The bass is awesome, it really compliments everything else in the tracks that i listen to.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productJVC HA-FX101tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productJVC HA-FX40-B Earphone - KV6902tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productPhilips SHE3580/28 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productPhilips SHE9700tagged by System, 1/7/12
- productPioneer DJE-1500-K Professional DJ In-Ear Headphonestagged by joe, 8/6/14
- productSony MH1 Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productThermaltake, In-ear Headsettagged by System, 12/31/11
- productVSONIC VC1000tagged by YOT, 6/26/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sturdy budget earphones, best bang for the buck? (Mostly for text) Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. Last post on 2/10/17 at 10:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Does it make sense to buy IEM's that match the DAC? Last post on 7/21/13 at 4:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- GR02 vs GR99 vs GR04 vs MH1C Last post on 11/4/12 at 3:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all of...
UP with the Encasement of Sound! When I heard the Shanling UP, I was perplexed. I had read many a comment espousing the virtues of the Audioquest Dragonfly Black (DFB), and especially the Red...
To begin with, I would like to thank iFi for making this great tour and allowing some of us to test this product. I've been enjoying my original micro iDSD since January 2015 and it is really a...
-- **This review is a sample portion from the full thread: Meet the Puresounds Earbud Family.** **All photos are taken by me.** **Disclaimer - I was provided the Puresounds...
There comes a time you're bored from your audio gear. You don't have a grand or two for a new set of ultra high end headphones to give you that fresh kick, and electronics costing as much as your...
The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 122
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I purchased the HA-FX40 a few weeks back after reading about them here (of course). They definitely needed some break-in time, as the treble sounded a bit shrill on female vocals to my ears.
After several days, they did indeed smooth out & became quite enjoyable to use (especially for the price) I feel these are a step above the AT-CK50As and pretty close to my newest go to IEMs, the Meelectroinics NE-770X, which I recently scored w/ their 1/2 off trade in deal. The 770X's seem to produce a fuller soundstage, and they fit really well in my ears to produce a tight seal. The JVC's require a bit more effort to get seated in correctly, however it may just be that I need to roll thru more tips to find a better fitting pair.
Still & all, so amazing to see/hear what you can get for around $25 these days!
So I have given the FX101s so time and a bit of burn it. I like them a lot, considering I have so many other ear bud/IEMs. For the price they can't be beat - at least that I know of. The cool thing is, because they are cheap (by "our" standards, I have already started to mode them a bit.
First, I just put Comply Tips (T-400s fit fine). Make them fit better for me and does increase the overall sound quality a bit.
Also, because I can walk down the street and buy a pair at will and my biggest complaint is lack of iphone mic/controls (I use the mic and volume control a lot so prefer buds/IEMS/headphones with iphone-specific functionality (sometimes very limiting). I know you can buy a mic'd version of the JVCs (which I did on amazon for the heck of it, but the come with a generic mic, no volume control which is a must have for me). So - I decided to cut the JVC's casing open (did not snap open like I had hoped - there is rubber strip that holds the casing together), took an iphone ear bud cord/mic (white one that comes with the iphone), detached the crappy earbuds and soddered the white cable with the mic/volume controls to the new JVCs. I did have to superglue the casing back together which made them a bit unsightly, so I filed off the extra glue and took flat black model paint and gave it a coat to clean things up. We will see how long it lasts (lets hope my modding/soddering skills were adequate) but right now, I am rocking the FX101s with a full, operational iphone mic/in-control that, for all intensive purposes, I can not "baby" like I do my more expensive headphones!
Okay cool, my pair has around 8 or so right now, and sounds great for hip-hop and the such......
but then it went to Amon Amarth's "Beheading of a King". Oh god my ears, the treble ate them with knives. Time to hide these puppies for more burn in.
Yea I enjoy the 101's for EDM and Hip Hop, I have started to switch back to my CK50's for rock and classical though. Vocals on the 101's sound a little muffled sometimes as well, not enough to really bother me.
The FX40 are insanely good for the price! Having said that, can we ethically purchase thiese and take advantage of the mentally ill?
Edited by Rainbow Randy - 5/28/12 at 7:12pm
Uh.. wut? Buying an FX40 is taking advantage of the mentally ill?
For everyone that just got them.. Happy listening fellas and greets from the Grand Canyon. Everyone must check out the Grand Canyon at least once in their lifetime. It will be good for your soul..But in the mean time keep em on the burn!
Good to know, thanks
I have both the 40 and 101 with about 100 hrs of burn in. Wow great set for around 40 bucks I use 101's for the gym ( electronica,rock,rap/hip hop) and the 40's while at work (acoustic/live recordings/indie/classical) I use comply tips on both.
- The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 55 seconds ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 56 seconds ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Official Sony NW-WM1Z/ NW-WM1A Flagship DAP (Live From IFA 2016) 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › V-MODA XS - V-MODA M-80s upgraded - Pictures and more! [Discussion,... 2 minutes ago
- › Review on HtC 10 and Sound quality (AQstic Dedicated Integrated DAC) 2 minutes ago
- › Westone W80 3 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 3 minutes ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › AKG K92 | Over Ear Closed Back Monitoring Headphone by SaturnVuk
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear