or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 1313

post #19681 of 33031
Never been to Denver but love Seattle and almost took a job with the Seattle Times in the '90s.
post #19682 of 33031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post
 

 

 

Superbowl is gonna be a good one. Can't wait.

 

Brady disappointed me. I expected a clash of the giants today, but Manning showed why he's the best QB to ever play. That man is a surgeon with the pass.

 

And he's mad cool too. He and his bro run a passing camp at the school where I went for undergrad. They buy the bar for everyone on the last night of camp every year.

post #19683 of 33031
Thank you vlenbo.
post #19684 of 33031
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

Thank you vlenbo.

No problem eric.

 

 

And to add hype to the piston train...

 

 

Maxiao
By Maxiao
Posted 4 minutes ago · 4 Views · 0 Comments

Pros: 99rmb in China (thats only $17 dollars!). Superb soundstage, strong bass, mids and treble. Great mic, nice design and packaging.

Cons: None yet after 3 weeks

"I live in China and have built up a collection of mostly local brand headphones:  Astrotec AM90 and AM800, Soundmagic E10, Ecci PR200, Dunu Hades, several different DIY Yuins and (Korean manufactured) Feels Pro 900.   I ordered the Xiaomi earphones recently without much expectations - the brand is well established in China and the phones are pretty good but they have no previous hifi experience that I am aware of.  After a couple of weeks of using them I can honestly say that they are the best of all the pairs I use - I previous leaned towards the AM800 or the Feels Pro900 but I prefer the Xiaomi's sound to any other options (with the possible exception of the Yuins in a quiet environment!).  They have a really wide soundstage, punchy bass but really good separation across the board. As you can tell from my favourite earphones I'm not a big bass guy but love how these sound bassy but balanced) . As a bonus I've also found the mic really clear and the controls simple to use.  If you can pick up a pair for $20 or so I highly recommend giving them a try. 

 

I've been using this site for a couple of years but never felt the need to write anything before, there has always better written and more expert reviews available. Actually thatbeatsguy wrote a great reveiw of the Xiaomis which inspired mine. Hopefully this will inspire more and better review the Xiaomis :)"

 

 

vlenbo speaking:

Pat yourself on the back beatsguy, while *we* applaud your efforts. :biggrin: 

 

* *= the headfiers

 

Edited by vlenbo - 1/19/14 at 7:52pm
post #19685 of 33031
Thread Starter 

Well guys I am so hooked on the Doppios. I am seriously considering the Carbo Singolo BA BX510..A gamble as I have no idea how they tuned it or how it is gonna sound...


Edited by Dsnuts - 1/19/14 at 7:57pm
post #19686 of 33031
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEMagnet01 View Post


The issue with these being so awesome and not getting any hype could be the $240+ price tag for a single armature driver,and granted head-fi'ers give these huge love and say the bass is off the hook for a single BA, but for so many competitors in the single BA world, including the ZA singlos, the Klipsch X11, ect ect, that price is really steep, and you can get some wicked awesome dual driver IEMs at the same price point. If not for that price, I'd be really interested in picking them up.

I have the triple-driver JVC FXZ-200, and they sound like a broken radio next to great single drivers such as Heaven IV/VI or Nail 2 v2.

post #19687 of 33031
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlenbo View Post
 

No problem eric.

 

 

And to add hype to the piston train...

 

 

Maxiao
By Maxiao
Posted 4 minutes ago· 4 Views · 0 Comments

Pros: 99rmb in China (thats only $17 dollars!). Superb soundstage, strong bass, mids and treble. Great mic, nice design and packaging.

Cons: None yet after 3 weeks

"I live in China and have built up a collection of mostly local brand headphones:  Astrotec AM90 and AM800, Soundmagic E10, Ecci PR200, Dunu Hades, several different DIY Yuins and (Korean manufactured) Feels Pro 900.   I ordered the Xiaomi earphones recently without much expectations - the brand is well established in China and the phones are pretty good but they have no previous hifi experience that I am aware of.  After a couple of weeks of using them I can honestly say that they are the best of all the pairs I use - I previous leaned towards the AM800 or the Feels Pro900 but I prefer the Xiaomi's sound to any other options (with the possible exception of the Yuins in a quiet environment!).  They have a really wide soundstage, punchy bass but really good separation across the board. As you can tell from my favourite earphones I'm not a big bass guy but love how these sound bassy but balanced) . As a bonus I've also found the mic really clear and the controls simple to use.  If you can pick up a pair for $20 or so I highly recommend giving them a try. 

 

I've been using this site for a couple of years but never felt the need to write anything before, there has always better written and more expert reviews available. Actually thatbeatsguy wrote a great reveiw of the Xiaomis which inspired mine. Hopefully this will inspire more and better review the Xiaomis :)"

 

 

vlenbo speaking:

Pat yourself on the back beatsguy, while *we* applaud your efforts. :biggrin: 

 

* *= the headfiers

 

Wat. This is outrageous. NEver received such rep b4. 

Thank you so much, you guys! 

 

     Actually, I'm looking to revise the review on the Pistons again (since they haven't been properly burned-in at the time), but I don't think I'll change my stance on the review, more or less. Also, a re-review of my avatar is coming up, and a review of my other headphones. *sigh* So many earphones I want to buy, so little money to buy 'em with. 

     Until now, I still don't know why I wasn't posting the past couple of days. I guess Team Fortress 2 got me too much, and I spent too much time with them. That, and I'm leaving for my home country in 4 days...mom sez I will only bring one gadget, and now I'm trying to make the jump to Android so that I could get my tunes and my games in one place. Also, it's a smartphone, and my iPod ain't. *sigh*

 

But anyway, I wanna thank bhazard again for bringing the Pistons to my attention. Without 'em, I probably wouldn't have gotten the rep I have now. :D

Hopefully, I'll be able to post regularly even in da Filz, so yeah...trying to make the jump to Android...been an iOS fan for longer than my music journey. My iPod's the very reason I'm listening to music, and got me to buy Beats, which in turn led me here. Lotsa ppl to thank, I guess. Can't list 'em all, tho, so I'mma be going to grab some lunch.

 

Peace out, ppl!

post #19688 of 33031
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenF View Post
 

I have the triple-driver JVC FXZ-200, and they sound like a broken radio next to great single drivers such as Heaven IV/VI or Nail 2 v2.

i will agree with you because I am no longer a fan of the JVC CNT sound. Though the natural timbre and extension on both ends had me intrigued for awhile, eventually when I'd go from the JVC to another earphone, i grew to dislike the aggressive mids and that hard 'SMACK" sound in the lower highs that really became hit and miss from track to track based on mastering. Just grew tired of it, and no, even insanely aggressive burn in does not remedy the issue. Like I said, if it wasn't for the above $200.00 price tag, I'd be all over these Heaven V. I'm leaning on getting my EPH-100 back. 

post #19689 of 33031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post
 

Well guys I am so hooked on the Doppios. I am seriously considering the Carbo Singolo BA BX510..A gamble as I have no idea how they tuned it or how it is gonna sound...

gamble shamble, go for it! I think they'll sound similar to the auditions you had with ZA's first ba driver. Well, except that it will be refined, of course. :D 

 

I think I'll keep the im02s, but if need be, I will sell them off as the BQ is just killing me. The doppios look so pretty...and the heaven V looks even prettier....:( Besides, they don't use plastic as the whole shell! That in itself makes the ath overpriced, imo.


Edited by vlenbo - 1/19/14 at 8:19pm
post #19690 of 33031
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEMagnet01 View Post
 

i will agree with you because I am no longer a fan of the JVC CNT sound. Though the natural timbre and extension on both ends had me intrigued for awhile, eventually when I'd go from the JVC to another earphone, i grew to dislike the aggressive mids and that hard 'SMACK" sound in the lower highs that really became hit and miss from track to track based on mastering. Just grew tired of it, and no, even insanely aggressive burn in does not remedy the issue. Like I said, if it wasn't for the above $200.00 price tag, I'd be all over these Heaven V. I'm leaning on getting my EPH-100 back. 

They do a much better job with CNTs in full size headphones - HA-S680 sounds crazy good for 70-80$.

Listening to Zaz on them right now through the Hifimediy Sabre DAC - only HE-400 sounds better, and not by a huge margin.

post #19691 of 33031
It's long known in the High End Speaker world, the number of drivers you put in a speaker does not correspond to sound quality in and by itself. There are fabulous $2-4000 two way speakers that sound great...you can get 3, 4, or more drivers in a set of Radio Shack $100 speakers, how do you think they'd fare? The design, implementation, materials, attention to detail all make a major difference. In fact, some believe the complexity of adding more drivers (with the crossovers) can actually make designing a good high end speaker harder.

Fun games, especially the first, always great to see the Evil Empire (Pats) put in their place, and Manning and crew certainly did that. Actually do like Manning, will be rooting for him in 2 weeks, GO DENVER!!!
post #19692 of 33031
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

Well, here's vwinter's impressions from my ASG-2 thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by akarise View Post


Wow, I go out to dinner and I've been outed. I couldn't even find those from the FAD thread that easily lol.
post #19693 of 33031

decided against ordering the EPH-100, and instead picked up the Sony XBA-H1 due to a steep discount I got, so I'm going to try these out, and see how they stack up head to head against the OM Audio IEP, since they are both single ba/single dynamic hybrids. Looking forward to this little clash of hybrids. 

post #19694 of 33031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

Well guys I am so hooked on the Doppios. I am seriously considering the Carbo Singolo BA BX510..A gamble as I have no idea how they tuned it or how it is gonna sound...

Yeah, Dsnuts hit another one out of the park with the Doppios. My opinion has changed drastically from first listen. Folks, I don't care f you don't believe it, but burn in is real even for BAs! I can't believe this isthmus Se earphone I heard a couple of days ago and was feeling Ike "what the hell?" This is like the HD of earphones hitting closest to what I imagine 4k tv looking like. It has great great detail resolution and instrument separation. As a matter of fact I don't think I've hard this clarity except in my customs V6. It sounds best without amplification straight out of an iPod or one those moderately priced Sony DAPs. I need to compare this sound to the V6 because that's how good and scary it is.
Edited by ericp10 - 1/19/14 at 9:38pm
post #19695 of 33031
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post


Yeah, Dsnuts hit another one out of the park with the Doppios. My opinion has changed drastically from first listen. Folks, I don't care if (almost thought that read, I don't f'n care :tongue:) you don't believe it, but burn in is real even for BAs! I can't believe this is the same earphone I heard a couple of days ago and was feeling like "what the hell?" This is like the HD of earphones hitting the closet to what I imagine 4k tv looking like (due to hardware limitations, HD is better, just saying, lol). It has great great detail resolution and instrument separation. As a matter of fact I don't think I've hard this clarity except in my customs V6. It sounds best without amplification straight out of an iPod or one those moderately priced Sony DAPs. I need to compare this sound to the V6 because that's how good and scary it is.

Almost made me go to amazon japan and order them, but then I realized that the heaven V is also great, and I still didn't sell the im02. :p 

 

Also, fixing the garble that came from your phone. This garble though...makes me think that the doppios destroyed your mind, lol. It means that it is THAT good, hmm....waiting for danny's impressions on these post burn-in.

 

So are guitar notes crunchier, do the ba phones have better detail retrieval, instruments are easier to tell apart, and the highs have H-3 quality? I want that on my im02s, I don't hear guitar notes sounding crunchier yet, not do I hear cymbals smoothing out and having better depth. The instrument seperation is awesome though.


Edited by vlenbo - 1/19/14 at 9:28pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153