- 1,053 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Location: Michigan
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productJVC HA-FX101tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productJVC HA-FX40-B Earphone - KV6902tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productPhilips SHE3580/28 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productPhilips SHE9700tagged by System, 1/7/12
- productPioneer DJE-1500-K Professional DJ In-Ear Headphonestagged by joe, 8/6/14
- productSony MH1 Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productThermaltake, In-ear Headsettagged by System, 12/31/11
- productVSONIC VC1000tagged by YOT, 6/26/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sturdy budget earphones, best bang for the buck? (Mostly for text) Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. Last post on 11/18/16 at 2:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Does it make sense to buy IEM's that match the DAC? Last post on 7/21/13 at 4:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- GR02 vs GR99 vs GR04 vs MH1C Last post on 11/4/12 at 3:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
For larger (1200x800) images, simply click any photoINTRODUCTIONAhhh – the portable amplifier – one of the audio enthusiast's more misunderstood tools / assets. For the beginner, there...
Preamble: I have already reviewed some of 1MORE’s and Xiaomi’s audio products in the past and all of them offered a great sound experience for their very reasonable price point. The...
I love the openness and light weight of earbuds, unfortunately those earbuds I tried such as OMX95, MX375, were lack of bass and musicality. Then I found Fiio EM3 is under $10 and got good review,...
I had K3003i with a custom cable. I bough it used and the cable had been replaced and the seller assured not sound different to original I loved it. I used it with Fiio X3 2nd Gen. I liked the...
Compared to nothing (in the way of noise cancelling) these are better than that. Damning with faint praise? Yeah, I guess so, but really what can you expect for the price. Sony makes a product...
The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 1606
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Both synergy and ability..The DX90 is the most neutrally accurate sounding source I have ever owned which brings out true qualities of other factors in the equation. Be it a recording from the music itself to the phones you use with it. For example that natural timbre, detail and large stage of the FX850 meshes extremely well with the sound of the DX90. And both having a large wide stage as a source and a phone means your gonna get a pairing that just sounds about as good as it gets really. .
Same with the L2 using the DX90..It just sounds expansive and alive..The greatest aspect of the DX90 is that is pairs well with everything I own actually and don't pick n choose what it likes..This is how transparent the sound is from the DX90..The weak link will most definitely not be the source in this equation.. An excellent clean source with an excellent phone and you get a sound explosion of the extremely enjoyable kind..
Edited by Dsnuts - 4/25/14 at 5:07pm
So I did some comparisons of the Geek Out with my DX90 and the Geek Out for what it is I would put the sound quality at around the $300 level in sonics. It does punch above the $200 cost point at MSRP..It is on a similar playing field as the ICON dac and my NFB-5. Which is quite an accomplishment considering this sound and power comes from a sound card the size of a pack of gum. Some crazy good engineering on these Geeks. It has two headphone outs. One being 47Ohm for higher impedance cans and .47 Ohm for lower impedance and earphones..
I have been using my Doppios of all phones on it as it pairs extremely well with the Geek Out. The surprising thing was I threw the Doppios on there as it was my most sensitive earphone to test the noise floor on the unit and it hasn't left the Geek Out since. Getting a nice burn in at the moment.
Compared to the DX90. There is a Sabre family resemblance in sound but the DX90 is superior in just about all aspects of sound. The Geek Out is leaning more toward a consumer friendly tuning more than the audiophile tuned DX90. Meaning it has more bass emphasis and sounds more intimate. Where the Geek Out is really surprising is that it has a very pleasing yet technical sound tuning on it to where it will sound right for all types of music. Sound scope is done very well on the Geek Out. The DX90 has better separation and layered depth with a touch wider stage, results of the more sophisticated dual sabre dac and amp chips implementation. Otherwise I consider the Geek Out a very worthy portable dac amp to use with your laptops.
Was saving for the Heaven V but the pre order price for the 850 here was tempting. So, now have to start saving for the V.
Edited by Leo888 - 4/25/14 at 10:12pm
Will do. Burn-in or not. I'm already digging the sound. Timbre is already well done, soundstage is wider than most stuff I own, even full sized ones. Should be interesting to see how they open up
My SRH-1540 arrived today and they are everything I was hoping for. Big bass when needed with amazing midrange and treble, plus detail and an amazing sound stage. I suspect I will be using these everywhere except transit and the office (to conspicuous for the office). Listening to Dire Straits right now and they sound just awesome, also tried Beckah Shae - Rest (big sub-bass) and 2Cellos Thunderstruck and both sounded awesome.
Congrats, enjoy-I had to do some bending of the frame to get a good fit/seal (I must have the weirdest head ever, almost nothing ever fits off the bat), but with a bit of adjustment-the frame is firm but can be bent to fit-got great sound, was just listening to it a few hours ago through Ray Samuels HR-2 amp. It does fine unamplified, a good amp and it steps up.
Project for later: get output correct on Geek Out 1000, seems to not be outputting directly from GO, cuts sample rate to 48 from higher rez files, haven't found what's set incorrectly yet. Did get some instructions from GO thread, sit down with it (wife is out, daughter is baby sitting, it's me and the dog, he LOVES adjusting/playing with headphones and electronics
Aha we have another SRH1540 fan. That sound is addicting for certain..Gotta love the spacial qualities in the sound. That depth is incredible. It is amazing to me that they pulled off that large full layered sound using 40mm drivers in the SRH1540..
Edited by Dsnuts - 4/26/14 at 2:16pm
- The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones) 1 minute ago
- › Extension cale 1 minute ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 2 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 6 minutes ago
- › Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference? 8 minutes ago
- › New guy here... 8 minutes ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 8 minutes ago
- › 2016 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Exchange sign up 10 minutes ago
- › FiiO A5 Portable Headphone Amplifier by Brooko
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by HiFiChris
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Joeng Zeon
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by dalesky
- › Don Scorpio Bass Colour by B9Scrambler
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Earphone In-Ear Headphones Multi-unit Circle Iron... by junhawng
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear