or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 1196

post #17926 of 32904
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post
 

 

 

I wouldn't say that at all. I think the M200 are more detailed, more opened and more refined. Yet, the DN-1K is a very good sounding IEM. I was digging it this morning. But going upward in sound (with the caveat that all three are very good) >> DN-1K ....  M200  .... H3 for my ears.


did you ever have fit issues with them? how did you solve them if so? i might get them because $125 is a steal and i can just give my re-400's to my brother as a late christmas present or something, haha.

post #17927 of 32904

Not really as bad as others did, but I tip rolled and found other tips that were more comfortable than stock tips (i.e. UE900, Comply, and MEEl). Then again, if you have small ear canals (meaning you generally use small tips when you buy earphones) It's probably not going to work out for you.

post #17928 of 32904

Sad for me too.. My replacement M200 died on me again...on the right LF driver.

Sick of getting replacement for it now.. this is my 3rd pair already.. each darn pair couldnt last me over 2 months.. maybe it's a sign I listened too high a volume? Keep it on burn-in too much? Didn't have any such problems with my other IEMs though.. even failure-prone Yamaha EPH-100 is still going strong..

Then again, could just be my luck.. bad batch? Have a really bad year with electronics with the M200, my laptop, camera and phone all failing on me this year than all the years before this combined..

Sucks as M200 has such a great SQ.. oh wells.. so I'm on the lookout for a new IEM

Falling back on the Sony MH1 for now

post #17929 of 32904
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post
 

Not really as bad as others did, but I tip rolled and found other tips that were more comfortable than stock tips (i.e. UE900, Comply, and MEEl). Then again, if you have small ear canals (meaning you generally use small tips when you buy earphones) It's probably not going to work out for you.


i read that about the ue900 tips but i have no clue where to buy them. i'll get some complys if i get them even though i'm not a big fan of foams. i tend to use medium auvio tips or medium sony hybrids, so i think i'll be okay.

post #17930 of 32904
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnkcow View Post
 

Sad for me too.. My replacement M200 died on me again...on the right LF driver.

Sick of getting replacement for it now.. this is my 3rd pair already.. each darn pair couldnt last me over 2 months.. maybe it's a sign I listened too high a volume? Keep it on burn-in too much? Didn't have any such problems with my other IEMs though.. even failure-prone Yamaha EPH-100 is still going strong..

Then again, could just be my luck.. bad batch? Have a really bad year with electronics with the M200, my laptop, camera and phone all failing on me this year than all the years before this combined..

Sucks as M200 has such a great SQ.. oh wells.. so I'm on the lookout for a new IEM

Falling back on the Sony MH1 for now

The left LF driver went t!ts up on me after 2 days, and since KEF couldn't find my IEM's in the system even after I gave them two serial numbers, and I guarantee are authentic, I just contacted the seller and they are giving me a full refund. KEF customer service was a bit of a let down, with the offer of a "discounted" pair as replacements. NO THANKS. With three different head'fiers telling me they had MULTIPLE issues with LF drivers going out on them, and now you coming forward, I'm just gonna go in a different direction for now. I'm gonna miss that silky smooth, detailed and engaging sound of the M200, but build quality is just as important as sound quality as far as i'm concerned. 

post #17931 of 32904

I've got a pair of OM Audio InEarPeace hybrids coming my way, and I'm really excited about getting these and trying them out. I'm hoping they'll take away some of the hurt of losing the M200 so darned quickly? I'll offer a comparison soon enough. 

 

post #17932 of 32904

I'm interested in your impressions on that Inearpiece when you get it.

post #17933 of 32904
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEMagnet01 View Post
 

Please let me know when you get yours what you think of them, and if they will be worth the investment?

Sure thing, and I hope you will be able to post your impressions with the om inearpeace! I know you will, but I want the white version impressions or I'm discounting your thoughts. :tongue_smile: 

 

jk

 

I'm sorry to hear the problems you had with the kef customer service, I sure hope you will be able to get another pair of the m200s eventually, or possibly have the inearpiece earphones have the same SQ for a better fit and price! Good luck, friend.

post #17934 of 32904
Quote:
Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post


are you saying the dn-1000's are less balanced? in what way? personally i like as close to to neutral as i can get since i listen to a wide variety of genres. i currently use the re-400's which i feel are great for that but sometimes lack a little in the bass impact department and i want an upgrade. 

dn1000 has a more forward highs compared to the m200. They still sound well balanced but I think it's has a slight v-shaped signature. You will not have a problem with various genres coz they are a good all-rounder. Personally the only genre I don't use them with is heavy metal because I have the h200 for that.
post #17935 of 32904
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEMagnet01 View Post
 

I've got a pair of OM Audio InEarPeace hybrids coming my way, and I'm really excited about getting these and trying them out. I'm hoping they'll take away some of the hurt of losing the M200 so darned quickly? I'll offer a comparison soon enough. 

 

looking forward. all these hybrids are becoming a new standard

post #17936 of 32904

Seriously though, these Samsung dual driver IEMs with ultimate ears tips.  God damn are they an awesome, fun IEMs to listen to.

post #17937 of 32904
Quote:
Originally Posted by jekostas View Post
 

Seriously though, these Samsung dual driver IEMs with ultimate ears tips.  God damn are they an awesome, fun IEMs to listen to.

My Samsung's arrive tomorrow. I paid $5.00 for dual driver IEM's. That in itself is ridiculous. ClieOS apparently likes them, and if they turn out to be as good as my Vsonics, or even 80% of the KEF M200, then I'll be happy and at $5.00 will be a STEAL!


Edited by IEMagnet01 - 12/30/13 at 11:04pm
post #17938 of 32904
Quote:
Originally Posted by d marc0 View Post

Another happy DN1000 owner! Congratulations meng!

Stop this...I must resist........smily_headphones1.gif
post #17939 of 32904
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEMagnet01 View Post

I've got a pair of OM Audio InEarPeace hybrids coming my way, and I'm really excited about getting these and trying them out. I'm hoping they'll take away some of the hurt of losing the M200 so darned quickly? I'll offer a comparison soon enough. 



Those look really nice. Looking forward to your impression on them.
Edited by peter123 - 12/31/13 at 12:56am
post #17940 of 32904
Just bought a pair of Musical Fidelity 's new iems - the EB-33.

Cost £79.

Sound really really lovely.
.
Not many reviews out there yet but worth a punt, says me.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153