or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 1364

post #20446 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibizai9100 View Post
 

Those CK100pro's for $290 shipped is deal of the month!

Get them while You can, because they are out of production since October.

i have them and after listening to them it is hard to like any other IEM or headphone i own - CKS1000, IM50, ES700, HD25, TF10 because they are almost perfection. 

Wait till I post a comparo of those re700s against es700. You'll wish you didn't buy the es700 in the first place, :wink_face:

 

Nah, you'll want to keep it for the flavor.

 

I can say this, the re700's do not sound grainy, sound more natural and smoother, and the best part of all is the visceral immersion I get from the clarity, speed, and bass quality in comparison. Well, mostly frequency quality, as the treble is now clearer and cleaner, the mids are more airy, and the bass is tight as heck.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post
 

I get the feeling that the people here might not be the best crowd for the CK100PRO sig but can't deny that it's one of the most special-sounding things around and definitely something to try once in your lifetime. Just thought I'd say that in order to bait in any potentials. $280 or whatever the ebay price was, should be fine. Can't remember how much I got them used but it should have been around that, and far less than what it was when I bought it in-store new.

 

Yes, they are so nice that I bought them twice.

 

let me guess, the highs' brightness, and the fact that most of the recordings we hear will turn to ****?

post #20447 of 32862

Interesting....

... some initial rough takes.

 

Quote:
 

10 mins in to these Dun Dun Duns, and they are alright, mind wasn't blown by them. Bass is kinda weak sauce, esp. the sub bass, highs are a bit happy pants, hence gets peaky at tymes. More 3D in presentation than the gr07 BEs, but the BEs are more tactile/ visceral cuz it is better textured and more natural in it's presentation. Sub bass/ overall bass is fo' sho better on the BEs. Hmmm now that i think of it the KEF M200s does have a leg up on these DN1000s as in a much fuller sound overall. These Dun Dun Duns kinda sound a bit lean, though not as artificial as BA iems, the timbre still sounds a bit unnatural. Hmmmm.......

 

So far these are side grade to the gr07 BEs at best.   

post #20448 of 32862
So what you are saying is that the h200's are WAY better than the dn1k's. Got it! :-) ;-)
post #20449 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post

Interesting....

... some initial rough takes.

Someone needs to get this man a Heaven V or VI audition to get that "BA's are unnatural" stuffs over and done with. But they use some hocus pocus magic sauce so I guess it's not apples to apples.
post #20450 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

So what you are saying is that the h200's are WAY better than the dn1k's. Got it! :-) ;-)

i didn't say it YOU DID!!! : P

 

:deadhorse:

 

I can only tell ya' if you send them H200 over Masa' WAYNE. DEWITTT!!! ;)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post


Someone needs to get this man a Heaven V or VI audition to get that "BA's are unnatural" stuffs over and done with. But they use some hocus pocus magic sauce so I guess it's not apples to apples.

You get what i was talkin' about meng. Do i REALLY need to throw in a ***DISCLAIMER*** on some initial impressions, sigh.

 

Fine you win ******** DISCLAIMER*********

From what i have read/ gathered typical BA iems have the tendency to sound more artificial as compared to dynamic driver ones due to the tech utilized BUT NOT ALL cuz there are anomalies to everything. Some freaks of nature like those Heaven Vs are the exception. Happy??? :tongue:

post #20451 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post


Someone needs to get this man a Heaven V or VI audition to get that "BA's are unnatural" stuffs over and done with. But they use some hocus pocus magic sauce so I guess it's not apples to apples.

Forget this man, he has only this hybrid to compare. Now...

 

Eric, ds, or I on the other hand, have the h-3s, and also a dual ba earphone :D

 

 

So, when will the offer be fulfilled? Any deal here, so one of us can have it for a bit? *wink wink*

 

 

I have 2 dual bas, and one single. I'll most likely get the doppios as well, so... :) 

post #20452 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post

Interesting....

... some initial rough takes.

Take your time in tip rolling Sf, it took me quite a number of changes before I got to hear its best sound performance. Good luck!
post #20453 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlenbo View Post
 

Forget this man, he has only this hybrid to compare. Now...

 

Eric, ds, or I on the other hand, have the h-3s, and also a dual ba earphone :D

 

 

So, when will the offer be fulfilled? Any deal here, so one of us can have it for a bit? *wink wink*

 

 

I have 2 dual bas, and one single. I'll most likely get the doppios as well, so... :) 


But... but... who got the BIGGER...................... nuff said.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

.... EARS!!!

 

 

 

... cuz i is Brack son. :cool:

post #20454 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by d marc0 View Post


Take your time in tip rolling Sf, it took me quite a number of changes before I got to hear its best sound performance. Good luck!


yeppp did some tip/ ring rolling already albeit a very short tyme. Don't get me wrong i REALLY like what i am hearing from these, cuz they have amazing clarity/ pretty damn good speed and VERY 3D in presentation, with big sweet soundstage. It is just that i would not consider these as a compete/ total upgrade to the gr07 BEs is all cuz there are things those crazy VSonics does better as i have posted in my initial impressions is all.

 

Love what the ring/ tip changes does to these DN1000s, the red ring is the most refined, kinda more neutral but lacks a bit of bass quality/ quantity. Blue is kinda somewhere in between which is kinda iffy for me, but the silver rings gives these the most body/ weight to their sound, slightly less "refined" sounding due to the increase in bass quantity but i think i LIKE IT BASSY!!! :L3000:

 

Don't get me wrong these are still crazy technically capable no matter what rings you throw on them. Currently using the stock turbine medium tips cuz it give me the best seal without driver flex (i do get some driver flex with some of the other tips sadly but not really that bad). The clear tips doesn't seal properly and sound is thinned out, plus the bore is more narrow on those which is probably not the best for these. Hmmm maybe some RadioShack auvio tips might do as well.

 

... stock turbine DN1K tips.

post #20455 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post


yeppp did some tip/ ring rolling already albeit a very short tyme. Don't get me wrong i REALLY like what i am hearing from these, cuz they have amazing clarity/ pretty damn good speed and VERY 3D in presentation, with big sweet soundstage. It is just that i would not consider these as a compete/ total upgrade to the gr07 BEs is all cuz there are things those crazy VSonics does better as i have posted in my initial impressions is all.

Love what the ring/ tip changes does to these DN1000s, the red ring is the most refined, kinda more neutral but lacks a bit of bass quality/ quantity. Blue is kinda somewhere in between which is kinda iffy for me, but the silver rings gives these the most body/ weight to their sound, slightly less "refined" sounding due to the increase in bass quantity but i think i LIKE IT BASSY!!! L3000.gif

Don't get me wrong these are still crazy technically capable no matter what rings you throw on them. Currently using the stock turbine medium tips cuz it give me the best seal without driver flex (i do get some driver flex with some of the other tips sadly but not really that bad). The clear tips doesn't seal properly and sound is thinned out, plus the bore is more narrow on those which is probably not the best for these. Hmmm maybe some RadioShack auvio tips might do as well.


... stock turbine DN1K tips.

Im using the same tips and I agree with you about the bass. I don't think it's the dn1000 strength but it'sadmirable for the overall presentation.
post #20456 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post
 


yeppp did some tip/ ring rolling already albeit a very short tyme. Don't get me wrong i REALLY like what i am hearing from these, cuz they have amazing clarity/ pretty damn good speed and VERY 3D in presentation, with big sweet soundstage. It is just that i would not consider these as a compete/ total upgrade to the gr07 BEs is all cuz there are things those crazy VSonics does better as i have posted in my initial impressions is all.

 

Love what the ring/ tip changes does to these DN1000s, the red ring is the most refined, kinda more neutral but lacks a bit of bass quality/ quantity. Blue is kinda somewhere in between which is kinda iffy for me, but the silver rings gives these the most body/ weight to their sound, slightly less "refined" sounding due to the increase in bass quantity but i think i LIKE IT BASSY!!! :L3000:

 

Don't get me wrong these are still crazy technically capable no matter what rings you throw on them. Currently using the stock turbine medium tips cuz it give me the best seal without driver flex (i do get some driver flex with some of the other tips sadly but not really that bad). The clear tips doesn't seal properly and sound is thinned out, plus the bore is more narrow on those which is probably not the best for these. Hmmm maybe some RadioShack auvio tips might do as well.

 

... stock turbine DN1K tips.

Nice impressions from earlier, I don't want them anyways, but before your impressions, I DID want to get them, now thanks to you, I'll be safe with dsnuts' hype on those doppios. Or, more importantly, the heaven V. 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Oh, btw... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I have bigger ears, ;)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Since the kefs went through my skull after inserting them in my ears. Top that brack man!

 


Edited by vlenbo - 1/26/14 at 1:24am
post #20457 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by d marc0 View Post


Im using the same tips and I agree with you about the bass. I don't think it's the dn1000 strength but it'sadmirable for the overall presentation.


Yeppp agreed, i think i pretty much agree with ericp on how he hears these DN1000s compared to the M200s as well. But more on that later......

 

Forget about these DNs looky what i spy.....

http://www.head-fi.org/t/669510/vsonic-are-working-on-two-shure-like-iems/135#post_10203872

 

VSonic FINALLY is about to release they new VSD lineup soon??? :eek:

 

Damn wish the IEM housing was of the matte textured variant instead of this cheapo glossy plastic lookin' one.  Hope that one pictured is still a beta version/ prototype. 

 

They need to bring it on like this, the black matte version so sexcee!!!

post #20458 of 32862

The "black matte" looks more like a render not an actual photograph.

 

But of course, your tastes are dreck as per usual. The 'cherry red' shells glistens in the most wonderfully incandescent manner. Truly something to pass down to your children and your grandchildren.

(Hopefully you won't be breeding that far down the line)

post #20459 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post
 

The "black matte" looks more like a render not an actual photograph.

 

But of course, your tastes are dreck as per usual. The 'cherry red' shells glistens in the most wonderfully incandescent manner. Truly something to pass down to your children and your grandchildren.

(Hopefully you won't be breeding that far down the line)

those beautiful cherry red shells would definitely give someone a prestigious status...

 

Would it sound the same as that mentioned status? I sure hope so.

 

Who wants to pull the trigger when it is released?

post #20460 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post
 

The "black matte" looks more like a render not an actual photograph.

 

But of course, your tastes are dreck as per usual. The 'cherry red' shells glistens in the most wonderfully incandescent manner. Truly something to pass down to your children and your grandchildren.

(Hopefully you won't be breeding that far down the line)

I'm pretty sure Vsonic's CEO said that the VSD5 will have black matte finish.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153