hose first :)

post #3152 of 32906

$17.86 for the black FX40 on Amazon right now. I like my nanotube S500's so much I decided to order a pair today to try out.

 

I find the monoprice IEMs okay, and certainly for the price, but I'm hoping for a good step up from those!

post #3153 of 32906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post


The FX40 use a new tech for driver that is nothing short of a marvel, Carbon nanotubes.and the monos use the old Neod drivers. The difference is the FX40 has a fantastic clean HD sound. Clear definition in the highs the mids and the bass. It is some of the best quality sound for the price payed for certain. The MP8320 sounds great given their big drivers and bigger housing but comes up a bit short in the highs and the lows. That is where these FX40 will shine. Give them a go for $21. worth every penny. Give them a good 200 hours burn in with some loud EDM and you are golden.

 

 

Sticky!

post #3154 of 32906
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickdohc View Post

 

 

i got the HTF600 and Fx40,  once you listen to your Fx40 you will find out how "Boxy" the HTF600 sounds, they sound cheap compared to the FX40, the only thing the got over the FX40 is a bigger sound and amount of bass.

.

Dont get me wrong, they are a good HP for the price, mines has over a year and are like new , no quailty construction issues whatsover,  but the funny thing is that the Fx40 is cheeper and sounds better, even if its a iem.

 

Get the Fx40, take your time and save the rest for the FXD80 or S5000, in the meantime enjoy yor Fx40.  This nanotubes things are worth every penny and blows the living life of anything in their price range. 


:] Thank you for the quick response, rickdohc, but I'm actually interested in both a replacement IEM and a Over Ear. I'm definitely getting the FX40 and I know I will love the hell out of them, but I have issues with wearing IEM [I've tried comply, super tips, etc] for longer then four hours of continous use. An issue I've never had--even with the most uncomfortable--fulls sized headphones. I want to use the Fulls for HipHop/Dubstep/Electro and gaming. I see what you mean about the HTF600, but what do you think about the Incipio F38 [Brainwavz MH3]. If I must I've splurge my limited budget on getting S500 imported.

Now, just to clear things up. I currently have a limited budget because I'm buying things for my new apartment. By the time October rolls around I'll have a lot more money and buying the FXD80s will be no problem. That and the fact my money is on a giftcard that's about to expire, means there is no real reason for me to save P:

post #3155 of 32906

I know a lot of people are just listening to the FX40's raw--and I will most likely do the same--but I'm reading that the carbon nanotubes respond extremely well to Eq. Can someone confirm?

post #3156 of 32906
Good descision. You wont go wrong with the htf600 since they are only 30.00 if you need a decent HP.
post #3157 of 32906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vain III View Post


:] Thank you for the quick response, rickdohc, but I'm actually interested in both a replacement IEM and a Over Ear. I'm definitely getting the FX40 and I know I will love the hell out of them, but I have issues with wearing IEM [I've tried comply, super tips, etc] for longer then four hours of continous use. An issue I've never had--even with the most uncomfortable--fulls sized headphones. I want to use the Fulls for HipHop/Dubstep/Electro and gaming. I see what you mean about the HTF600, but what do you think about the Incipio F38 [Brainwavz MH3]. If I must I've splurge my limited budget on getting S500 imported.

Now, just to clear things up. I currently have a limited budget because I'm buying things for my new apartment. By the time October rolls around I'll have a lot more money and buying the FXD80s will be no problem. That and the fact my money is on a giftcard that's about to expire, means there is no real reason for me to save P:

Then you must get the S500's! Dsnuts says they are awesome for gaming.

post #3158 of 32906
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauaad View Post

 

Too bad I can't do that. Where I live, the FX40 will cost me more than the GR02. So its either one of the two for me. :p

What about their build quality, btw? My Marshmallows are going on strong a year on, so these two should also last me over a year, right?

 

The point where the wires goes into the unit may look filmsy but a few times I got it connected to the desktop computer, forgot I was wearing them, stood up to get something and could have swore I've ripped the wires out, but no  ...they kept on working.

post #3159 of 32906

woah all the hype with the FX40 makes me want to buy one too !
but i can't seem to find them for a good price in Australia ): the ones on e-bay are $50 with shipping included :S
i know that's well above their retail price :S frown.gif

post #3160 of 32906

I bought a set of the JVC's simply for no other reason than it said "Carbon Nano-Tubes" on the box.  It's a rather large inside joke with a few of my friends. 

Anyhow, I hate IEMs.

I like the JVC's.

post #3161 of 32906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfit View Post

 

If what he said is true, then I should not be hearing any differences between my well seasoned pair of FX40 and the new pair I got as a spare !

Doing an A/B comparision they certainly don't sound like they're the same iems, same signature yes but difference sound    ...like comparing a CKM500 to a CKM300.

 

It could all be in my mind if I had to rely on memory to compare the sound, but there's no escaping the difference when you A/B both a burned-in and NIB (New in Box) pairs, in this case both my mind and more importantly, my ears tells me otherwise.

I totally agree with this
I actually have a friend who owns two identical pairs of senheissers (forgot the model name) one was new and one was burned in, you can tell that the ones burned in sounds way better
How much burning in required though depends on the earphone though imo ( some may not even need burn ins ?)

post #3162 of 32906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Simpson View Post

Then you must get the S500's! Dsnuts says they are awesome for gaming.

Yeah, I keep hearing that. It's so sad that importing would cost an arm and a leg for me. I'll add some to my collection around the same time I get the FXD80s.

post #3163 of 32906
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRichard View Post

I bought a set of the JVC's simply for no other reason than it said "Carbon Nano-Tubes" on the box.  It's a rather large inside joke with a few of my friends. 

Anyhow, I hate IEMs.

I like the JVC's.


HA. Tell me about it. My fiancee feels the same way your friends do. She'll never understand why I'm fascinated with the nanotubes.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickdohc View Post

Good descision. You wont go wrong with the htf600 since they are only 30.00 if you need a decent HP.


Nice, but how do they compare to the F38. Supposedly they [F38] have better highs and mids with only a margin of bass lose. 

post #3164 of 32906

Sorry, dont have the F30 so i cant coment on them.
 

post #3165 of 32906
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickdohc View Post

Sorry, dont have the F30 so i cant coment on them.
 

Mmkay, I'll research more on the F38s and wait around until Labor Day [my card expires Tuesday] to see if any nice sells pop up.

I've pulled the trigger on the FX40's. Says they should arrive before the seventh of September.

What are the best tips to use with them? Do you think my Monster Triple Flange will have ill or positive effects?


Edited by Vain III - 8/31/12 at 7:04am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153