The hybrids don't really work with the 77s because they have a larger nozzle.. You'd want to get some of the MEElec tips instead because of the wider bore.. It gives more of that amazing AT sound off.. I have no doubt that the 90s are better than the 77s but if the option is even just 80 percent of the 90s sound at 50 dollars compared to ~130 for the 90s then that choice is easy.. Then you can decide how easy it will be for you to pay out the 130 for the upgrade it will provide.. At least that would be my course of action =)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productJVC HA-FX101tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productJVC HA-FX40-B Earphone - KV6902tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productPhilips SHE3580/28 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productPhilips SHE9700tagged by System, 1/7/12
- productPioneer DJE-1500-K Professional DJ In-Ear Headphonestagged by joe, 8/6/14
- productSony MH1 Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productThermaltake, In-ear Headsettagged by System, 12/31/11
- productVSONIC VC1000tagged by YOT, 6/26/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sturdy budget earphones, best bang for the buck? (Mostly for text) Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. Last post on 11/18/16 at 2:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Does it make sense to buy IEM's that match the DAC? Last post on 7/21/13 at 4:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- GR02 vs GR99 vs GR04 vs MH1C Last post on 11/4/12 at 3:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
I got the honour of being part of the C1 World Tour . Whatever I did, thank you! It’s not every day that 3 new products from the same manufacturer arrive on your doorstep. I have the...
The Zpre is a dated small form factor preamp from Parasound, that also happens to be a great headphone amplifier. It comes with the Burr Brown 2134 Opamp for those that care for this type of...
Campfire Audio Vega – initial impressions As you will know if you read my recent review on the Lyra II, I have recently been lucky enough to get the chance to hear the three newest models...
About Me: I came into the world of audio from a guitar background, buying up tube amps from when I was a kid and was always fascinated with them. Then I ended up buying my first decent pair of...
What a great headphone! Disclaimer: at my house to get any head time at all, you've got to match up with the Sennheiser HD800, PSB M4U 1, Klipsch Status, HiFiMan RE-262, and others. In short, the...
The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 191
Gear mentioned in this thread:
This is what you want..
There are other combinations for cheaper but that gives you every tip in every size so you are guaranteed to find the perfect fit/seal.. The other option would be this..
If you knew for sure you didn't want the extra long tips or short biflange tips from the other package.. These would give you the 3 sizes of the single flange tips plus 1 double and 1 triple flange.. Choice is completely up to you on which you find more value in.. I couldn't even picture using any IEM now without the short bi flange from the first link so I'm glad I didn't go the cheaper/less tips route
** just saw your 2nd post.. Yes they work with most IEMs and they work perfectly with the 101s.. Of course some IEMs will have smaller nozzles though so they wouldn't fit those.. Like the MG7s.. But the 101s 40s 77s and 500s all fit and benefit from them =).. I couldn't tell you one way or the other for the 90exs though but I would assume they fit as well =)
Edited by oneoseven - 8/4/12 at 7:35pm
Lol you gotta stop.. Buy the 77s.. They are it.. Or save up for the 90exs.. There really isn't another choice.. Or keep comparing everything to everything and stick with the 101s =)
Hahahhahahah, thats bloody just what I'm doing!!!
I keep delaying it aye,
I just wanna make sure that I make the right decision and not regret it!
Well from your reassurance I might as well take the leap,
But regarding those Eartips, is there any way to get it cheaper, shipping is whats making it so much more, its just because I live in New Zealand :(
DUDES stop talking about the 77s and the CKM500s, OFF TOPIC!.........cuz cuz makes me want get them too. T_ _T
Haha Kinda in the same boat as you Omnom but it's with the JVC FXD 70's or the S500s, although I really want to give the CKM500s a try as well just to see what the hype is about.
Oh one more thing that you might want to consider if you are getting the ATH's with the hybrid earbud/ in ear design. If wearing normal earbuds hurts your ears like it does for me, these ATH hybrid housings might be a problem comfort wise. As I have the Isurus Tt's and Brainwavz Beta v2's with similar housings they were not that comfy, BUT the mee bi-flange helped a lot in that area. Without it I could never wear them for more than 30 mins tops. So the bi-flange tips are a must it seems......
This is the main factor holding me back from getting the CKM 500s, and was also why I was concerned about the big housing of the sony XB90EX's.
Edited by sfwalcer - 8/4/12 at 9:22pm
Thanks for that Sfwalcer, Looks like I will try them out first, if they really are a problem I may as well get the Ear tip package :)
Man there are just to many IEMs out there that are all so tempting to buy!
I know right? Wish I didn't buy my superlux HD 668B's and HD681F's ha, these damn JCV FX40s have ruined them for me, although they are very capable for their price, now that I have had a taste of these nanotube HD/ 3D like sound I can never go back. T^T
Anyone want to buy some superluxes? LMAO dead serious
WEAKKKKKKKKK, someone just bought the FXD 70's that were going for $65 shipped on ebay just as when I was about to buy, and loss the bid for the 80's as well troLoLoLoLoLO. I know it's one of you from this thread.....
Think this is a sign to wait it out........
Edited by sfwalcer - 8/4/12 at 10:21pm
I'm no expert but I tried both the 77 and the VB, my opinion...... Get the 77's. The VB's don't even come anywhere near them. It's like comparing a Honda Accord, to a Murcielago.
- The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Denon AH-D2000 boxed and excellent UK only 23 seconds ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 52 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing NightOwl Carbon & NightHawk Carbon. Next Generation... 2 minutes ago
- › Cypherus Audio Xduoo X3 Copper 3 minutes ago
- › Pittsburgh HeadPhile Meet! 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 5 minutes ago
- › 2016 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Exchange sign up 7 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 7 minutes ago
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Takeanidea
- › Parasound Zpre zone preamplifier by snellemin
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Jackpot77
- › EarSonics Velvet by SeeSax
- › Tony Bennett TBSE1 Signature Edition Headphone - Black/Silver by DJ The Rocket
- › Accutone Pisces Digital In-Ear Headset - Retail Packaging -... by mark2410
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by bartzky
- › Beats Solo3 Wireless On-Ear Headphone - Black by MICHAELSD
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by flinkenick
- › TFZ Balance 2M by ustinj
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear