or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 1472

post #22066 of 32862

Hmm could I get some recommendations on earphones at the ~$100 mark? Currently have ckn70s but feel like a change and have also had enough of the asymmetrical cord. So basically whats the hype about at the moment?

I listen to mainly  mainstream, dance, R&B, pop and alternative rock

post #22067 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by quartertone View Post
 

Just got my Sony EX650 and listening - very solid bass, quite big but tight and controlled, and I expect it will get a bit more so with further hours. One factor in my purchase was also the ergonomic aspect, and it absolutely lives up to my hopes in that department: light, comfortable and forgettable once in. Similar to the RE400, but without the slight tendency towards vacuum thanks to the angled nozzles. Came to about $100 with the customs added.


how's the cable?

post #22068 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihontoman View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by quartertone View Post
 

Just got my Sony EX650 and listening - very solid bass, quite big but tight and controlled, and I expect it will get a bit more so with further hours. One factor in my purchase was also the ergonomic aspect, and it absolutely lives up to my hopes in that department: light, comfortable and forgettable once in. Similar to the RE400, but without the slight tendency towards vacuum thanks to the angled nozzles. Came to about $100 with the customs added.


how's the cable?

 

Very nice - light and smooth, but doesn't seem to tangle or stick to itself. 

post #22069 of 32862
Dsnuts, the FX700 had the best natural timbre of any earphone I've ever heard. I would still on it if for one thing: the mids were too recessed for me. If they've fixed the recessed mids, it will be one heck of an earphone as the FX850. The FX700 had slamming clear bass (basshead levels) and highs that started off too sharp, but tapered down with burn in and the right tips (I used the monster hybrids). I hope you get it before me and report on those mids.
post #22070 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by quartertone View Post
 

 

Very nice - light and smooth, but doesn't seem to tangle or stick to itself. 


another question: can it be worn over ear? 

post #22071 of 32862

Sure, no problem.

post #22072 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by kl500 View Post
 


i would go for Audio Technica IM50 for $60. But dont except big upgrade to CKN70, because they are one of the gratest iems under $100. Im50 has better treble and are natural sounding unlike CKN70 harsh treble and coloured sound.

 

Hmm what if i were to go to around $200? Come to think of it, i may as well invest in a bigger upgrade considering the ckn's are already awesome rather than spend the same amount on a negligible upgrade...but thanks for your advice :)

post #22073 of 32862

 

Anyone tried this Toshiba In-ear Headphones RZE-S70

http://tlet.co.jp/pr/rze_s70.htm

Dual Driver + Dual separate chamber
Driver Unit – φ5.8mm+φ13.6mm
Sensitivity 100dB / Impedance 16 ohm

post #22074 of 32862

Love the IM70 over the CKN70, but the CKN70 is a very good earphone to me. I just hate that cable it's connected to.

post #22075 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuZo2 View Post
 

 

Anyone tried this Toshiba In-ear Headphones RZE-S70

 

http://tlet.co.jp/pr/rze_s70.htm

Dual Driver + Dual separate chamber
Driver Unit – φ5.8mm+φ13.6mm
Sensitivity 100dB / Impedance 16 ohm

 

 

On Amazon.jpn it gets good reviews for sound, but seems to be some questions about the build as best as I can translate via google. Also, one of the reviewers expressed disappointed about the OEM of this product, but I couldn't figure out why.

post #22076 of 32862

 I'm totally enamored with the sound of the Heaven V!! It's full, lush, natural and rich sounding to my ears. And horns on jazz albums just take transport me to another realm. And I find it very detailed. On top of all all of that, I don't think I've ever heard a single BA with this much bass! And I once thought the Ortofon e-q7 had bass. Ha!

 

DannyBai, my friend, what have you done to me!!!? lol

 

 

P.S. The Mikros is here. I need to go to thee mail room and pick it up.

post #22077 of 32862
Yeah man, Heavens are something else. BA taken to another level. Happy that you like them.
post #22078 of 32862
Fx850 is $485.99 on eBay from ace_of_bicycle2004 with his ultra fast shipping😊
post #22079 of 32862
Very very tempted 😵
post #22080 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post

Yeah man, Heavens are something else. BA taken to another level. Happy that you like them.

 

:beerchug:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153