The bass is awesome, it really compliments everything else in the tracks that i listen to.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productJVC HA-FX101tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productJVC HA-FX40-B Earphone - KV6902tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productPhilips SHE3580/28 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productPhilips SHE9700tagged by System, 1/7/12
- productPioneer DJE-1500-K Professional DJ In-Ear Headphonestagged by joe, 8/6/14
- productSony MH1 Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productThermaltake, In-ear Headsettagged by System, 12/31/11
- productVSONIC VC1000tagged by YOT, 6/26/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sturdy budget earphones, best bang for the buck? (Mostly for text) Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. Last post on 11/18/16 at 2:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Does it make sense to buy IEM's that match the DAC? Last post on 7/21/13 at 4:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- GR02 vs GR99 vs GR04 vs MH1C Last post on 11/4/12 at 3:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Deep, Dark but not Handsome?! Disclaimer Firstly, I would like to thank Pandora for sending these to me for the purpose of this review. All impressions will be made from an objective...
Even at their current $89 price, I consider the Klipsch R6s an excellent value. They are fundamentally honest about what you put into them. Although they reveal a great deal about each recording,...
With my head laid back, eyes closed, and feet tapping to the beat, I can’t help but be thankful for some of the audio equipment that I have. Thankfully, Justin Weber, owner of Ampsandsound,...
Acknowledgment It’s always a privilege to check out new gear in exchange for your honest opinion. Thanks, iFi, for letting me in on this particular party. I’ve been borrowing this unit...
Introduction I have recently had the good fortune to review 1More’s excellent Triple Driver 1001 In Ear Monitors and their MK802 Bluetooth full-sized headphone and was left extremely impressed...
The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 122
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I purchased the HA-FX40 a few weeks back after reading about them here (of course). They definitely needed some break-in time, as the treble sounded a bit shrill on female vocals to my ears.
After several days, they did indeed smooth out & became quite enjoyable to use (especially for the price) I feel these are a step above the AT-CK50As and pretty close to my newest go to IEMs, the Meelectroinics NE-770X, which I recently scored w/ their 1/2 off trade in deal. The 770X's seem to produce a fuller soundstage, and they fit really well in my ears to produce a tight seal. The JVC's require a bit more effort to get seated in correctly, however it may just be that I need to roll thru more tips to find a better fitting pair.
Still & all, so amazing to see/hear what you can get for around $25 these days!
So I have given the FX101s so time and a bit of burn it. I like them a lot, considering I have so many other ear bud/IEMs. For the price they can't be beat - at least that I know of. The cool thing is, because they are cheap (by "our" standards, I have already started to mode them a bit.
First, I just put Comply Tips (T-400s fit fine). Make them fit better for me and does increase the overall sound quality a bit.
Also, because I can walk down the street and buy a pair at will and my biggest complaint is lack of iphone mic/controls (I use the mic and volume control a lot so prefer buds/IEMS/headphones with iphone-specific functionality (sometimes very limiting). I know you can buy a mic'd version of the JVCs (which I did on amazon for the heck of it, but the come with a generic mic, no volume control which is a must have for me). So - I decided to cut the JVC's casing open (did not snap open like I had hoped - there is rubber strip that holds the casing together), took an iphone ear bud cord/mic (white one that comes with the iphone), detached the crappy earbuds and soddered the white cable with the mic/volume controls to the new JVCs. I did have to superglue the casing back together which made them a bit unsightly, so I filed off the extra glue and took flat black model paint and gave it a coat to clean things up. We will see how long it lasts (lets hope my modding/soddering skills were adequate) but right now, I am rocking the FX101s with a full, operational iphone mic/in-control that, for all intensive purposes, I can not "baby" like I do my more expensive headphones!
Okay cool, my pair has around 8 or so right now, and sounds great for hip-hop and the such......
but then it went to Amon Amarth's "Beheading of a King". Oh god my ears, the treble ate them with knives. Time to hide these puppies for more burn in.
Yea I enjoy the 101's for EDM and Hip Hop, I have started to switch back to my CK50's for rock and classical though. Vocals on the 101's sound a little muffled sometimes as well, not enough to really bother me.
The FX40 are insanely good for the price! Having said that, can we ethically purchase thiese and take advantage of the mentally ill?
Edited by Rainbow Randy - 5/28/12 at 7:12pm
Uh.. wut? Buying an FX40 is taking advantage of the mentally ill?
For everyone that just got them.. Happy listening fellas and greets from the Grand Canyon. Everyone must check out the Grand Canyon at least once in their lifetime. It will be good for your soul..But in the mean time keep em on the burn!
Good to know, thanks
I have both the 40 and 101 with about 100 hrs of burn in. Wow great set for around 40 bucks I use 101's for the gym ( electronica,rock,rap/hip hop) and the 40's while at work (acoustic/live recordings/indie/classical) I use comply tips on both.
- The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 2 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 21 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT-150 + velour pads and headband 51 seconds ago
- › Whiplash Elite Reference Line Out Dock 30-pin for iPod/iPhone 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR-1000X 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 4 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 4 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 4 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi In-Ear Headphones Pro HD (2 +1 Hybrid) 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by dnun8086
- › Klipsch R6m Black In Ear Headphone by 1mctous
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by Smazz
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD Black Label by glassmonkey
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by Peddler
- › iFi Audio iEMatch Headphone Travel Accessory by Hisoundfi
- › Soundaware Esther by ambchang
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Hisoundfi
- › HiFiMAN Edition S by Aornic
- › Accutone Taurus by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear