or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 132

post #1966 of 32875

Yo, DONUTS! I see you like the Philips SHE510 Citiscape. You like it better than the FX40 or FX101?

post #1967 of 32875

I'm conflicted.. I've had the CKS77 for a while now but they don't take the fx101 out of my ear once I put them in.. It's not that the 101s sound better they just don't sound noticeably worse and it's actually a relief to not have such a huge sound in my head all day even though the 77s do that amazingly.. So I'm not sure what to do with the cks77s now.. Plus these are far more comfortable for me.. If the build quality was on par with the 77s it wouldn't even be a question.. maybe I should look into the fx3x and sale the 77s

post #1968 of 32875

I have come so close to purchasing FX101 for many days now.

I would like to know what the bass is like in comparison to SHE3580 from someone who owns both please? What too expect? More, less, better layering? I just need a little information on them as it's been eating away at me to make the purchase. 

post #1969 of 32875
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Randy View Post

Yo, DONUTS! I see you like the Philips SHE510 Citiscape. You like it better than the FX40 or FX101?

 

The SHE5105 is a solid earphone with mic but I like these new JVCs better for less cash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneoseven View Post

I'm conflicted.. I've had the CKS77 for a while now but they don't take the fx101 out of my ear once I put them in.. It's not that the 101s sound better they just don't sound noticeably worse and it's actually a relief to not have such a huge sound in my head all day even though the 77s do that amazingly.. So I'm not sure what to do with the cks77s now.. Plus these are far more comfortable for me.. If the build quality was on par with the 77s it wouldn't even be a question.. maybe I should look into the fx3x and sale the 77s

 

It's ok.  Both have enough differences in the sound presentation to have both Imo. I don't plan on getting rid of my CKS77 any time soon. These JVCs are great but they aren't gonna take over the CKS77 for my bass needs. Lol!. 

 

I did an A/B earlier today for a friend and the sound presentation of the CKS77 is one of a kind as the sound is much fuller/bigger on them over the FX101 or anything else for that matter.. I enjoy both.

post #1970 of 32875
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochill View Post

Ohhh i also changed out the tip because the tips are uncomfertable,to my sony hybrids much more comfort but slightly less bass and more balance with better isolation tongue.gif


I too found that comfort and isolation went up using the hybrid tips but to me, it seems like further shrinking down a funnel. I'll shutup now and listen to them now that they've burned in for approximately seven hours.


Edited by Soul_Est - 6/4/12 at 7:00pm
post #1971 of 32875
Thread Starter 

@Soul I know you just got them. 7 hours unfortunately is not going to be enough for these to sound right. We are talking 93 hours more. Lol!. Believe me the way they sound out of the box is like the dry sponge version of the way these truly sound. After the long burn they sound much fuller much more balanced as a result. I would commence burn in. Forget about hearing them the way they are now for a couple of days. But of course checking in on them is always fun.

post #1972 of 32875
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

I have come so close to purchasing FX101 for many days now.

I would like to know what the bass is like in comparison to SHE3580 from someone who owns both please? What too expect? More, less, better layering? I just need a little information on them as it's been eating away at me to make the purchase. 


The FX101 sound the closest to the SHE earphones from Philips and even the sub bass performance is similar between the FX101 and the SHE3580. The main difference between the 2 is the mids. The SHE3580 has a slight v shape sound while the FX101 is better balanced in the mids are a bit fuller more forward over the SHE3580. The positives and negatives of the SHE3580 is the housing.. So small they can disappear in your ear but I think because of such a small housing it also limits the sound separation and staging for them. So that is another area where the FX101 is better. I did a comparo against the SHE9700 which are actually the better earphone over the SHE3580 as they have double the housing size of them

 

The FX101 while being similar sounding to the SHE earphones, are better in small ways. The mids I think are a strong suit of the FX101 and the highs are not lacking one bit either..I would put it this way. For guys that owned the SHE3580 or the SHE9700. I think the small improvements over them are worth trying out a FX101. The wider stage of the FX101 also helps them sound more balanced as well.

 

For the guys that owned the isurus the FX40 is like the isurus without the sharp highs. After burn in that is.


Edited by Dsnuts - 6/4/12 at 7:38pm
post #1973 of 32875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

@Soul I know you just got them. 7 hours unfortunately is not going to be enough for these to sound right. We are talking 93 hours more. Lol!. Believe me the way they sound out of the box is like the dry sponge version of the way these truly sound. After the long burn they sound much fuller much more balanced as a result. I would commence burn in. Forget about hearing them the way they are now for a couple of days. But of course checking in on them is always fun.


Oh don't worry, I intend to burn them in. I'm using BassDrive as bjaardker suggested earlier in the thread. I will be checking in on them ever 24 hours or so to see how they are coming along. *sighs* four more days...

post #1974 of 32875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post


The FX101 sound the closest to the SHE earphones from Philips and even the sub bass performance is similar between the FX101 and the SHE3580. The main difference between the 2 is the mids. The SHE3580 has a slight v shape sound while the FX101 is better balanced in the mids are a bit fuller more forward over the SHE3580. The positives and negatives of the SHE3580 is the housing.. So small they can disappear in your ear but I think because of such a small housing it also limits the sound separation and staging for them. So that is another area where the FX101 is better. I did a comparo against the SHE9700 which are actually the better earphone over the SHE3580 as they have double the housing size of them

 

The FX101 while being similar sounding to the SHE earphones, are better in small ways. The mids I think are a strong suit of the FX101 and the highs are not lacking one bit either..I would put it this way. For guys that owned the SHE3580 or the SHE9700. I think the small improvements over them are worth trying out a FX101. The wider stage of the FX101 also helps them sound more balanced as well.

 

For the guys that owned the isurus the FX40 is like the isurus without the sharp highs. After burn in that is.


Thanks dude, I'm still on the bench for now but that gives me a better description! We can't get them for $16 here in Australia, it's looking like $27 for the FX101 so I"m still thinking about it. If it were $16 I'd of bought them weeks ago.

post #1975 of 32875
Thread Starter 

Actually since you already own the SHE3580. I would try out a FX40 for something all together different. And if your a bass fan. The Sub bass on the FX40 is solid as well. It is the better detailed more technical JVC for about the same price of the FX101.  Both of these new JVCs would be a nice upgrade over the SHE3580 but sometimes changing it up to a different sound signature is a good thing.


Edited by Dsnuts - 6/4/12 at 7:55pm
post #1976 of 32875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul_Est View Post


Oh don't worry, I intend to burn them in. I'm using BassDrive as bjaardker suggested earlier in the thread. I will be checking in on them ever 24 hours or so to see how they are coming along. *sighs* four more days...

 

 

Bjaardker's bassdrive site is presently beating the piss out of two pairs of my IEM's. I have the shells under a heavy folded rug for silence and when I lift it to check up on them, there's a whole ruckus going on. eek.gif

post #1977 of 32875

I've been cooking  the SHE3580 for about a week now and the sub-bass have started coming out in globs! beyersmile.png

The mids and high are a little shy still and I'm waiting to hear them in their full glory.

 

Meanwhile the FX101 (or should I say FR201) are burning in nicely on my HP, stealing a listen every now and then, I noticed the mids are more pronounced compared to SHE3580.

 

I don't know if this is a fair comparision as my SHE3580 are 3 contacts, 3.5mm jack plugged into a Sansa Clip Zip and the FR201 are 4 contacts, 3.5mm jack plugged into my HP.

 

Is there anyway or adapter available which will allow me to plug both into a common source?


Edited by Ghostfit - 6/6/12 at 12:46am
post #1978 of 32875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

Actually since you already own the SHE3580. I would try out a FX40 for something all together different. And if your a bass fan. The Sub bass on the FX40 is solid as well. It is the better detailed more technical JVC for about the same price of the FX101.  Both of these new JVCs would be a nice upgrade over the SHE3580 but sometimes changing it up to a different sound signature is a good thing.


I'm going to have a think about it. I truly enjoy the SHE3580 it rocks for something so small, I'm not too concerned about mids and highs but more after a bass rush when the time calls. Just down right dirty deep sub-bass that farts out extreme levels of.....yeah... BASS! I have other IEM's for critical listening so sounds not a major concern. I"m really tempted on all of them including the SHE9700 and FX40, but leaning towards FX101 to test!


Edited by H20Fidelity - 6/4/12 at 9:09pm
post #1979 of 32875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfit View Post

I've been cooking  the SHE3580 for about a week now and the sub-bass have started coming out in globs! beyersmile.png
The mids and high are a little shy still and I'm waiting to hear them in their full glory.

Meanwhile the FX101 (or should I say FX201) are burning in nicely on my HP, stealing a listen every now and then, I noticed the mids are more pronounced compared to SHE3580.

I don't know if this is a fair comparision as my SHE3580 are 3 contacts, 3.5mm jack plugged into a Sansa Clip Zip and my FX201 are 4 contacts, 3.5mm jack plugged into my HP.

Is there anyway or adapter available which will allow me to plug both into a common source?


A Y-splitter. I recieved one tonight from meelec.
post #1980 of 32875
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


I'm going to have a think about it. I truly enjoy the SHE3580 it rocks for something so small, I'm not too concerned about mids and highs but more after a bass rush when the time calls. Just down right dirty deep sub-bass that farts out extreme levels of.....yeah... BASS! I have other IEM's for critical listening so sounds not a major concern. I"m really tempted on all of them including the SHE9700 and FX40, but leaning towards FX1X to test!

 

May cost a little more but International shipping!

 

http://www.overstock.com/Electronics/JVC-HA-FX40-R-Earphone/6480509/product.html

http://www.overstock.com/Electronics/JVC-HA-FX40-A-Earphone/6480507/product.html

http://www.overstock.com/Electronics/JVC-HA-FX40-B-Earphone/6480508/product.html

 

Go on,   ...you know you wanna ! biggrin.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153