or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 1188

post #17806 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEMagnet01 View Post
 

no problem. It's these discovery threads that's brought me my KEF's, my soon to be arriving Samsung's, my SHE3580's, and my VSonics, so I know exactly what you mean. 

     I feel ya, man. It's the Discovery Thread that also brought me to my now-broken 3580s (faulty wire) and the Pistons. With their guidance, my journey for the pursuit of aural paradise is paved. Because of that, I gave a shout-out to you guys on my Pistons review on my final revision. It's been only a year, and I've learned a lot from you guys. You guys are all great people, and I'm honored to meet you all. I hope we could actually meet at a headphone meet somewhere in the future.

post #17807 of 32858

So are there any less heavy alternatives to the DN-1000? 

post #17808 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEMagnet01 View Post
 

I found a nice comfortable way to wear my KEF M200, and I'm absolutely loving the amazingly smooth sound coming from these gems. Fit is not an issue, and once I looked online and got some pointers on comfort, I'm so glad I pulled these from the market. The more they burn in, the better they get and the more details I hear coming out of my songs. 

the tips were the biggest thing for me, what else did you do?

post #17809 of 32858

Can someone link me to a page where I can purchase the Havi B3? I'm really considering the purchase and I'm thinking about going with the enhanced edition.

post #17810 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7S Cameron View Post

Can someone link me to a page where I can purchase the Havi B3? I'm really considering the purchase and I'm thinking about going with the enhanced edition.

http://www.ugomark.com/taobao/view/id/35700828655

Try contacting this agent and have them confirm that they can get you the version you want.
post #17811 of 32858
Well I expect another reliable head-fier to comment soon and verify I'm not crazy in hearing the H3 as incredible as I do. I think these spank the Ex1000 quite good (based on memory).
post #17812 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

Well I expect another reliable head-fier to comment soon and verify I'm not crazy in hearing the H3 as incredible as I do. I think these spank the Ex1000 quite good (based on memory).

They are both very expensive IEM's, which is what they both have in common. Since I've only owned the XBA-30 and the low pro Sony IEM's, I can't comment on sound.
post #17813 of 32858
Since in the few days I've has my M200, I can say that they may very well be better than my UE TF10. It almost feels like blasphemy saying it, but I couldn't take them off last night, and the more they burn in, the more detailed and engaging they become. They are as engaging as the Sennheiser IE800, with slightly smaller soundstage, and easily whip the XBA-30, Sennheiser IE80, JVC FXT90, and HiFiMan 272. IMHO.
post #17814 of 32858
M200 is a great earphone.
post #17815 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

M200 is a great earphone.

they are indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEMagnet01 View Post

Since in the few days I've has my M200, I can say that they may very well be better than my UE TF10. It almost feels like blasphemy saying it, but I couldn't take them off last night, and the more they burn in, the more detailed and engaging they become. They are as engaging as the Sennheiser IE800, with slightly smaller soundstage, and easily whip the XBA-30, Sennheiser IE80, JVC FXT90, and HiFiMan 272. IMHO.

the tf10 are a different phone though, crisper highs and more lively sound.

the m200 are a unique sound with very impressive and believable bass. mids are clean but dont stand out while the highs keep smooth.

both dont have great fit (tf10 fit fine with the swap mod and m200 improve with better tips)

 

it really comes down to preference

post #17816 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyostrow View Post
 

they are indeed

the tf10 are a different phone though, crisper highs and more lively sound.

the m200 are a unique sound with very impressive and believable bass. mids are clean but dont stand out while the highs keep smooth.

both dont have great fit (tf10 fit fine with the swap mod and m200 improve with better tips)

 

it really comes down to preference

The TF10 fit me like a champ. The large stock tips plug right in, seal beautifully, and don't budge. The M200 I use the large stock tips, lock them in, and then wear them with the wire positioned straight down instead of angled through the ear crease, and lock the straps at the top of my ear instead of back of the ear and around, and the fit and comfort are supreme too. I got this from the M500/M200 thread and online, and this seems to be the most comfortable way to get a solid fit with the M200

 

 

post #17817 of 32858

oh and I EQ'd the KEF's to bring out the treble and highlight the mids and highs as to bring out more detail in the music, and subdue the bass, while still retaining that beautifully full and articulate bass these IEM's possess. 

post #17818 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyostrow View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEMagnet01 View Post

 
I found a nice comfortable way to wear my KEF M200, and I'm absolutely loving the amazingly smooth sound coming from these gems. Fit is not an issue, and once I looked online and got some pointers on comfort, I'm so glad I pulled these from the market. The more they burn in, the better they get and the more details I hear coming out of my songs. 
the tips were the biggest thing for me, what else did you do?

Same question-been using the Comply TSX large,or the included large, and they give me pretty good seal, though not perfect. Sound is great (I, who is often the most cranky about iem fit, don't mind the over ear configuration at all, though it does make it a bit difficult to wiggle the KEF;s to get the last smidgen of seal). Do love the sound on these. Another iem that had a short play around here, and I recently got: Onkyo ie-HF300. Another bizarre shaped ism, but I also managed with the complys to get a decent fit, shallow fit, strange cable, but MAN…soundstage up the wazoo, great bass, nice open soundfield/space between instruments…these sound better than they should for not too much dinero.
Just sayin'…
Edited by doctorjazz - 12/26/13 at 7:24pm
post #17819 of 32858
Oops, posted before I got to the end of the thread (about the KEF's), though I don't quite get the details of the position you use for the loop. Should go to the thread and read it there, try to in a few minutes.
post #17820 of 32858
So one of my friends just got the Fiio E11. I plugged it into my phone and listened to my AD900X. HOLY ****! I am literally blown away by the sound and it makes me happy to own them. Now I DEFINITELY need an amp.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153