or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 1365

post #20461 of 32910
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlenbo View Post
 

Nice impressions from earlier, I don't want them anyways, but before your impressions, I DID want to get them, now thanks to you, I'll be safe with dsnuts' hype on those doppios. Or, more importantly, the heaven V. 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Oh, btw... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I have bigger ears, ;)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Since the kefs went through my skull after inserting them in my ears. Top that brack man!

 

TroLoLoLoLoLoLoLoLO!!! on the latter. : P

 

These DN1000s are sweet meng, i am just putting them into proper perspective is alls.

 

My initial impressions are ALWAYS the most critical, cuz i am listening to them for the 1st tyme and is looking for all the nuances as well as possible flaws so..... more of a gut instinct.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post
 

The "black matte" looks more like a render not an actual photograph.

 

But of course, your tastes are dreck as per usual. The 'cherry red' shells glistens in the most wonderfully incandescent manner. Truly something to pass down to your children and your grandchildren.

(Hopefully you won't be breeding that far down the line)

i dunno, the glossy black just looks lame/ cheap. Cuz even the VSD1 looks better tbh. But will see.... :popcorn:

 

Meng you now my troll senses are ALWAYS on point, unlike your hipster self. I am sure those "cheery red" shells will go lovely with those "plugs" of yours. hoho Don't worry about me meng, i is beastial with it cuz that's the nature of my kind, just worry about those hipster skinny jeans of yours and whats gud for your future gen son, don't say i didn't warn ya'. ;)

 

Here i drew a pic for ya' just in case what i said went over your head....

... dat troll doodle skittles boi!!! :cool: 


Edited by sfwalcer - 1/26/14 at 2:12am
post #20462 of 32910
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post
 

I'm pretty sure Vsonic's CEO said that the VSD5 will have black matte finish.

I'm not doubting that - I'm saying that the photo in question looks like a render.

post #20463 of 32910
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post
 

TroLoLoLoLoLoLoLoLO!!! on the latter. : P

 

These DN1000s are sweet meng, i am just putting them into proper perspective is alls.

 

My initial impressions are ALWAYS the most critical, cuz i am listening to them for the 1st tyme and is looking for all the nuances as well as possible flaws so..... more of a gut instinct.

 

i dunno, the glossy black just looks lame/ cheap. Cuz even the VSD1 looks better tbh. But will see.... :popcorn:

 

Meng you my troll senses are ALWAYS on point, unlike your hipster self. I am sure those "cheery red" shells will go lovely with those "plugs" of yours. hoho Don't worry about me meng, i is beastial with it cuz that's the nature of my kind, just worry about those hipster skinny jeans of yours and whats gud for your future gen son, don't say i didn't warn ya'. ;)

 

Here i drew pic fo ya' just in case what i said went over your head....

... dat troll doodle skittles boi!!! :cool:

I did the same with the re-700s. They definitely improved with burn-in though. Females are eargasmic....

 

Males are pretty awesome too, better here than on the es700s. I hear a good amount of grain on the mids and highs on the es700's, making it sound a bit unnatural. Once you get those martins, you might hear the same thing as I am in the re700's sound department.

 

And that troll pic, can't get enough of it now, lol.

 

I forgot to mention (for some reason)

 

the mids are great, but the upper mids might have some silibance. The treble alone is fine, the mids and lower mids are fine, but sometimes, the upper mids are silibant as the CH, F, and T sometimes hurt my ears that it isn't a joke...

 

It doesn't happen with every ch, f, or t either, just rarely...

 

I wonder if it is my pair, or something else..


Edited by vlenbo - 1/26/14 at 2:20am
post #20464 of 32910
All right, what's so special about the CK100Pro?
post #20465 of 32910
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjazz View Post

All right, what's so special about the CK100Pro?
you serious?
post #20466 of 32910
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjazz View Post

All right, what's so special about the CK100Pro?

Ck100pro is one of the best IEms under $600 - better than W4R, UE900, SE535 and probably even better than XBA-H3 and EX1000 . it has perfect build quality and are comfortable. They have amazing detail level, i can hear microdetails that i dont hear on CKS1000, TF10, XBA-4. Lows are super fast and mid bass is realy punchy. Mids are flat and very detailed. Highs are simply epic - so extended and detailed, but never harsh. And they are enjoyable in poor recorded tracks too( for example Prodigy).

Only downside is that they lack sub bass on certain hip hop songs, but thats all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhHnCUB7Iuk

http://www.head-fi.org/t/585007/review-ck100pro-unboxing-impressions-a-retrospective-journey-with-audio-technica-and-versus-ck100

http://www.head-fi.org/t/687962/asg-2-ck100pro-ue900-and-fa-4e-xb-reviews-the-dysfunctional-family

post #20467 of 32910
Thread Starter 

Ya but from all indications the IM03 and IM04 especially are upgrades to the CK100Pros.. The real reason why they are discontinued.  I read some translated reviews from amazon Japan and previous owners of the CK100pro all say both are upgrades. The IM03 can be bought for about the same price as the sale price of the CK100pro... With AT.. New is almost always better.. Among other impressions the highs are not as peaky and is more refined on both..

post #20468 of 32910
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post
 

Ya but from all indications the IM03 and IM04 especially are upgrades to the CK100Pros.. The real reason why they are discontinued.  I read some translated reviews from amazon Japan and previous owners of the CK100pro all say both are upgrades. The IM03 can be bought for about the same price as the sale price of the CK100pro... With AT.. New is almost always better.. Among other impressions the highs are not as peaky and is more refined on both..

Yeah, but CK100Pro at $290 is cheaper than IM03 and have better cable and titanium housing.

post #20469 of 32910
Thread Starter 

They do look real nice..I have to give em that. I am very much considering the IM04 or the new Nuforce Primo 8 as an upgrade to my in ears..I keep on saying I will chill with the purchases but new stuff just keeps on rolling into the threads..

 

So if bought on Amazon Japan the IM03 is $305 with tenso forwarding around $325ish..


Edited by Dsnuts - 1/26/14 at 7:53am
post #20470 of 32910
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post
 

They do look real nice..I have to give em that. I am very much considering the IM04 or the new Nuforce Primo 8 as an upgrade to my in ears..I keep on saying I will chill with the purchases but new stuff just keeps on rolling into the threads..

 

So if bought on Amazon Japan the IM03 is $305 with tenso forwarding around $325ish..

after some time(6-10 months), i believe, that price of IM03 will drop to $200-250 and IM04 to $300-350 shipped with tenso.

post #20471 of 32910
OK, saw the mention of the new AT's, but, to be honest, just didn't/couldn't go through the dedicated thread on them again ("OH NO, ANOTHER LATEST AND GREATEST HEADPHONE...I already spend much too much time on the threads here. Do have fun here, mind you, but it can easily start to cut into the rest of one's life). A quick scan of a bit of it, seems the new ones are considered better sounding than the Pros, though, at least American pricing of the new ones is significantly higher than the "sale" price on eBay of the Pro, likely better on Amazon.jp, didn't check. Curious what people think, of course. Already in the middle of receiving/auditioning too much new stuff, HEAVEN on the way, what could be better than that? New Shure as noted, new OM, etc, etc, gotta let things settle a bit...
post #20472 of 32910
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibizai9100 View Post
 

Yeah, but CK100Pro at $290 is cheaper than IM03 and have better cable and titanium housing.


They don't sound as good as the newer ones and people have complained about the older models size and weight being an issue. Also that they are annoying in cold weather with those metal housings. I give props to AT for trying something supposedly "more" but they weren't thought out for real world use and now they are designing more like the "norm". CK100 was an excellent design(my favorite) but they weren't going to make anymore armature phones without a detachable cable. 

post #20473 of 32910
And I would say that it is king of triple BA IEM AT ever designed and produced.........
post #20474 of 32910
Quote:
Originally Posted by jant71 View Post
 


They don't sound as good as the newer ones and people have complained about the older models size and weight being an issue. Also that they are annoying in cold weather with those metal housings. I give props to AT for trying something supposedly "more" but they weren't thought out for real world use and now they are designing more like the "norm". CK100 was an excellent design(my favorite) but they weren't going to make anymore armature phones without a detachable cable. 

Actually Ck100Pro have half titan half plastic design. Where i live now is -19 Celsius or 2 Fahrenheit and i dont have problem with it.

Biggest problem of new IM series fit is that annoying memory cable. Im03 use same drivers as CK100pro, but is different tuned, so it sounds bit better - according to 2 users which have heard both.

post #20475 of 32910
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post
 

Ya but from all indications the IM03 and IM04 especially are upgrades to the CK100Pros.. The real reason why they are discontinued.  I read some translated reviews from amazon Japan and previous owners of the CK100pro all say both are upgrades. The IM03 can be bought for about the same price as the sale price of the CK100pro... With AT.. New is almost always better.. Among other impressions the highs are not as peaky and is more refined on both..

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjazz View Post

All right, what's so special about the CK100Pro?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post
 

They do look real nice..I have to give em that. I am very much considering the IM04 or the new Nuforce Primo 8 as an upgrade to my in ears..I keep on saying I will chill with the purchases but new stuff just keeps on rolling into the threads..

 

So if bought on Amazon Japan the IM03 is $305 with tenso forwarding around $325ish..

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjazz View Post

OK, saw the mention of the new AT's, but, to be honest, just didn't/couldn't go through the dedicated thread on them again ("OH NO, ANOTHER LATEST AND GREATEST HEADPHONE...I already spend much too much time on the threads here. Do have fun here, mind you, but it can easily start to cut into the rest of one's life). A quick scan of a bit of it, seems the new ones are considered better sounding than the Pros, though, at least American pricing of the new ones is significantly higher than the "sale" price on eBay of the Pro, likely better on Amazon.jp, didn't check. Curious what people think, of course. Already in the middle of receiving/auditioning too much new stuff, HEAVEN on the way, what could be better than that? New Shure as noted, new OM, etc, etc, gotta let things settle a bit...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jant71 View Post
 


They don't sound as good as the newer ones and people have complained about the older models size and weight being an issue. Also that they are annoying in cold weather with those metal housings. I give props to AT for trying something supposedly "more" but they weren't thought out for real world use and now they are designing more like the "norm". CK100 was an excellent design(my favorite) but they weren't going to make anymore armature phones without a detachable cable. 

 

It's awesome that doctorjazz curiously asked about them, what ds and jant71 said were correct, but there's also a love-hate relationship  with the im-03 and im-04 for headfiers.

 

The ONLY person that had a good time with the im-03s and liked it is haonan.

 

here's his impressions.

 

click on the bubble followed by an arrow link next to his name.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Originally Posted by Haonan View Post

 

 

 

  • The great thing is, as ds has stated, the im-03 and im-04 have improved upon the ck100pro. However, the im-04 will be more of a love and hate earphone for its fit, build quality at the price, and most of all, the different sound sig that it pertains. 

 

Headfiers stated that the im-03 and im-04 didn't sound as good as the im-02, which is disconcerting. They say it sounded veiled in comparison, and that they were overpriced. 

 

However, I still want  to try the im-03s much like ds, especially since the h-3s is in my hands. However, I need to wait a long time for that, and they might be my next earphone if possible (still debating on doppios).

 

 

DS, if you manage to break your oath and decide to buy the im-03s, do you mind if I sent you the im-02s? I want to know how they compare to the doppios in your ears, just pm me as soon as you buy them.


Edited by vlenbo - 1/26/14 at 10:08am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153