Ordered a set anyway, $32 inc shipping from US to UK. My curiosity got the better of me especially with all the comments about detail... I love detail. Shame I got to wait 2-3 weeks till they arrive :(
Recent Images In This Thread
- productJVC HA-FX101tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productJVC HA-FX40-B Earphone - KV6902tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productPhilips SHE3580/28 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productPhilips SHE9700tagged by System, 1/7/12
- productPioneer DJE-1500-K Professional DJ In-Ear Headphonestagged by joe, 8/6/14
- productSony MH1 Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productThermaltake, In-ear Headsettagged by System, 12/31/11
- productVSONIC VC1000tagged by YOT, 6/26/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sturdy budget earphones, best bang for the buck? (Mostly for text) Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. Last post on 11/18/16 at 2:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Does it make sense to buy IEM's that match the DAC? Last post on 7/21/13 at 4:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- GR02 vs GR99 vs GR04 vs MH1C Last post on 11/4/12 at 3:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
INTRODUCTION: I would like to thank @Jack Vang of Empire Ears, for the discount on my purchase of the Zeus-XIV-ADEL Custom IEM and for giving me the opportunity to review the IEM. I would also...
This is by far the closest I have come to writing a 5 star review. Of course to get that, I would have to find the holy grail of headphones for me. I had tried the HD558, HD598, HD650, and...
Used Schiit Modi & Magni with car sim racing game with Sennheiser HD 598 headphones. Unfortunately, Modi died after 2+ years. Thought warranty was 5 years but found out the hard way it's only 2...
These are *fantastic* for the price. Compared side by side to some old Sennheiser MX500s, that cost at least 4x as much, the Monk+ absolutely wipes the floor - they are hugely superior. Warm...
Acknowledgment Thanks, @Andykong at Cayin, and @Takeanidea for organizing the UK wing of the worldwide extravaganza of i5 tour. It is always an honour to work with great companies and dear...
The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 130
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Good call, both these new JVCs are fantastic the FX40 offers a the more detailed sound over the FX101. I only wish the prices on these were the same as what we pay here in the States for everyone.. I have no idea why the prices are so different everywhere..
The FX40 absolutely need 100 hours of burn before the drivers become stable. On open box the sound is distant and thin. Burn in cures all that. Let us know how you like them when you get them.
Well Guys I have been listening to my FX101s and they now have a good 80 hours of burn in..I can verify that what was on the FX101 on open box cleans up very nicely with burn. If any of you guys have a "thing" against bassy earphones.
Do not associate nasty mid bass hump overly warm sound signature aka cheapo bassy earphones to these FX101s. These sound nothing like that at all..On some more careful listen. This may surprise but I initially thought the FX40 sounded closer to my CKM500 than these but after fully burning these. The FX101 actually sound closer to the CKM500 than the FX40. The detailed highs are similar on the FX40 and that is was what I thought made them sound similar.
But after listening to them all day yesterday. Overall I have to say the FX101 actually share more similarities to the CKM500 in the mids and highs are now much cleaner on the FX101 resulting them being even closer to that sound. I also find the sound thickness and depth to be similar as well..And both have solid bass impact and sub bass.. So now I would like to call these the little brother of the much more expensive CKM500. While not as refined as the CKM500. These are surprising me almost on a daily basis. For spending $16 on them. I feel like I stole something. lol!
Edited by Dsnuts - 6/3/12 at 11:31am
Given all the impressions on this thread its safe to say that the FX40 is a well balance IEM and a sin of creation given how well it sounds with such a cheap price of admittance. Now the consensus of this thread leads me to believe that the FX90s do sound better but not as much but indeed better. So if the 40s sounds this good how will the FX80s sound? I for one an even more excited to hear the FX80s ,damn the jun 15th release ill have to wait for the 1st of July to get my ear around them.
I am officially preferring the FX40's over the FX-101's. 40's are more precise and I hear more detail and air. More timbre. There are sounds that come apparent on second listen on the 40's that were bypassed with the 101's.
Yes, I thought the FX40 was very similar to the FXT90 when I was using them. But hey I wouldn't knock the JVC FXT90. It's just like the CKM77. Both of them were good IEMs. But they were made obsolete by these epic value cheap clones (the FX40 and CKM50) that came out of nowhere.
I saw the FX101 for $16.95 shipped on eBay. All 5 colors (I think that's all of them.)
It's been a long time since I last posted. The last time I did post, it was on the GR07. Now after reading the last 50 pages of this, I figured it would be best to get the FX40 and the FX101 to ensure that I quickly find the correct IEM for me after burn-in.
FutureShop sells the FX40 for $49.99 and the FX101 for $29.99. So much for the Free Trade Agreement.
I have found them on buy.com for $22.06 and $16.98 respectively which is much more to my tastes. I have yet to check eBay for the FX40 and FX101. Since I'm having these IEMs shipped to Canada, would all my cost saving efforts be in vain?
If you like detail in your sound, save the bucks and just get the FX40. If that's your taste, you'll also enjoy a better build and with more tip choices and a shirt clip that the other lacks.
Thanks for the suggestion. I forgot to mention that I have owned the HifiMAN RE-252 before and truly enjoyed them. I'll be sure to order them thais week then.
Edit: Going to order from buy.com. Can't find the FX40 or FX101 for the same prices or lower anywhere else.
Edit 2: Which is starting to look like a big hassle as I cannot add my address to my profile.
Edited by Soul_Est - 6/4/12 at 7:28am
Guess what everyone......i just got my fx3x in today and the only thing i can say is that it already sounds better then the cks and fx101s...its also revealing oc source material. The bass is a tad more fuller the the cks, the mid are a bit more distant then the fx101 but the giutars sound great on them, the highs are very detailed,and the speed is amazing with a much more bigger sound stage,the 3d effects are amazing and this is all without burn in while listen to it for 10 minutes .....i am really sure that this earphone will be the boss of all bassy earphone.....oh i forgot to mention that the stock eartips sux,so be sure to change them out....i am using my monster supertips the white gel tips.
I was curious about Monster tips and happened to have bought their expensive assortment at Staples on a whim. Can't wait to test them out on some IEMs.
- The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › NEW Audio Technica Multiple BA IEM: ATH LS50,70,200,300,400 31 seconds ago
- › IBasso Audio IT03 1 minute ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. 1-17-2017 Now... 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar... 4 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Schiit Modi by Tim Updegrove
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear