or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 1267

post #18991 of 32896

The Pistons sound extremely promising. Can't wait to get mine now and burn them in with some lovely Kpop!  :D

post #18992 of 32896
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhazard View Post
 

The $10 ones are absolutely fakes. I got one and they are terrible.

 

Confirmed legit, cheapest, takes paypal:

http://www.ibuygou.com/p-original_xiaomi_piston_earphone_updated_version_brown-5708-usd.html


That's where I got mine opting for free shipping (no tracking) and all is well.

post #18993 of 32896

I'm kinda wondering why the creative aurvana in ear 3 don't get any attention here. are they so underwhelming?

I mean they are Double BA iems for 60$

post #18994 of 32896
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbluenewmexico View Post

where did you hear that? I've e mailed LHarmonis twice about the geek out delivery schedule and they just ignored me.

Kickstarter email update #33.
post #18995 of 32896
Thread Starter 
post #18996 of 32896
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihontoman View Post
 

I'm kinda wondering why the creative aurvana in ear 3 don't get any attention here. are they so underwhelming?

I mean they are Double BA iems for 60$

Its more that they've been out for almost 3 years and have been surpassed by a lot in that time.

post #18997 of 32896
Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyHeadMara View Post

Would like to read a comparison between Nuforce NE700X/M and Piston.

That comparison is coming up. Been burning in for 24 hours, and now I think I have enough time to compare the two. Both are also priced very similarly.
post #18998 of 32896
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

Yeah, about the $200 mark is where the price of diminishing returns hits but you still need to know the right ones to choose, thankfully to the community we can dig through them and sift out the duds, because there's some real crap out there. Take the Dunu DN -1000 for example, which to me sounds so much better then Westone 4 costing almost double. Or H-200 another good value for money.

Ok now coming from you, now I'm really truly super excited about my DUNU 1000. As good or better sounding than the Westone 4?! Bring in on!! smily_headphones1.gif
post #18999 of 32896
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorblader View Post
 


That's where I got mine opting for free shipping (no tracking) and all is well.


I just ordered one from ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/XIAOMI-piston-model-In-ear-Earphone-3-5mm-Stereo-Headsets-with-Mic-Control-Talk-/151210125966?pt=Bluetooth_Wireless_Products&hash=item2334d36a8e

 

Do you think these are fake?

I emailed the seller and asked him of these were the gold coloured ones (Piston2) and not the grey ones.

He told me these were the gold ones and thanked me for my trust.

post #19000 of 32896
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter123 View Post

I agree. I had decided to get the IM70 but then the DN1000 caught my attention and I couldn't decide so instead I got the Havi B3, Piston 2.0 and a bunch of other chinese cheapos confused_face(1).gif

Can't say that I regret but I still fancy both the IM70 and the DN1000........................

I ended up getting the Chinese cheapos and the DUNU. My hope , and this is a legitimate hope, is that the DUNU will end my search for awhile, and in doing so end the hurt on my wallet. I'd like the B3 to be good enough to end my search for a great dynamic ( the Piston are my go to dynamic IEM, but they just don't drive well on my X3, and I would like to single out the use of my X3 as my sole DAP) for awhile, for the same reason. I might come out of retirement for the Fostex if they build up enough warranted hype? Otherwise..DUNU forever?!
post #19001 of 32896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastapipo View Post
 


I just ordered one from ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/XIAOMI-piston-model-In-ear-Earphone-3-5mm-Stereo-Headsets-with-Mic-Control-Talk-/151210125966?pt=Bluetooth_Wireless_Products&hash=item2334d36a8e

 

Do you think these are fake?

I emailed the seller and asked him of these were the gold coloured ones (Piston2) and not the grey ones.

He told me these were the gold ones and thanked me for my trust.


Don't know as I'm not familiar with that seller, but he seems to sell a lot of snooker and boxing gloves. :)

The images he put up are not of the actual item but Xiaiomi's original pictures so hard to tell what he's gonna send.

Should be fine though, post pictures once you have them in case you have doubts about their authenticity.

post #19002 of 32896
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEMagnet01 View Post

I ended up getting the Chinese cheapos and the DUNU. My hope , and this is a legitimate hope, is that the DUNU will end my search for awhile, and in doing so end the hurt on my wallet. I'd like the B3 to be good enough to end my search for a great dynamic ( the Piston are my go to dynamic IEM, but they just don't drive well on my X3, and I would like to single out the use of my X3 as my sole DAP) for awhile, for the same reason. I might come out of retirement for the Fostex if they build up enough warranted hype? Otherwise..DUNU forever?!

I like the B3's with the X3 very much so hopefully you'll like this pairing as well.

I think I'll end up with those Dunu1k's in the end. Good thing is that I got so many new toys to enjoy now, and more on the way so I can wait a little longer. Would like to see them at $150 first wink.gif
post #19003 of 32896
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorblader View Post
 


Don't know as I'm not familiar with that seller, but he seems to sell a lot of snooker and boxing gloves. :)

The images he put up are not of the actual item but Xiaiomi's original pictures so hard to tell what he's gonna send.

Should be fine though, post pictures once you have them in case you have doubts about their authenticity.

 

Thanks for the reply. I will post my experiences when I receive them.

The sound quality will probably show if they're fake.

post #19004 of 32896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastapipo View Post


I just ordered one from ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/XIAOMI-piston-model-In-ear-Earphone-3-5mm-Stereo-Headsets-with-Mic-Control-Talk-/151210125966?pt=Bluetooth_Wireless_Products&hash=item2334d36a8e

Do you think these are fake?
I emailed the seller and asked him of these were the gold coloured ones (Piston2) and not the grey ones.
He told me these were the gold ones and thanked me for my trust.

Hahaha thanked you for your trust? That's like a cheater thanking you for your trust in fidelity before you start dating. That's a red flag right there. I don't know how many times I've posted the link to the seller I used as well as others here, who got authentic Piston 2.0 and quick shipping. It's been a lot.
post #19005 of 32896
One of the big keys to figuring out a fake Piston from the real one , aside from obvious sound quality, and the real ones have TONS of sound quality, is that fakes can be spotted by having white L & R (left and right) on the housing stems. The real Piston has a blank smooth stem on the left, and raised ridges on the lower part of the right stem. This is how I can quickly tell what side is which in the dark. I'm sure there's other little things to distinguish?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153