or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 1554

post #23296 of 32875
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjazz View Post


I ordered it at least a month ago, who knows when it will actually ship (got more gear than I can manage already, so not in a big rush on my end) :-)

Dang man, that's pretty long for a pre-order then.

 

you're lucky, you have quite a load, haha! I guess I do too, especially with the three powerful earphones in my arsenal (the im02, sony h3, and m200s).

post #23297 of 32875
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlenbo View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjazz View Post

I ordered it at least a month ago, who knows when it will actually ship (got more gear than I can manage already, so not in a big rush on my end) :-)
Dang man, that's pretty long for a pre-order then.

you're lucky, you have quite a load, haha! I guess I do too, especially with the three powerful earphones in my arsenal (the im02, sony h3, and m200s).
That's quite a load as well, should hold you for a bit...Got the IM70's, now feeling like I would have been better off with one of the im iems, quick initial impression didn't knock me out (but I'm getting spoiled, I guess...), it's on line for the Burn In Unit!!!! (HK there now, with some cutting in by Sony H3)
post #23298 of 32875
I think after car is fixed I may go heaven vi
post #23299 of 32875
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post
 

The PSBs are designed by the same guy who did the NAD HP50, which I think is just glorious in sound. I heard the sound is very similar in both, the PSBs should be nice.

 

I have some reviews I need to post in head-fi soon, but I think you fellas won't be seeing me post too much anymore. It's been an outstanding journey, but I think I'm done searching for that "IT" earphone. Between the FX850, H3, TE-05, Heaven V, Doppios, IM70, Cardas, M200, and my customs, I've pretty much covered the gamut of the sound signatures I love and wanted. Now it's time for more listening.

I think I'm pretty happy headphones-wise too with the On1, X1, HP50, Mikros 90, M500, WS99 and Onkyo. So I'll be around, but not that much. Happy listening fellas! :beerchug: 

 

That is what you think.  HA, HA.

 

Didn't you know this about yourself?:

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/577712/yamaha-eph-100/3720#post_10346387

 

Dsnuts said the same thing here and made all of us cry.......:

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/586909/the-discovery-thread-new-zero-audio-doppios-pg1197-kef-m200-pg835-philips-fidelio-s2-pg-724/7365#post_9199715

 

....for less than 72 hours!!! 

post #23300 of 32875
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjazz View Post


That's quite a load as well, should hold you for a bit...Got the IM70's, now feeling like I would have been better off with one of the im iems, quick initial impression didn't knock me out (but I'm getting spoiled, I guess...), it's on line for the Burn In Unit!!!! (HK there now, with some cutting in by Sony H3)

my HK are really sounding great after another 48 hours of burn in, on bench constantly since mon eve.  really tamed the bass and sweetened the highs.  nice jbl like sound

really good on light rock and also on ambient music.  quite happy with where they are going.  tomorrow:  some serious listening with em...

my PSB mu1s arrived this afternoon.  out of box they are quite good, with good bass impact but a little smeared across sub bass and MIDS Im sure some burn in will

make them live up to their reputation,,, very alive sound with great dynamics, over the ear fit and seal and good decay of phaser tones from electronic instruments.

 

i tell you though, I'm still reaching for my Doppios and X1swhen i want to enjoy the music.....the Doppios  have just wonderful texture and tone, especially for Mark Knophler music and

voices...like best of the Tenors and Bassos integrated at a higher level.....X1s just rock for electronica   

also on the test bench: Paradigm E3m, showing some promise with good bass and sparkling highs

after 24 hrs of burn...burn baby burn...

post #23301 of 32875
http://www.musicaacoustics.com/wp/blog/final-audio-design-heaven-v-impressions-by-romy-w-aka-muppetface/

Here is the most info I can find on the differences in the iv v vi. Vi is where im goin, $350 for chrome copper finish 400 for gold.
post #23302 of 32875
Read it, actually read it quite a few times before I went for the Heaven V's...Nothing I read in there made me think the VI was a whole lot better than the V. In fact, I got the impression they were very close, the VI having a somewhat "thicker" sound without losing detail, but V seemed to be the one the writer liked most (he hardly spent any time in the VI,though, could be me reading more into the review than was there). Have to go to the FAD thread, there is one, and go through it again, but, probably not going for the VI any time soon.
post #23303 of 32875
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbluenewmexico View Post
 

my HK are really sounding great after another 48 hours of burn in, on bench constantly since mon eve.  really tamed the bass and sweetened the highs.  nice jbl like sound

really good on light rock and also on ambient music.  quite happy with where they are going.  tomorrow:  some serious listening with em...

my PSB mu1s arrived this afternoon.  out of box they are quite good, with good bass impact but a little smeared across sub bass and MIDS Im sure some burn in will

make them live up to their reputation,,, very alive sound with great dynamics, over the ear fit and seal and good decay of phaser tones from electronic instruments.

 

i tell you though, I'm still reaching for my Doppios and X1swhen i want to enjoy the music.....the Doppios  have just wonderful texture and tone, especially for Mark Knophler music and

voices...like best of the Tenors and Bassos integrated at a higher level.....X1s just rock for electronica   

also on the test bench: Paradigm E3m, showing some promise with good bass and sparkling highs

after 24 hrs of burn...burn baby burn...

Are they good with rock? The harman kardons that is.

 

Nice impressions on those mu1s, makes me want the mu2s now! 

 

Oh well, at least your doppio hype is going well, I always wanted to get it, but those fostex might be a first if they hit $100.

post #23304 of 32875
Haven't listened to the W40 in a bit...really should get my review out ,maybe Sunday (squeeze in in somewhere between my work meeting, picking up my daughter during the day, and Sunday night, when another of favorite artists Steven Bernstein,is playing Dizzy's Club Coca Cola in Manhatten, with his Diaspora Soul band (Klezmer meets soul meets latin jazz music...they're a blast). The club Dizzy's....is one of the most beautiful,best sounding clubs I have ever been to. Worth a visit if you're ever in the Big Apple!
post #23305 of 32875
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikaveli06 View Post

http://www.musicaacoustics.com/wp/blog/final-audio-design-heaven-v-impressions-by-romy-w-aka-muppetface/

Here is the most info I can find on the differences in the iv v vi. Vi is where im goin, $350 for chrome copper finish 400 for gold.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjazz View Post

Read it, actually read it quite a few times before I went for the Heaven V's...Nothing I read in there made me think the VI was a whole lot better than the V. In fact, I got the impression they were very close, the VI having a somewhat "thicker" sound without losing detail, but V seemed to be the one the writer liked most (he hardly spent any time in the VI,though, could be me reading more into the review than was there). Have to go to the FAD thread, there is one, and go through it again, but, probably not going for the VI any time soon.

 

Which version of the Heaven is the Askell&Kern AKR01 like? $200 is my max budget.

 

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=1015924&gclid=CKb56Pmcpb0CFVKIfgodWJoAVA&Q=&is=REG&A=details

 

EDIT: Also, Heaven II is a little under $100 from some sellers on Amazon. Are they a good compromise of getting close to the higher versions without paying too much?


Edited by esteebin - 3/21/14 at 9:06pm
post #23306 of 32875
Quote:
Originally Posted by esteebin View Post
 

 

 

 

Which version of the Heaven is the Askell&Kern AKR01 like? $200 is my max budget.

 

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=1015924&gclid=CKb56Pmcpb0CFVKIfgodWJoAVA&Q=&is=REG&A=details

quoted from the askell&kern AKR01 thread

 

"

Originally Posted by eccom View Post
 

They look like a Final audio Heaven IV, wouldn't surprise me if it's a clone and sound just the same. Price is roughly equal as well

 

Per the OP "The AKR01 is based off the Final Audio Heaven IV design, and is voiced to work well with their AK100 and AK120DAPs, I cannot confirm that it sounds the same as I haven't heard the IV. Final Audio teamed with A&K because they like what A&K do.Another reason being they wanted to fuse the A&K sound and the Final sound into one. Thus, the AKR01 was born. "

 

Basically, it's a rebranded FAD HEAVEN IV.

 

not good since you can get it cheaper at amazon japan.

 

You're better off buying the heaven V for $20 extra.

post #23307 of 32875

Thanks for the reply.

 

It seems the V is the best of the bunch. Will consider it come holiday season.

post #23308 of 32875

Anyone seen the new Philips yet? Been out for at least a week so far, the TX1 AND TX2 .

Seem to be based off the Fidelio S1/2 from what little info there is.
Thought you would want to know.

Nice big 13.5mm dynamics

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

 

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2


Edited by nick n - 3/22/14 at 12:45am
post #23309 of 32875
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick n View Post

Anyone seen the new Philips yet? Been out for at least a week so far, the TX1 AND TX2 .
Seem to be based off the Fidelio S1/2 from what little info there is.

Thought you would want to know.
Nice big 13.5mm dynamics
Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2


Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

https://www.behance.net/gallery/Philips-TX2/14650289

I'm very excited for these, since I still love my S2s. But I preferred the more rugged look of the S1/2s. These look like they will fit better with the general public.
post #23310 of 32875

I agree about the styling on  the TX2 models at least close up, it looks like some sort of purse.

Hope someone checks in with some impressions

 

TX1 as far as looks anyhow is where its at!

https://www.behance.net/gallery/Philips-TX1/14649859

 

Bit of black permanent marker on the white lettering and you're set


Edited by nick n - 3/22/14 at 1:23am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153