- 7,185 Posts. Joined 11/2009
- Location: Chicago, IL USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productJVC HA-FX101tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productJVC HA-FX40-B Earphone - KV6902tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productPhilips SHE3580/28 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productPhilips SHE9700tagged by System, 1/7/12
- productPioneer DJE-1500-K Professional DJ In-Ear Headphonestagged by joe, 8/6/14
- productSony MH1 Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productThermaltake, In-ear Headsettagged by System, 12/31/11
- productVSONIC VC1000tagged by YOT, 6/26/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sturdy budget earphones, best bang for the buck? (Mostly for text) Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. Last post on 11/18/16 at 2:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Does it make sense to buy IEM's that match the DAC? Last post on 7/21/13 at 4:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- GR02 vs GR99 vs GR04 vs MH1C Last post on 11/4/12 at 3:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Introduction With thanks to my esteemed colleague and front page superstar @glassmonkey for fronting this review spectacular. 3 cheers also go out to Iain and the rest of the RHA team for...
Thanks go to earphonia.com who were pleased to let me give the excellently valued Co-Donguri earphone a spin. Pairings Equipment Hidizs AP60 Chord Mojo Dac Intro My second IEM...
Kaiser Encore: Early impressions Please note: This review is posted only so I could share my (very) early impressions, as I know many are eager to hear about the latest Noble (co-) flagship....
Note: I have previously reviewed the K10 from Noble, where I covered much of Noble’s history and order process. For this reason, I will use some of the portions of that review that pertain to Noble...
Founded in 2014 in Guangzhou, China, Shinrico is a company focused on digital electronic products in the field of high-tech enterprises. Recently I reviewed their excellent D3S Digital...
The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 1461
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I haven't heard the A900X. Lately my go-to open cans for trance/EDM are the X1's. I haven't listened to trance/EDM lately with the AD900X's, so just threw them on and "Lost myself to dance" courtesy of Daft Punk. If you are all but a bass-head, I would have to say that the AD900X's have enough bass - in fact a surprising amount imo. They do benefit from good amp synergy. I find with the E12 amp and it's nice sub-bass-boost, the AD900X's bass is tightened up, as is the over all imaging and control. Listening to Daft Punk and trance with them is very satisfying. Because I am a quasi-basshead though, I do gravitate to the X1's for trance/EDM due to the X1's massive bass (for an open can), more recessed mids, and treble which is a bit more forgiving - the more V shaped sig works well with trance/EDM, and gives them more depth. But, the AD900X's really are quite excellent, and really excell when vocals are at play (that's where their more forwards mids shine).
Do take into account that they are bulky as hell and the wing headband system is goofy lookin' and is kinda loose so there might be some potential fit/ comfort issues. For me they are pretty good in the ergonomics department, but the cable is thick and kinda rubbery which is made worst cuz it is not detachable. Not really a deal breaker though since many full size cans are like this.......
I haven't tried it yet, but apparently you can use a rubber band to pull the wings closer together, and that supposedly makes them fit tighter. But that doesn't help with the looks! Doesn't really matter though, as these aren't ever going to be seen out in public. +1 on the cable... drives me a bit nuts. Now that I'm not a noob, I won't again buy a headphone that has a long cable unless it is detachable.
Anyway, I really love the AD900X's for watching movies (moreso than the X1's).
Have the A-900X, haven't heard A-D or listened to them for a while, but I recall them having strong bass, should be really good for edm...the wings are crazy making, and I did do the rubber band thing to get them to fit, worked, but not going to be much of a look for public wear.
W40 sounds a bit different than the W4.
Same dampers (red, 2200ohm - erji guy was wrong). Same nozzle length. Nozzle opening size is different.
I'm very upset.
To elucidate, the body and angle are different. Even with the gray Star Tips I get a deeper fit than with the blue (more narrow, longer) Star Tips. Makes for a more forward sound.
Edited by doctorjazz - 2/14/14 at 9:38pm
All is fine. The best reconciliation comes from the fact that it's more than likely that the Master Troll will never get to try either one in his lifetime. That's good enough for me.
Yup, if you do A-B analysis on Heaven V and higher end iem (like I did with Westone 4 and 40), definitely more detail and other high end niceties on the Westones. But, if you just put the V's in and listen for pleasure, they are really seductive, great vocals/mids, and a way of pulling you in that is as nice in it's way as details can be.
The V's sound good. I don't think that microscopic micro details are of utmost importance to me. What you said above resonates though! V's all the way baby!
I think I'll just sell off those silly micro detailed mikros before they even get to me...
Methinks you underestimate the powers of the master troll. He hears whatever he sets his mind on hearing lol.
Yep, that's why you can't trust anything he says. 90% of the time it's just coming from voices in his head.
The other 10%, I dunno, a lot of grunting I guess. He's a weird fellow.
Very true. Very very weird. Mutant-like almost.
Trying to measure the frequency response of the brown note I guess
Maybe he finally found them through the Martin Logans.
We should dump him into some radioactive waste to see if he reverts back to normality. Actually, even if he doesn't, we should do it anyways. Get rid of him once and for all. Win-win either way.
- The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Astell&Kern AK380 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 3 minutes ago
- › S.M.S.L M3 Mini DAC 6 minutes ago
- › MJOLNIR 2 + MOJO vs ASGARD 2 + BIMBY vs Fireflies 6 minutes ago
- › [Review] Superlux HD668b, They Cost How Much? (Foam Mod+More for... 9 minutes ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 9 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 11 minutes ago
- › Little Dot 300B 12 minutes ago
- › RHA CL750 by Takeanidea
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by Takeanidea
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Sorensiim
- › Noble Audio Katana by cvbcbcmv
- › Shinrico E11 Portable Headphone Amplifier by crabdog
- › FiiO A5 Portable Headphone Amplifier by Brooko
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by HiFiChris
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Joeng Zeon
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear