or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 1455

post #21811 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post
 

 From memory, the FI-BA-SS was warmer and fuller in sound than the V, but there's an echo of the FI-BA-SS - to my ears - in the V, although they don't sound anything alike. 

 

Memory has failed you, friend :tongue:

 

The V is a good deal thicker and warmer than the SS, which is why I was so heartbroken when I got to audition the V. 

post #21812 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by jant71 View Post
 


Aren't those essentially the same as the M-Duo which at half price is a little cheaper? I think the M-Duo is still half price somewhere :)

They don't look the same. How big are the drivers in the M-Duo?

post #21813 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by jant71 View Post


No specific date up the site outside of the usual time frame they put up. I did sign up for email notification when they come in. They might tell you if you email them though. Can't hurt to ask.
Good idea, I just e-mailed them. smily_headphones1.gif
post #21814 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by jant71 View Post
 


Aren't those essentially the same as the M-Duo which at half price is a little cheaper? I think the M-Duo is still half price somewhere :)


http://tech.woot.com/

 

For today only. $40 M-Duo plus $5 shipping and tax to most states.

post #21815 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post
 

 

Memory has failed you, friend :tongue:

 

The V is a good deal thicker and warmer than the SS, which is why I was so heartbroken when I got to audition the V. 

 

 

Well eke2k6, here is one time where I won't debate you. It's possible you're correct because it's been way over a year since I've heard the FI-BA-SS. The only think that concerns me is if the SS wasn't a somewhat warm and thick sound I probably wouldn't have liked it much. I don't have memories of not liking the SS (had the EX1000 at the exact same time and clearly remember not digging it at all, especially those piercing highs). Regardless, doesn't matter. I really like the V. And I clearly stated it "echo" the SS base on my memory, but THE TWO SOUND ANYTHING ALIKE! So interesting that my memory fails me yet it doesn't fail me in stating that the two don't sound alike. Go figure? 

Also, you're not taking into account what tips I might have had on the SS (which I can't remember but I know it wasn't the stock tips). Tips can change perception of sound quite a bit as we both know. For example, DannyBai and I both recently got the TE-05. He used the stock tips and stated that the bass was light but showed blemishes that it's there in the TE-05. I didn't try the stock tips at all, but immediately put on the UE900 tips (my favorite tip for just about all of my universals right now). The TE-05 didn't sound anywhere near bass-light to my ears with those tips on, right out of the box. Of course, it's not basshead level bass, but it's very prominent and full bass to my ears. Does that mean DannyBai heard wrong? Of course not. 

Yet, my friend, you seem to always want to challenge me lately on how I'm hearing earphones. And again, I can't really say you're wrong because I do admit it's been a long while since I've heard the SS. Yet, that's still my recollection. lol ... No fight here, just wanted to point out why I MIGHT be hearing things totally off from the way you think I ought to have heard it (or remembered hearing it). :beerchug:

post #21816 of 32858
Got the akg k323's today. First impressions is that they're very very small, extremely comfortable, great isolation and so far I like what I'm hearing as well. I can easily see myself using these for workout and while travelling. Now burn in.
Edited by peter123 - 2/13/14 at 2:22pm
post #21817 of 32858
beerchug.gif
post #21818 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post
 

 

 

 

Not sure why you think I'm challenging you.

 

The SS has simply the best bass response I've heard from a single BA phone. It literally shocked me to hear a single BA phone that could hang with the GR07 in sub-bass extension and impact.

 

I'm just saying the V is definitely thicker and warmer than the SS, as everyone who has heard both will attest. I was excited for the V because I thought it would have a similar sound to the SS because of their balanced air movement stuff. But unlike the SS, the V doesn't seem to be vented the same way.

post #21819 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post
 

 

 

Well eke2k6, here is one time where I won't debate you. It's possible you're correct because it's been way over a year since I've heard the FI-BA-SS. The only think that concerns me is if the SS wasn't a somewhat warm and thick sound I probably wouldn't have liked it much. I don't have memories of not liking the SS (had the EX1000 at the exact same time and clearly remember not digging it at all, especially those piercing highs). Regardless, doesn't matter. I really like the V. And I clearly stated it "echo" the SS base on my memory, but THE TWO SOUND ANYTHING ALIKE! So interesting that my memory fails me yet it doesn't fail me in stating that the two don't sound alike. Go figure? 

Also, you're not taking into account what tips I might have had on the SS (which I can't remember but I know it wasn't the stock tips). Tips can change perception of sound quite a bit as we both know. For example, DannyBai and I both recently got the TE-05. He used the stock tips and stated that the bass was light but showed blemishes that it's there in the TE-05. I didn't try the stock tips at all, but immediately put on the UE900 tips (my favorite tip for just about all of my universals right now). The TE-05 didn't sound anywhere near bass-light to my ears with those tips on, right out of the box. Of course, it's not basshead level bass, but it's very prominent and full bass to my ears. Does that mean DannyBai heard wrong? Of course not. 

Yet, my friend, you seem to always want to challenge me lately on how I'm hearing earphones. And again, I can't really say you're wrong because I do admit it's been a long while since I've heard the SS. Yet, that's still my recollection. lol ... No fight here, just wanted to point out why I MIGHT be hearing things totally off from the way you think I ought to have heard it (or remembered hearing it). :beerchug:

which 900 tips are your favorite the silicon or the foam comply?

post #21820 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbluenewmexico View Post
 

which 900 tips are your favorite the silicon or the foam comply?

 

 

silicon

post #21821 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhazard View Post
 

They don't look the same. How big are the drivers in the M-Duo?


Missed this one. Yep, they do differ, the Mee is 9mm/5mm and not 8mm/5mm


Edited by jant71 - 2/13/14 at 1:50pm
post #21822 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post
 

 

Not sure why you think I'm challenging you.

 

The SS has simply the best bass response I've heard from a single BA phone. It literally shocked me to hear a single BA phone that could hang with the GR07 in sub-bass extension and impact.

 

I'm just saying the V is definitely thicker and warmer than the SS, as everyone who has heard both will attest. I was excited for the V because I thought it would have a similar sound to the SS because of their balanced air movement stuff. But unlike the SS, the V doesn't seem to be vented the same way.

 

I think we're both misunderstanding each other bro, but it's all good. Appreciate your insight. :beerchug:

post #21823 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by jant71 View Post
 

 

2/20/14 ETA on the JVC's. 7 more days :happy_face1:

 

 

:beerchug:

post #21824 of 32858
Eric, looked at Amazon and eBay for the 900 tips, they have the headphones, but I didn't see any replacement tips. Would you mind telling me where you get them?
Thanks
post #21825 of 32858
Got the Go-Dap ipod/iphone charger/amp today, tried it out, sounded AWFUL!!! Is only partly charged, plugged it in now, maybe needs break-in? Maybe just sounds like crap, will see after charge (cheap enough that it was worth experimenting with)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153