or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 1331

post #19951 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
 

 

Yup crazy, but that's just the way it is from China with china post. I've had to wait that long for stuff. If it's something that you are really looking forward to, the wait can be excruciating.

Just do what I do and order so many that you don't have the time to go through them all. The wait goes by pretty quick that way :)

post #19952 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhazard View Post
 

Just do what I do and order so many that you don't have the time to go through them all. The wait goes by pretty quick that way :)


That's the savvy head-fiers way! :beerchug:

post #19953 of 32858

So, a curious phone to me is the AX5/AX5iS...

ath-ax5is

Very slender, long tapered arms, around the ear, flat cable, aluminum and ABS hybrid housings(similar as in the IM70), $85 MSRP(better street price), and 24ohm with a 5- 25,000 F.R. Promises the enjoyable, immersive Sonicfuel sound. Also folds flat and comes with a case.

ath_ax5_gp_1_sq.jpg

Seems interesting to me. A nice competitor for the JVC S680? with the edge of being available here in the states and having a warranty. Not retreads or converts either as these seem to be like the CLR/COR and distinct from AT Japan stuff like the S500 which is on ear, 8-26,000 and 48ohm and bears no real resemblance. The other new Japan Sonicfuels(OX5/7) are totally different as well. 


Edited by jant71 - 1/21/14 at 10:36am
post #19954 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by jant71 View Post
....

Seems interesting to me. A nice competitor for the HA680? with the edge of being available here in the states and having a warranty. Not retreads or converts either as these seem to be like the CLR/COR and distinct from AT Japan stuff like the S500 which is on ear, 8-26,000 and 48ohm and bears no real resemblance. The other new Japan Sonicfuels(OX5/7) are totally different as well. 

 

Do you mean JVC HA-S680? And why?

post #19955 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenF View Post
 

 

Do you mean JVC HA-S680? And why?


Yes the JVC, changed that to be clearer. Pretty obvious that the latest 40mm driver, over ear, fold up, portable cans from the two brands should be worth comparing esp. after the couple of S500 comparisons being close. I mean JVC S500 and AT S500 compared and being close in performance but having their own sigs/house sounds.


Edited by jant71 - 1/21/14 at 11:04am
post #19956 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by jant71 View Post

So, a curious phone to me is the AX5/AX5iS...
ath-ax5is

Very slender, long tapered arms, around the ear, flat cable, aluminum and ABS hybrid housings(similar as in the IM70), $85 MSRP(better street price), and 24ohm with a 5- 25,000 F.R. Promises the enjoyable, immersive Sonicfuel sound. Also folds flat and comes with a case.
ath_ax5_gp_1_sq.jpg
Seems interesting to me. A nice competitor for the JVC S680? with the edge of being available here in the states and having a warranty. Not retreads or converts either as these seem to be like the CLR/COR and distinct from AT Japan stuff like the S500 which is on ear, 8-26,000 and 48ohm and bears no real resemblance. The other new Japan Sonicfuels(OX5/7) are totally different as well. 

Ox5/7? Could you please post a link to them?
post #19957 of 32858
Lokin for over ears with my favorite iems being cks1000 and asg2

Momentums
Jvc 680
Onkyo 300
Yamaha hph 200
Denon 600

Others?

Main influenes are quality bass, details, soundstage
post #19958 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihontoman View Post


Ox5/7? Could you please post a link to them?

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.audio-technica.co.jp/atj/show_model.php%3FmodelId%3D2387&prev=/search%3Fq%3DATH-OX5%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3D0rN%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official

 

and the totally odd bird OX7amp because it has an amp built in...

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.a

udio-technica.co.jp/atj/show_model.php%3FmodelId%3D2388&prev=/search%3Fq%3DATH-OX7amp%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3DVZi%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official

 

 

Not too interested in these, btw. Very 'meh' looking, the 5 has weak specs and the 7 is pricey. I think most Head-fiers want to choose their own amp anyhow. They are on ear as well, I believe, which also is a minus vs. the AX for me anyway.


Edited by jant71 - 1/21/14 at 11:40am
post #19959 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post


Or older. tongue.gif
You need to post more often.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by d marc0 View Post
 

+1

Agreed, that post was HILARIOUS, I give you a +1000 cowcalculator

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jant71 View Post
 


Yes the JVC, changed that to be clearer. Pretty obvious that the latest 40mm driver, over ear, fold up, portable cans from the two brands should be worth comparing esp. after the couple of S500 comparisons being close. I mean JVC S500 and AT S500 compared and being close in performance but having their own sigs/house sounds.

 

I agree that these new ax5s, which are going to be in the US :D, look awesome.

 

HOWEVER...if it is the latest 40mm driver, then I got conned...since The ath-re700 also have the latest 40mm driver, as the ms430. THIS MEANS THAT I COULD HAVE SAVED MONEY!!!!

 

also, the pads look pretty comfy, I hoped AT learned its lesson in pad quality..


Edited by vlenbo - 1/21/14 at 11:54am
post #19960 of 32858

Those of you willing to spend a little bit more money for a great sounding portable headphone, I suggest these ------>

 

 

http://www.amazon.com/thinksound-on1-natblk-Supra-Aural-Monitor-Headphone/dp/B00GHWZLC2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1390287752&sr=8-1&keywords=thinksound+on1

 

 

Beats the M500 in sound quality clearly (and I love the M500, but have put it up for sale because of the On1's sound). The price has dropped.

post #19961 of 32858
So, the ax 5 is over ear type? That is very interesting. Might grab one when they are available. I don have any over-ears so... would be interesting to see higher end ax series though. Something like ax7 or ax9 even...
post #19962 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihontoman View Post

So, the ax 5 is over ear type? That is very interesting. Might grab one when they are available. I don have any over-ears so... would be interesting to see higher end ax series though. Something like ax7 or ax9 even...

That's right.

 

I"ll get it as well as the only over ear I have are the ws99s. I guess the zx700s also count, but they damage my earlobes...

 

Oh, and the a900x, the monstro over ear headhones.


Edited by vlenbo - 1/21/14 at 12:09pm
post #19963 of 32858

I also ordered some from inshoes on ebay. How can we tell if the Gold pistons are real or fake?

post #19964 of 32858
Fake Piston sound like **** and have the L & R marking on the rubber housing stem, and the cardboard wrapping text can be blurred, and the IEM wrap doesn't have a sweet smell like chocolate .
post #19965 of 32858
Btw..for the not so funny comment that some found funny, but didn't make me chuckle even one second, the Piston are VERY worthy of their hype, recommendation, ect or whatever you want to call it, and only those who are obviously not regular contributors hyped these great IEMs as being on a level with $300+ TOTL earphones. Those of us with more refined ears and saner minds commented that the Piston are anything for a great value to the BEST value to the best sub $100 IEM, but the consensus being they can compete with some mid-fi IEM, but start falling short thereafter. I believe this is true. They are great, but fall short when compared to most $150 and above gear. So the snarky comment that we're all somehow under some enchantment to give false impressions of a great IEM is lame and not funny, and might give someone on the fence a sense the Piston are undeserving the hype. Thanks. I'm done. Things to do. Piston to listen with.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153