or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 1518

post #22756 of 32862

I don't know how much faith to put into VGP awards, but has anyone tried ATH-CHX7/CHX7iS (5376 yen)?  They gave them gold award in the 5,000-10,000 yen catetgory, beating ATH-IM50:

 

http://www.visualgrandprix.com/vgp2014/vgp_p2_12.html

 

 

Also, has anyone heard these?

 

In the 10,000-20,000 yen category but heavily discounted now:

 

Denon AH-C100 5162 yen

Sony MDR-S70AP 5780 yen

 

 

Gold winner in 10,000 yen category:

 

Audio Technica ATH-WS55X 4980 yen

 

All prices are from kakaku.com

post #22757 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson73 View Post
 

I don't know how much faith to put into VGP awards, but has anyone tried ATH-CHX7/CHX7iS (5376 yen)?  They gave them gold award in the 5,000-10,000 yen catetgory, beating ATH-IM50:

 

http://www.visualgrandprix.com/vgp2014/vgp_p2_12.html

 

 

Also, has anyone heard these?

 

In the 10,000-20,000 yen category but heavily discounted now:

 

Denon AH-C100 5162 yen

Sony MDR-S70AP 5780 yen

 

 

Gold winner in 10,000 yen category:

 

Audio Technica ATH-WS55X 4980 yen

 

All prices are from kakaku.com

 

 

They barely get 3 and half stars on amazon japan though. Usually those consumers give very thorough reviews.

post #22758 of 32862

VGP is a nationalistic chest bump to Japanese made equipment. AT always somehow wins.....

post #22759 of 32862

Anyone have experience with White Rabbit for buying Japanese items to the U.S., or is there an alternative?  I looked at Tenso, but it is hard to order on Japanese sites.

post #22760 of 32862

Anyone here heard both Monster Gratitude and RHA MA750?

If so which one would be better for trance music?

Thanks

post #22761 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post
 

 

 

They barely get 3 and half stars on amazon japan though. Usually those consumers give very thorough reviews.

only 2 reviewed it.

 

1 gave it 5 stars with person deeming it helpful

 

the other gave it two stars, while his feedback was 0 out of 4 people deemed it helpful

 

This iem would be risky buying. :( 

 

kakaku on the otherhand gets a 4.3 rating overall

 

with 4.0 in the highs

 

3.8 in the bass


Edited by vlenbo - 3/4/14 at 12:57pm
post #22762 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
 

Anyone here heard both Monster Gratitude and RHA MA750?

If so which one would be better for trance music?

Thanks


I've heard both. The Gratitude should be the better for trance. With the right tips the Gratitude is a bit better overall, IMO.

 

MA750 seems to have two camps based on how they fit and the resulting sound signature. One is less detailed, less balanced, warmer with a bass slant and less treble. The other camp is treble that can even be too much until you get a good fit then they are balanced and quite quick and more detailed and articulate than the other camp hear them. I was in the second more balanced sounding camp. This could affect how good they are for trance.

 

My 2 cents anyhow :)

post #22763 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlenbo View Post
 

only 2 reviewed it.

 

1 gave it 5 stars with person deeming it helpful

 

the other gave it two stars, while his feedback was 0 out of 4 people deemed it helpful

 

This iem would be risky buying. :( 

 

kakaku on the otherhand gets a 4.3 rating overall

 

with 4.0 in the highs

 

3.8 in the bass

 

It's an earbud so how they fit is key. The reviews may be all over the place. The stupid hybrid tips; don't fall for that. Still an earbud and they won't really isolate and very fit dependent. The CHX are not an IEM. Pretty much AT's answer to Yurbuds.


Edited by jant71 - 3/4/14 at 1:02pm
post #22764 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by jant71 View Post
 

 

It's an earbud so how they fit is key. The reviews may be all over the place. The stupid hybrid tips; don't fall for that. Still an earbud and they won't really isolate and very fit dependent. The CHX are not an IEM.

Thanks for the correction!

 

They pretty much are, pretty risky unless someone will be able to get great fitting for them.

 

Hybrid tips don't help much for earbuds in isolation and fit?

post #22765 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlenbo View Post
 

Thanks for the correction!

 

They pretty much are, pretty risky unless someone will be able to get great fitting for them.

 

Hybrid tips don't help much for earbuds in isolation and fit?


Still depends on fit. Someone bumped that thread after they got them and said they don't isolate worth a damn for them. At best halfway in between a bud and standard canalphone(meaning a straight barrel TE-05 type in-ear and not a monitor style).

post #22766 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson73 View Post
 

Anyone have experience with White Rabbit for buying Japanese items to the U.S., or is there an alternative?  I looked at Tenso, but it is hard to order on Japanese sites.

I have used white rabbit 3x for japanese earphones and they did a good job every time. recommended

post #22767 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlenbo View Post
 

only 2 reviewed it.

 

1 gave it 5 stars with person deeming it helpful

 

the other gave it two stars, while his feedback was 0 out of 4 people deemed it helpful

 

This iem would be risky buying. :( 

 

kakaku on the otherhand gets a 4.3 rating overall

 

with 4.0 in the highs

 

3.8 in the bass

Kakaku is 4.63 overall rating, but only 5 raters.

post #22768 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson73 View Post
 

Anyone have experience with White Rabbit for buying Japanese items to the U.S., or is there an alternative?  I looked at Tenso, but it is hard to order on Japanese sites.


Bought my JVC HA-S680 through them, good service and reasonable pricing.

Kakaku is cheaper though.

post #22769 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenF View Post
 


Bought my JVC HA-S680 through them, good service and reasonable pricing.

Kakaku is cheaper though.

Isn't Kakaku just a price comparison search?  I used it for S680 and the cheapest one shipped is Amazon.jp.

 

Have you guys used Tenso?  Although buying from small companies would be difficult, Amazon.jp doesn't seem so bad since they have a guide specifically for that site.

 

How much cheaper is Tenso vs. Whiterabbitexpress to the U.S.?  I'm wondering if it's worth the extra hassle of ordering yourself.

post #22770 of 32862
Thread Starter 

Ok guys I had some time finally to write up some thoughts on the JVC FX850. Read it here. http://www.head-fi.org/t/708427/the-new-jvc-fx850-woodie-perfection-a-review#post_10330155

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153