or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 1551

post #23251 of 32892
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjazz View Post

OK, hooked the HK's up for burn in, they actually sound pretty good as SPEAKERS, just playing on burn in unit. Don't get too worked up yet, Vlenbo, remember I'm the grouch who is about the sole one with complaints about the Mikros 90, love to complain/hypercritical, see what happens after a kazillion hour break in (even cut the Sony break in down WAY before kazillion to give the HKs some time) smily_headphones1.gif

Alright, I'll relax, thanks for those words of encouragement!

 

I was kind of one too actually, lol. Though I did keep it to a minimum, looks like I won't need to worry about your evaluation of the cls after all.

 

You'll probably start enjoying them, and possibly recommend them when they hit $65 on a sale.

post #23252 of 32892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post
 

K545s are closed cans with great sound stage. Amazingly so actually. Balanced well and has some of that AKG treble and sparkle but what separates the K545 from the others you listed is that these have the low end for modern music. Sub bass on these cans are surprisingly strong. The mid bass is not as emphasized but has plenty of impact and punch..It has a nice mix of detail balance stage and bass.. Never heard them BnO H6s..

 

The X1s are nicer sounding than the K545 and I do prefer the sound of them over the AKGs but for something versatile being portable and closed for some isolation the K545s are nice cans.

Interesting...so these K545 have some bass as well, huh? Good to hear, considering the fact that I'm looking at the K550. As for the H6, those cans are marvellously flat, which is strange considering its market. But they say that with enough power, their bass comes alive. I haven't had the time to expereince it myself, but it might be good. Problem is, it's ridiculously expensive.

 

I was looking to get a closed can, but since I spend so much time at home, either gaming, studying (with my sister in the same room), or thinking about what to record (yes, finally going thru with it), I might as well just get something open. The cool thing is, my sister wouldn't mind; she says she likes "hearing some of the music that I hate," like, I dunno, Let It Go. 

 

I'm really torn between the Q701 and the X1...reference kings, or the perfect all-rounders? Realy stumped right now, despite the fact that the parents probably won't buy it until next year (but who knows?). Thanks again, Ds!

post #23253 of 32892
Thread Starter 

Well them Q701s and X1s are gonna be strictly for home use you know this right? The K545s are full around the ears and can be used for home and be worn out doors with no problems.. Closed so they isolate what your hearing. So you mean to tell me when your shooting people online your sister is not gonna be bothered by gun fire and explosions?  You have plenty of time to research and consider what type of sound your looking for and what you intend to use the cans for.. Read them reviews and go from there. Choose wisely.

post #23254 of 32892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post
 

Well them Q701s and X1s are gonna be strictly for home use you know this right? The K545s are full around the ears and can be used for home and be worn out doors with no problems.. Closed so they isolate what your hearing. So you mean to tell me when your shooting people online your sister is not gonna be bothered by gun fire and explosions?  You have plenty of time to research and consider what type of sound your looking for and what you intend to use the cans for.. Read them reviews and go from there. Choose wisely.

Yeah, I know they're open, and I know how fragile and fancy they look, so I'm not taking them oustide, I'm fully aware of that.

Uhh, as for the gaming thing, I don't think she'll mind, I do have a closed gaming headset (with mic). I don't think I'll use those for gaming a lot of the time, since I'll be enjoying music a lot more once I do have a pair of those.

 

Thanks for the last advice there. Ah well, I've still got a lot of time to think about it. With a lot of stellar reviews out there, it's pretty much a matter of preference from here. Thanks a lot, Ds; you're the man!

:beerchug:

post #23255 of 32892

Btw, for those who own the harman kardon cls.

 

How's the comfort + isolation on those headphones?

 

How's the build quality in your opinion?

 

And last of all...

 

 

IS IT GENUINE LEATHER LIKE THE MIKROS?!

 

Thanks for your input fellas. :beerchug:

post #23256 of 32892
So, with Accessory Jack still none the wiser on when they will receive stock from AT for the IM70, I was wondering if they are worth the cost from Amazon.jp via Tenso?

They will cost around £75 ($124) via Tenso or should I wait for Accessory Jack to get more stock in for their price of £65 ($107)?
post #23257 of 32892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post
 

Te-05 and Doppios are playing on a very similar sound level. The TE-05s have a touch smoother presentation and has a bit more emphasis on the lower mids to bass region while the Doppios have more empahsis torwards the upper mids lower treble region with a touch more treble emphasis overall.  Both extend very well on each end of the spectrum. The Doppios more so in the treble region the Te-05 more so in the deep bass region..Both are not lacking on the opposite regions however.

 

Both are neutral and have great detail and energy...If treble and upper detail/ and female vocals was your thing. the Doppios. If bass is a part of your music and enjoy male vocals the TE-05s..  Either way both are outstanding.

 

One is a dual BA and one is an outstanding single dynamic that has just as much detail as a BA.

When you say neutral, are you saying that the bass is like RE-400 and GR07, or is it more towards Fidelio S2 or Tenore?  Singolo is supposed to have more bass than Tenore; wondering whether Doppio has equal to or more bass than Singolo.

post #23258 of 32892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson73 View Post
 

When you say neutral, are you saying that the bass is like RE-400 and GR07, or is it more towards Fidelio S2 or Tenore?  Singolo is supposed to have more bass than Tenore; wondering whether Doppio has equal to or more bass than Singolo.

i haven't heard the FOSTEX but have the Doppios. and Singolos.  Doppio has thicker bass and more bass extension than the Singolos

the fuller extension causes the sound to be more balanced with no holes or thinness to it.  its not much more bassey but rather more

textured and full sounding.  both are excellent, the Doppios are  awesome level. 

post #23259 of 32892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Simpson View Post

So, with Accessory Jack still none the wiser on when they will receive stock from AT for the IM70

What's even weirder is that CDJapan has completely removed the page for the IM70.
post #23260 of 32892
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikaveli06 View Post

Good news....fostex and doppios arrived.

Bad...transmission locked up....so probably gonna list fx850 and possibly doppios and keep fostex, mikros 90, and x1. Gotta free up cash, give u guys first shot. Doppios only 12hrs old and jvc maybe a week. Price is pretty much what I paid mostly, minus tenso charge and time
thanks fir inquiries, both have been sold. Fostex te-05 will definately hold me for a while, and still have enough for x5
post #23261 of 32892
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikaveli06 View Post


thanks fir inquiries, both have been sold. Fostex te-05 will definately hold me for a while, and still have enough for x5


^ Forget about those TE-05s cuz if you are willing to drop over $150 on those why not just get the FAD HEAVEN Vs for $200 on amazon jpn currently!!!

 

For all you that has the Vs and has some Sony MH1C tips MY GOD!!! The basshead TOTALphile in me is in completely BLISS!!!

 

I like them more than the H3s tbh and these are single BA drivers SAY WHAT!!!??? :eek:

... the bass texture/ timbre/ depth/ fullness/ wholeness i have yet to experience from most dynamics i have tried. These are just a bit leaner/ less full than the H3 with MH1C tips which i actually like tbh. WOW!!!

 

AND THEY ARE SO EASY TO DRIVE, even weaksauce cellphones can drive these at good levels. Wayyy less bulky/ easier to use and better comfort than the H3s that's for sure.

 

These single BAs don't sound like dynamic these sound like hybrids. TroLoLoLoLoLoLoLO!!! :triportsad: 


Edited by sfwalcer - 3/20/14 at 5:30pm
post #23262 of 32892

Carbo Bassos are still going strong :D

post #23263 of 32892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackem View Post
 

Carbo Bassos are still going strong :D


^ Those Bassos are sweet meng, if not for their driver flex issues on the set that i auditioned i would have gotten a set longgg ago.

 

So for me my VSD1s is still going strong. : P

post #23264 of 32892
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post
 


^ Forget about those TE-05s cuz if you are willing to drop over $150 on those why not just get the FAD HEAVEN Vs for $200 on amazon jpn currently!!!

 

For all you that has the Vs and has some Sony MH1C tips MY GOD!!! The basshead TOTALphile in me is in completely BLISS!!!

 

I like them more than the H3s tbh and these are single BA drivers SAY WHAT!!!??? :eek:

...

I love the MH1C tips, but my Heaven IV/VI sing best with the wide bore FAD tips.

Have you tried those? FAD installs the narrow bore ones by default, which makes Heavens sound congested.

post #23265 of 32892
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenF View Post
 

I love the MH1C tips, but my Heaven IV/VI sing best with the wide bore FAD tips.

Have you tried those? FAD installs the narrow bore ones by default, which makes Heavens sound congested.


^ Nope, the set i have on loan didn't come with stock tips sadly, but they sound good with a lot of the tips i own really. For more tamed, less bombastic sound the VSonic stock black tips are nice along with the auvio radioshack tips.

 

But yeah this lil' single BA driver is no joke, tuning REALLY is everything.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153