or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 1514

post #22696 of 32858
Thread Starter 

I remember when I heard the old JVC FX1X a long time ago..Big bassy phone. Not the most refined but a fun listen none the less. On open listen there was no highs, and mids that sounded compressed and booming bass..While burning these phones. It made me realize that one can't judge JVC phones on open listen. FX40s was another that improved a lot with burn in. FXD and FXZs.. All JVC phones actually..Just know that JVC does not preburn any earphone or headphone they make.

 

The FX850s even on open listen produced a sound I thought was very unique. Fullsized headphone like sound that definitely had potential. What I am hearing now is more than potential...For one.. The Silver coated OFC cables are raw as well as the drivers..The sonic upgrade that I am hearing today is astounding.

 

These will make a believer out of anyone that don't think much about burn in..Forget mental burn in . I have records of what I posted about how they sounded on open listen. As fantastically the sound was on open listen. The sonic changes are undeniable.. It went from being the H3 equal in SQ to what I am hearing them today. Something that is special for me. I mean there was no possible way these was gonna eclipse my favorite full sound in the SRH1540.

 

But they did..


Edited by Dsnuts - 3/2/14 at 5:49pm
post #22697 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post
 

I remember when I heard the old JVC FX1X a long time ago..Big bassy phone. Not the most refined but a fun listen none the less. On open listen there was no highs, and mids that sounded compressed and booming bass..While burning these phones. It made me realize that one can't judge JVC phones on open listen. FX40s was another that improved a lot with burn in. FXD and FXZs.. All JVC phones actually..Just know that JVC does not preburn any earphone or headphone they make.

 

The FX850s even on open listen produced a sound I thought was very unique. Fullsized headphone like sound that definitely had potential. What I am hearing now is more than potential...For one.. The Silver coated OFC cables are raw as well as the drivers..The sonic upgrade that I am hearing today is astounding.

 

These will make a believer out of anyone that don't think much about burn in..Forget mental burn in . I have records of what I posted about how they sounded on open listen. As fantastically the sound was on open listen. The sonic changes are undeniable.. It went from being the H3 equal in SQ to what I am hearing them today. Something that is special for me. I mean there was no possible way these was gonna eclipse my favorite full sound in the SRH1540.

 

But they did..

Darnit! If only I could sleep sideways while having them on... :(

post #22698 of 32858
Thread Starter 

I am gonna be honest with you..These are like museum quality..How you gonna sleep on museum art.? Lol. Aint that what the SHE3590s are for?

 

Oh another note.. I am gonna predict this.. Once ericp and Danny get their FX850s.. It will be ON!. These are truly worth your hard earned cash..Keep these on your radar..Read as many impressions of these phones as you can.. These are going to be very popular among enthusiasts.


Edited by Dsnuts - 3/2/14 at 6:05pm
post #22699 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post
 

I am gonna be honest with you..These are like museum quality..How you gonna sleep on museum art.? Lol. Aint that what the SHE3590s are for?

 

Haha true dat 

 

But it also became sort-of my ideal of keeping a low profile out on the streets and not having them sticking out of my ears much

post #22700 of 32858
Thread Starter 

Ok I am gonna try n describe how these lay onto your ears.

 

Imagine flipping these up and over the ear.. See how they have a natural angle? These can be worn straight down or with the cord up and over the top of the ears. Because of the natural angle of the earphones when worn over the ears.. The housing lays on top of the ears and do not stock out like you see in this picture.


It is a lot more ergonomic than what this picture presents when worn over the ears. And I suppose with the use of down pillows you can sleep in them as they will lay parallel to your ears vs sticking out. But like I said. Once you see how nice these are.. There is no way anyone is gonna attempt to sleep in these. That is just asking for an accident to happen..A light nap maybe.. But full on sleep?. Or better yet. Using one of these! solves the problem.

 


Edited by Dsnuts - 3/2/14 at 6:21pm
post #22701 of 32858
Better than the 1540??????? Say it ain't so!!!!!! Woe is me!!! OK, DS, what am I supposed to do??!!! If I could only remember how to use Tenso..... ($$450-$500 on Ebay, assuming will come out less, $350 on Amazon.jp before charges)....
Time to moonlight...smily_headphones1.gif
post #22702 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

 

 

Thanks for the detailed explanation DS! :beerchug:

post #22703 of 32858
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjazz View Post

Better than the 1540??????? Say it ain't so!!!!!! Woe is me!!! OK, DS, what am I supposed to do??!!! If I could only remember how to use Tenso..... ($$450-$500 on Ebay, assuming will come out less, $350 on Amazon.jp before charges)....
Time to moonlight...smily_headphones1.gif

Well I don't know if they are actually better..Both are very enjoyable and you know the SRH1540s are fantastic phones and believe me I didn't expect the sound from the FX850 to be this good. It is a sound that lingers and I can't deny them..I asked myself before I posted that if I would rather listen to my SRH1540 or my FX850.. It was my FX850.. I am lucky as I have both. I doubt I will get rid of either one but in the end..Yes I do prefer what I am hearing out of these JVCs. They have completely won me over.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnkcow View Post
 

 

Thanks for the detailed explanation DS! :beerchug:

 

That should be a new requirement for earphone description. Can or cannot be slept in. Never thought about that as a part of a review.. Will have to incorporate that for fellas like you that must sleep with iems.

 

I think I would end up destroying some precious iems if I slept in them as I would be dreaming that a jealous iem is choking me and I would end up yanking the phones out of my ears in fear that they would come alive somehow and choke me in my sleep. Nightmare scenario.


I don't blame guys for listening to their favorites to fall asleep to.. I suppose our parents embed that into our makeup when they play music for us to sleep to as a baby. Making little audiophiles in the process.


Edited by Dsnuts - 3/2/14 at 6:43pm
post #22704 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjazz View Post

Ooops, should know better, almost no females on Head-Fi, stupid assumption (and this has come up before as well, you posted about getting something for your sister, no?). My apologies (though, you'll be the best SIBLING ever!!!!!)

 

Haha it's cool, it was an honest mistake. I went ahead and got the Fostex for her so I guess I'm getting that best sibling award :D

post #22705 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

 

That should be a new requirement for earphone description. Can or cannot be slept in. Never thought about that as a part of a review.. Will have to incorporate that for fellas like you that must sleep with iems.

 

I think I would end up destroying some precious iems if I slept in them as I would be dreaming that a jealous iem is choking me and I would end up yanking the phones out of my ears in fear that they would come alive somehow and choke me in my sleep. Nightmare scenario.


I don't blame guys for listening to their favorites to fall asleep to.. I suppose our parents embed that into our makeup when they play music for us to sleep to as a baby. Making little audiophiles in the process.

 

Haha

As I travel alot the "can or cannot be slept in" kind of become one of the things I look out for in an IEM as I'm looking for an all-in-one package as I'm highly unlikely to bring a few of my IEMs along all the way. That same rule also applies to keeping a low profile out on the streets and not having them sticking out of my ears much, so "can or cannot sleep in" is kind of my lazy way to sum that all up

I've the CKS1000 and M200 and yeah they kinda left me with this ideal that I'm looking for

No doubt the FX850 is great, but not the one I'm looking for if I'm going to pay that much money for it

post #22706 of 32858

What a time....fx850...te-05.....doppios....just seen B&H is taking pre orders for fiio x5.  Good thing my asg2 sold.  Down to my mikros for daily use and philips x1, mainly for gaming with mixamp/ps4.  Prolly get doppio and x5 next, then look at classifieds for fostex eventually.  Then the 850s to ultimately replace my asg2.

post #22707 of 32858
OK, time for battle of the titans...Sony XBA-H3 or JVC FX850, huh? Huh??? Put up your dukes, you guys,get in your corners, may the best iem win!!!!!

I'm a big sleep in the iem person, but I seem to have figured out ways to sleep in almost anything...ATH 1K??? No Problem! TF10? No problem??? Bigger problem with these big, odd shaped iems is seal for me...
post #22708 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjazz View Post

I'm a big sleep in the iem person, but I seem to have figured out ways to sleep in almost anything...ATH 1K??? No Problem! TF10? No problem??? Bigger problem with these big, odd shaped iems is seal for me...

 

Care to share how you do that please? :p

post #22709 of 32858
Thread Starter 

You know the one earphone I was thinking that sounds great that is low profile and sounds great out and about is the RHA MA750. You should look into them.. They don't cost much considering their excellent all round performance plus industrial type solid build. Definitely sleepable. as well.

post #22710 of 32858
The dunu dnk is sleepable iem for me with the smallest grey tips😎
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153