or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 1210

post #18136 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEMagnet01 View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
So apparently I'm not allowed to quote any long posts here unless I follow it up with long posts, while long standing head'fiers can quote long posts with short one sentence replies like the ones above? I don't quite have the clout maybe?

 

 

I'm not really sure who/what you are responding to above, and this isn't directed at you in particular - I only mention it now because you mention "quoting long posts". One option when quoting a long post is to then put it into a spoiler (like I did above). By doing so, the quoted stuff is there for anyone to look at if they want to, but it doesn't take up a lot of real estate. Just a thought.

post #18137 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson73 View Post
 

Dsnuts, does the Doppio have more or less bass than the Tenore?

 

Mackem,

 

If you're looking for under $100 IEM, I'd try the Tenore or Gratitude.  Tenore if you want better vocals with less bass than Basso (still enough bass for me), Gratitude if you want better highs, better detail, and slightly less bass than Basso.

if the Doppios are tuned anywhere near or like the TDK BA-200, then there is plenty of bass in the DUAL BA. As far as I'm concerned, the TDK has the best bass response of any dual ba i've ever tried, and they spank the UE 700, FA DBA02, ATCK10, and Q-JAYS in quality tuned bass and mids in a dual BA. Yes they fall quite short in treble extension to all of them, but I'll take some gas out of the treble to bring the bass up more. 

post #18138 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
 

 

I'm not really sure who/what you are responding to above, and this isn't directed at you in particular - I only mention it now because you mention "quoting long posts". One option when quoting a long post is to then put it into a spoiler (like I did above). By doing so, the quoted stuff is there for anyone to look at if they want to, but it doesn't take up a lot of real estate. Just a thought.

thanks Waynes. I appreciate the heads up. 

post #18139 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

 

I did, however, get a chance to sneak-listen to the On1, This is Thinksound's first headphone (it looks like an on-ear but fits over ear to me). 

 

<snip>

 

Again, I need to find out more how Aaron tuned these headphones, but it's blowing my mind! I can't say it's equal yet (need more listening and burn-in), but the sound out of the box is almost as good and as refined as the KEF M500 (KEF is more on the cooler or analytical side in its sound signature though).

 

Thanks for getting yet another music listening gizmo onto my radar ericp10! Looking forward to more impressions. I see that they are priced the same as the M500's, so the comparisons will be interesting!

post #18140 of 32858

That said...I've been trying to give proper attention to my TDK BA-200, as they are brand new to my collection, but I just seem to keep reaching for my OM Audio InEarPeace. I guess I like the the treble extension WITH refined bass more?

post #18141 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson73 View Post
 

Dsnuts, does the Doppio have more or less bass than the Tenore?

 

Mackem,

 

If you're looking for under $100 IEM, I'd try the Tenore or Gratitude.  Tenore if you want better vocals with less bass than Basso (still enough bass for me), Gratitude if you want better highs, better detail, and slightly less bass than Basso.

I tried my friends Gratitude. I couldn't get a comfortable fit.

 

I know a lot of IEMs these days require insertion by looping over the ear or produce better comfort by looping over the ear, but I haven't tried any that can't be worn straight down. Most IEM's I've used can be worn straight down or over the ear. I don't have thick frames or anything. 


Edited by Mackem - 1/3/14 at 11:01am
post #18142 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackem View Post
 

I tried my friends Gratitude. I couldn't get a comfortable fit.

 

I know a lot of IEMs these days require insertion by looping over the ear or produce better comfort by looping over the ear, but I haven't tried any that can't be worn straight down. Most IEM's I've used can be worn straight down or over the ear. I don't have thick frames or anything. 

Sounds to me you are in need of the OM Audio InEarpeace? 

 

http://www.onecall.com/om-audio-inearpeace-black-in-ear-headphone-w-mic-and-remote-for-apple

 

$30.00 off by using the code "Moe"

 

so $120.00 for a stellar sounding hybrid with bass and clarity and amazingly comfortable?? This is what stood out to me almost as much as the sound quality is the damn fit. They say they have some technology that takes pressure off the inner ear or something? I dunno? All I know is that they fit my wonky ears perfectly, and comfortably. 

post #18143 of 32858

How is the OM vs. the M200?

post #18144 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEMagnet01 View Post
 

if the Doppios are tuned anywhere near or like the TDK BA-200, then there is plenty of bass in the DUAL BA. As far as I'm concerned, the TDK has the best bass response of any dual ba i've ever tried, and they spank the UE 700, FA DBA02, ATCK10, and Q-JAYS in quality tuned bass and mids in a dual BA. Yes they fall quite short in treble extension to all of them, but I'll take some gas out of the treble to bring the bass up more. 

I have the TDK BA-200 and also find them to be short in treble extension.  Tenore has more bass (punchy) than the BA-200, equal vocals, and better treble extension, so I prefer them over the BA-200.

post #18145 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackem View Post
 

I tried my friends Gratitude. I couldn't get a comfortable fit.

 

I know a lot of IEMs these days require insertion by looping over the ear or produce better comfort by looping over the ear, but I haven't tried any that can't be worn straight down. Most IEM's I've used can be worn straight down or over the ear. I don't have thick frames or anything. 

I wear both Gratitude and Tenore straight down. Only one of the stock Gratitude tips fit comfortably for me (largest round one).  However, I found the meeletronics double flange to fit better.  I use them on Gratitude, Tenore, and Basso.

post #18146 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackem View Post
 

I tried my friends Gratitude. I couldn't get a comfortable fit.

 

I know a lot of IEMs these days require insertion by looping over the ear or produce better comfort by looping over the ear, but I haven't tried any that can't be worn straight down. Most IEM's I've used can be worn straight down or over the ear. I don't have thick frames or anything. 

they need the right tips, with deep insertion the housing doesnt get in the way, otherwise it can be uncomfortable.

post #18147 of 32858

+1. I couldn't get a good fit myself with the gratitudes. They fit rather shallow in the ear canals and I just could find the right tip that gave me a good seal. A longer tip would definitely help. 

post #18148 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhazard View Post
 

How is the OM vs. the M200?

The M200 is much smoother, with laid back treble and hard hitting bass. The OM has more lively mids and highs, and balanced bass. More refined bass than the M200. 

post #18149 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjazz View Post

Sounds interesting, wondering how the Thinksounds compare to some other well regarded headphones, looking forward to more info.
Got a promo from ALO, about the Premium InEar Stagedriver 2 and 3, sounded appealing, some good reviews, anyone have any experience?
Enjoying my Onkyo in ears, these have gotten less play than they should have imo.
Also spending a good amount of time with the Westone W4, some with the W3, these are really nice iems. Both being replaced by Westone with new models, W3 available in the approx $150 range, good deal. The W4 hasn't dropped that much, at least not that I've seen them in the $300 range (list about $500), used for $250 or so, probably better deals around. I think at the clearance prices, well worth getting.
Just sayin'

I'm with you on the Onkyo's, I really like them and use them quite often.
post #18150 of 32858

Wow, it seems like you're really loving these OM's. Might get a pair myself.


Edited by kahaluu - 1/3/14 at 11:57am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153