or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 1385

post #20761 of 32875

We'll see how you'll hold up after some impressions and reviews! ....is what I would have said.

 

Welp, you're safe. I hope the same is said for others. :evil: 


Enjoy those FADs man, I'm sure others will be jealous enough to buy them right this week, since the deal may not last very long....*wink wink to viewers of this thread*


Edited by vlenbo - 1/29/14 at 10:34pm
post #20762 of 32875

Before this thread rests(or if it doesn't), I wanted to embed a song that we can all relate to.

 

 

Pretty great song imo.

 

Better than one day of the whole week, right Rebbeca?


Edited by vlenbo - 1/29/14 at 11:18pm
post #20763 of 32875
Quote:
Originally Posted by amigomatt View Post

Sorry to be off topic, but just wanted to post this for you before I forgot! Another great album of relatively unheard of artists around New York in the early 70s. I love the sounds in this album. True authentic!

61YCLA9RJUL._SL500_.jpg

51X6tjjhfCL.jpg

Bringing back on topic, I imagine this album would come alive through the Pistons! wink.gif

Thanks amigomatt ...excellent music ...cool and frickin funky ...good music to wind down after a long day.

Cheers.
post #20764 of 32875
Listened to the AX35 today. Go get them.
Finally received my Pistons along with the Fiio E12 DIY and MA750.
post #20765 of 32875
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

Well, Negakinu got me listening to the Pistons and MHC1. And guess what? He is right...well somewhat. The Sont is richer and more refined, especially in the mids. Vocals are stunning, and I had forgotten about that in the MHC1. I had initially said the Pistons sounded better, but I had the wrong tips on the Sony and I took a quick listen. But I have UE900 tips on both now and the Sony clearly wins. Pistons aren't miles behind though,and the Pistons have more bass, treble, and a wider soundstage. The MHC1 seems to be a mid focused iem with good bass and decent highs. Highs may not be enough for some but are perfect for me. I will try to get to the On1 a little later vlenbo.

 

Thanks for confirming ericp! I'm still very happy with my MH1's and very positive that it's still hard to beat at $15 price tag. I'm not even a fan of EQing but a simple mid bass reduction on the MH1 makes it sound really high class. I even have a hard time choosing between the MH1 with EQ vs KEF M200 for casual listening.

post #20766 of 32875
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post
 


Meh i don't need them, just saying they seem to be falling short of the hype is all. :ph34r:

 

Anywho does anyone know if applying a thin layer of foam/ filter over the nozzle of an iem will tame treble peaks/ sibilance a bit??? Cuz with the auvio tips and the silver rings these DN1Ks bests the M200s for me, clarity wise was the most obvious, but the treble can be slightly peaky/ bright on higher volumes. Nothing on the level of the CKN70s nor the JVC FX40s but still, just want some tips to tame them a bit, no pun intended. :tongue_smile:

 

When i used foam driver covers for headphones it tends to bring the treble even more forward with more brightness in my pass/ limited modding experience so... not sure if it's the case with iems.

 

I do have a layer of foam cut from earbud foam covers on my DN1000. My main reason is to keep dirt and earwax off the nozzle but aside from that, it does help smoothen the treble peaks a bit.

post #20767 of 32875
@DannyBai

Nice Heaven V impressions and comparisons!

I always have trouble when people ask if they are better than something else. It's always like, ummm it depends haha. But just listening to them this morning, soooo happy.

For anyone on the fence and wants other than sound info, cables are microphonic but very supple so wearing them down and just loosely looping them over your ear is reaaaally easy and works a charm, because they are flat and are angled perfectly for doing so. There's a picture in the FAD thread... Somewhere.
post #20768 of 32875
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

Well, Negakinu got me listening to the Pistons and MHC1. And guess what? He is right...well somewhat. The Sont is richer and more refined, especially in the mids. Vocals are stunning, and I had forgotten about that in the MHC1. I had initially said the Pistons sounded better, but I had the wrong tips on the Sony and I took a quick listen. But I have UE900 tips on both now and the Sony clearly wins. Pistons aren't miles behind though,and the Pistons have more bass, treble, and a wider soundstage. The MHC1 seems to be a mid focused iem with good bass and decent highs. Highs may not be enough for some but are perfect for me. I will try to get to the On1 a little later vlenbo.

 

Yup, exactely. The Pistons are still a good value though and have some things going for them over the MHC1, namely the packaging, cable and, for me personally, the fit. The MHC1 wins on sound alone. 

post #20769 of 32875
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhazard View Post
 

They may have said they provided the professional version B3, but they didn't. Was it from Geek Fast? They only have the non pro version.

 

You have the enhanced one which I also just got, and it is very much a disappointment.

 

This sucks! I specifically ordered the Professional from UgoMark. It even said "professional" in the product description. http://www.ugomark.com/taobao/view/id/36050814188

post #20770 of 32875
doublepost for some reason, woops
post #20771 of 32875

Ah, they mean professional hi-fi gear etc. The word comes later, not in the actual product name.

post #20772 of 32875
Quote:
Originally Posted by quartertone View Post
 

Ah, they mean professional hi-fi gear etc. The word comes later, not in the actual product name.

 

Those Chinese dudes are terribly confusing! ;) Still, now I'm stuck with a $50 piece of plastic that doesn't sound at all like advertised in this thread. I curse you, Head-fi! ;)

post #20773 of 32875

The ones showing the box and the ones with the two earpieces and a picture of the ear in the centre are all not the pro version. 

post #20774 of 32875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negakinu View Post
 

 

This sucks! I specifically ordered the Professional from UgoMark. It even said "professional" in the product description. http://www.ugomark.com/taobao/view/id/36050814188

ugomark just buys it from Taobao to send to you. They have no idea what they are ordering. Mistertao fortunately listened to my comment section where I said to purchase the pro specifically, although it may not be offered anymore.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negakinu View Post
 

 

Those Chinese dudes are terribly confusing! ;) Still, now I'm stuck with a $50 piece of plastic that doesn't sound at all like advertised in this thread. I curse you, Head-fi! ;)

Yep, they been through 3 tunings already, with no way to tell on the box. Not a fan of how they did that. At least VSonic changes the model name, like VSD1, VSD1S, and VSD1LE.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowculator View Post
 

The ones showing the box and the ones with the two earpieces and a picture of the ear in the centre are all not the pro version. 

I don't think they are even selling them at all since the beginning of Jan when they changed the description page, so buyer beware. Since we don't speak Chinese, we can't communicate with them through the Taobao store to confirm.

post #20775 of 32875
Quote:
Originally Posted by gikigill View Post

Listened to the AX35 today. Go get them.
Finally received my Pistons along with the Fiio E12 DIY and MA750.

What do you think of the AX35 and Piston? I'm liking the AX35 so far. Very clear, slightly bright.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153