- 7,630 Posts. Joined 12/2010
- Location: Westfield, New Jersey
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productJVC HA-FX101tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productJVC HA-FX40-B Earphone - KV6902tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productPhilips SHE3580/28 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productPhilips SHE9700tagged by System, 1/7/12
- productPioneer DJE-1500-K Professional DJ In-Ear Headphonestagged by joe, 8/6/14
- productSony MH1 Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productThermaltake, In-ear Headsettagged by System, 12/31/11
- productVSONIC VC1000tagged by YOT, 6/26/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sturdy budget earphones, best bang for the buck? (Mostly for text) Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. Last post on 11/18/16 at 2:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Does it make sense to buy IEM's that match the DAC? Last post on 7/21/13 at 4:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- GR02 vs GR99 vs GR04 vs MH1C Last post on 11/4/12 at 3:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
In an age where (multi-driver) hybrids are all the rage, the G3 is a single dynamic from a maker known for well-regarded, modestly-price earbuds. I bought these after reading the frenetic praise...
Accutone is a company that specializes in hands-free communications solutions but they've taken their experience and expertise and used it to create a series of consumer earphones. From their...
IntroductionWhen I first reviewed Schiit Audio's original Modi/Vali stack many moons ago, I walked away very impressed to say the least. Not only was it a cost effective solution for the budding...
1. Introduction The Prophile-8, a 8 balanced armature in-ear monitor, is the new flagship from well-established German brand In-ear. So far the brand had an offering going from 2 to 4 driver...
Video Review It's not unusual to find a headphone or IEM manufacturer to branch out into making their own amps, and then their own cables, but Ken Ball is one of two people who have gone in...
The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 1633
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Interesting impressions Ds. What I've found - in general - too is that BA earphones tend to do better with tips that have a smaller diameter in its bore. The Heaven V might be the one exception (and TF10). But the W4, SE535, SE530, and BA200 all performed best this way to my ears. So the Heaven V come with tips with both wide and narrow bores. This morning I decided to give the magical FX850 a break and take the Doppio to work with me. I decided to the V large narrow bore tips on it and WOW! Perfect fit with excellent sub bass that doesn't obscure the wonderful transparency and clarity of the Doppio. I will hear the Tenore soon, but it's hard to believe it can outperform this Doppio. This may be the best dual BA earphone I've ever heard. It's amazing because I heard no bass for the first week of owning this BA earphone. It truly needed burn-in. Burn-in works. Too bad some of you non-believers won't even try it.
I just couldn't get enough. The bass started a bit sloppy and one note-ish. By the time I got to class it's low end was already tightening up and bringing out the texture that I was hoping to get.
I can already tell that another 50-100 hours will really help them settle.
The worst thing is I can imagine the FX750/850 being right up my street sound signature wise, and they look great but I wouldn't know how they fit etc. until I actually got them..
If they were sold by say Amazon UK I'd have no qualms in ordering.
Word of advise: get the KC06A. The trick is to not even think about it. JUST DO IT!
(Mochill has gotten to me already dammit! But he's probably right, and I think they would be right up your alley)
How are the fit on those?
NARMOO S1 DUEL DYNAMICS: from Narmoo.com
after 50 hours or so burn in these ROCK! Great pace and rhyhmn, good soundstage, good tonal accuracy, very musical.
they punch in way about their 44.00 cost direct from Narmoo and are a worthy addition to the fledgling company's IEMs.
They are clearer than the original Narmoo R1 and have good fit in my ears. Very good repo of voices and
acoustic instruments, the convey emotional info in music. .Kudos to the Narmoo team for putting together
such a musical phone at this price point. I wouldn't hesitate to carry them around with me for on the go listening and
regular use. You forget you have them in your ears because you are bobbing to the music, a good sign! Like the Tenores,
these represent the art of fine tuning at an entry level of price and ushers in a new level of quality in listening through IEMS
for new or budget minded listeners....great job Narmoo! and thanks to DS for pointing these out to the headphone community!
Glad your digging on them Dr blue. The Narmoo S1s are a solid upgrade on the older R1Ms for certain. I think guys that want to try something completely new with dual dynamic drivers. These have enough technicality and sound for our friends here on the discovery thread and all others on headfi. I am encouraged with Narmoos direction.
The S1s aren't the most refined but they are more satisfactory than I would like to admit. Especially considering their price. I honestly believe Narmoo will continue to bring out better and better phones with ever new release of their phones. They match up with the Geek Out amazingly well and sound great on every dap I have tried them on. To be honest I have no idea if they continue to change as my pair has less than 100 hours on them. So it will be up to the early adapters to find out if they continue to tighten up and shine even more so.
So I want to contribute with a new discovery. It impressed me so well, I can definitely say it sounds so much better than most high priced iems.
In the showcase: Philips SHE9710
This is the replacement to SHE9700 series. Comes in 4 different colors: Black, Blue, Red and White. I have tested tens of iems the same day, and out of all, price/performance these just rock. They cost about $20 in Japan, currently not available in the US. Multiple ATH, Sony, Denon, TDK, Philips headphones were tested at the same day. The track listened for all of them was Rush - The Wreckers.
The reason for the track: It is a very complicated track, certain guitar tones, drums, synths are in depth and not easy to pick up. Base guitar is extremely prominent, along with the cymbals, which bring out whether the headphone can handle them with the exact tone. One of the parts I pay the most attention to in the song is at 1:00 minute mark (on actual recording, not sure of the youtube video), the guitar notes change for a split second, and that sound is very hard to produce. The Westone 3 does an amazing job in that respect, along with the Shure 1440 that I listen to most of the time. Philips SHE9710 comes very close to these headphones in that respect.
Vocals are literally in your face, amazing, I can feel as if Geddy is right in front of me, and talking with me. This for me is one of the most important aspects of headphones that produce the best sound for rock music. The instruments are a little bit on the back, as if you are listening to a concert of Rush. Vocals are so clear and well imaged that when Geddy shouts "Breakers roar" you can actually pick up the echo, truly amazing. The bass guitar is very prominent, it truly is wonderful, you can even hear the distortion on the strings, can not add more to this. Lead guitar as I mentioned before is wonderful as well. The drums kick with punch and brings the depth of the sound even further.
Truly Philips made an amazing product. For the price this is literally unbeatable. As far as the bargain finds, this one beats the Sony MH1c by a couple of steps. They are very comfortable as well, go deep in the ear canal (about the same as Westone 3), and stays there. The issue with the cable would be that it is not a Y split, so you have to put it over back of the neck for the right ear. This would be the only downsides of the Philips SHE9710s. Cable seems to be of very high quality. The headphones comes with 3 eartips of S,M,L sizes, and a carrying case.
More info at:
I remember reading this post and had these on my radar since. I decided to purchase them with my latest order from Amazon Jp. I paid somewhere around $23 for them and I can't believe the sound I'm hearing out of these. I don't think these are at the Tenore level but pretty close to the KC06 level. Nice crispy treble, well extended bass, lively vocals and big stage. I see these are around $80 on ebay and Amazon US but I would definitely recommend people adding these to their basket if ordering other items from Amazon Jp. One negative so far is that it's a J-cord.
- The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › iFi iPurifier 2 - Reviews, Impressions and Discussion Thread 11 seconds ago
- › The Official Sony TA-ZH1ES Hi-Res Headphone Amplifier (Live From... 37 seconds ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 45 seconds ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › LG V20 Sound Quality 2 minutes ago
- › Toronto GTA Meet January 2017 with Cayin! 3 minutes ago
- › Impact Audio Cables Review: A Fresh Source of Quality (Sound), Not... 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 4 minutes ago
- › ampsandsound loaner program for Kenzie and Mogwai 5 minutes ago
- › TY Hi-Z G3 by loomisjohnson
- › Accutone Pisces BA Hybrid IEM by crabdog
- › Schiit Modi Multibit by Trogdor
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by Mimouille
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Currawong
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by vincik
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by subguy812
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by suman134
- › Fostex TH 900 by Scott Branham
- › AKG K403 by IkuMiku96
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear