or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 1383

post #20731 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson73 View Post
 

Nice description!  After hearing the Tenore, I don't like any IEMs where the female vocal isn't smooth and seductive :D

 

Someone should start the Zero Audio Carbo Singulo and Carbo Doppio thread so that more people can know about this small company that is producing amazing earphones.

I'm going to start that thread when i am ready to post my comparative review of all the Zero Audio phones (well at least five of them that are available).

probably in about a week or so. glad you are having the same idea of a Zero Audio Thread. thanks to DSnuts actually for the original idea.

post #20732 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

The FAD Heaven V (non ageing version) is on sale for $200 on amazon.jpn right now (that doesn't include about $20 shipping from tenso). If it is still at that price on Friday I might get it.

Lucky, I can't wait to get it.

Also, that deal has been there a while, it should stick for another two days

Buying mine sometime this week as well, nvm, probably not.
Edited by vlenbo - 1/29/14 at 1:53pm
post #20733 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post
 

The FAD Heaven V (non ageing version) is on sale for $200 on amazon.jpn right now (that doesn't include about $20 shipping from tenso). If it is still at that price on Friday I might get it.

I added the aging to my cart but couldnt get myself to do it. I havent researched enough into these to commit. 

post #20734 of 32862
Have all my vsonics except the gr99,have :em5813,mikros90,vektr,gratitude,xba4ip,dnk,s2,x1,basso,doppios(soon),pistons(soon)....and some more maybe all together about 20 headphones in total 😎
post #20735 of 32862
From my80+ collection😵
post #20736 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbluenewmexico View Post
 

I'm going to start that thread when i am ready to post my comparative review of all the Zero Audio phones (well at least five of them that are available).

probably in about a week or so. glad you are having the same idea of a Zero Audio Thread. thanks to DSnuts actually for the original idea.

Great idea. I really want a dual BA Zero Audio IEM that has Basso levels of bass but refined elsewhere :(

post #20737 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastapipo View Post
 

Yesterday and today I received my Xiaomi Piston orders. 

The one from Ibuygou are the originals.

The one from Ebay appears to be fake!

 

Here a short comparison of the real one, and the fake ones.

 

The box in which it came:

 

 

Left side = Original

Right side = Fake

 

 

The fake ones came with a cheap paper manual.

 

Next the rear of the box:

 

Again, Left = Original / Right = Fake
Notice the different specifications, the different colour and the skew way the sticker is applied on the fake one.

 

 


The original xiaomi piston has a more refined pattern and a much finer groove, the fake ones have a messier finish.

This difference is visible over the entire product, the original is made with an higher sense of quality.

 

 

Last one: The nozzle. The Original has a far wider nozzle.

 

Sound wise: The fake ones sound veiled with a all ruling, bloated bass.

The original sound much brighter out of the box, with a nice balance.

 

The ones I got from inshoes look like the real ones (left pictures), but they sound terrible.  Maybe they aren't fake, but they are defective?

post #20738 of 32862

These Auvio tips are a great alternative to the Sony Hybrids. Much thanks SF

post #20739 of 32862
Well, Negakinu got me listening to the Pistons and MHC1. And guess what? He is right...well somewhat. The Sont is richer and more refined, especially in the mids. Vocals are stunning, and I had forgotten about that in the MHC1. I had initially said the Pistons sounded better, but I had the wrong tips on the Sony and I took a quick listen. But I have UE900 tips on both now and the Sony clearly wins. Pistons aren't miles behind though,and the Pistons have more bass, treble, and a wider soundstage. The MHC1 seems to be a mid focused iem with good bass and decent highs. Highs may not be enough for some but are perfect for me. I will try to get to the On1 a little later vlenbo.
post #20740 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post
 

The FAD Heaven V (non ageing version) is on sale for $200 on amazon.jpn right now (that doesn't include about $20 shipping from tenso). If it is still at that price on Friday I might get it.

I think there won't be a happy ending here:

 

If it doesn't sound good enough - you are disappointed.

If it sounds great - pretty soon you'll start thinking "I wonder why Heaven VI costs twice as much...."

post #20741 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

Well, Negakinu got me listening to the Pistons and MHC1. And guess what? He is right...well somewhat. The Sont is richer and more refined, especially in the mids. Vocals are stunning, and I had forgotten about that in the MHC1. I had initially said the Pistons sounded better, but I had the wrong tips on the Sony and I took a quick listen. But I have UE900 tips on both now and the Sony clearly wins. Pistons aren't miles behind though,and the Pistons have more bass, treble, and a wider soundstage. The MHC1 seems to be a mid focused iem with good bass and decent highs. Highs may not be enough for some but are perfect for me. I will try to get to the On1 a little later vlenbo.

Great comparisons, looks like mhc1 still has its place in headfi!

 

:beerchug: 

post #20742 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenF View Post

I think there won't be a happy ending here:

If it doesn't sound good enough - you are disappointed.
If it sounds great - pretty soon you'll start thinking "I wonder why Heaven VI costs twice as much...."



Well, DannyBai and I hear many iems the same way, so I trust his assessment. Although I am curious about how he think the V compare to the M200.
post #20743 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

Well, DannyBai and I hear many iems the same way, so I trust his assessment. Although I am curious about how he think the V compare to the M200.

 

Call me Curious George as well! :)

post #20744 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhazard View Post
 

These Auvio tips are a great alternative to the Sony Hybrids. Much thanks SF


^ Would love to take all the credit, but those auvio tips has been around for a long minute and was "discovered" during the days of the JVC CNT threads. Welp it hasn't been THAT long, but seems so in the head-fi world of FOTMs. haha

 

Anywho these audio tips are like the wide bore versions of the Sony Hybrids so they are indeed a great alternative and it's no doubt great to have around.

 

Hmmm interesting updated impressions of those Piston vs. the MH1Cs. Kinda disappointing to say the least. :popcorn:

post #20745 of 32862
Stop being disappointed, sf. The Piston is still a damn good earphone for the price.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153