or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 1186

post #17776 of 32875
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuphonicArin View Post


exactly which meelec tips work for these?

I imagine the double flange wide bore? I've got three pairs of those, and this IEM on order. I ended up selling my KEF M200 (comfort was negligible, but sound is amazing) and my JVC FXT90, so this will be my only pair of dual dynamics until I upgrade in the next couple weeks. 

post #17777 of 32875

YEP

post #17778 of 32875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastapipo View Post
 

http://www.eforchina.com/view/148847/Mosidun-Noodle-Style-High-Performance-In-Ear-Headphones--with-Mic--for-iPhone--iPod---iPad--Samsung-Galaxy-SIII---i9300---N7100---i9100---i8190--Black---Length--1.2m.htm

 

Mosidun "earpods" are really decent sounding earbuds. And for 6 dollar a no-brainer. 

 

The earpods are mid bass minded and mildly V shaped. 

The sound is sometimes a bit cold/thin, but every instrument is represented adequately. 

Well balanced and nothing too loud or coloured. They lack the detail and soundstage found on more expensive earbuds but they offer the best sound quality you could ask from a 6 dollar earbud.

Vocals, bass and build quality are extraordinary. 

 

Great for: Electronic music, Rock, Pop, Urban.

Not so Good: Metal (gets muddy), Classical (too bassy, loss of detail)

 

If you're looking for cheap Apple earbud alternatives, do not look any further. 

Mosidun makes good cheap earbuds. They aren't mindblowing, but definitely good for $6.

post #17779 of 32875
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEMagnet01 View Post
 

I imagine the double flange wide bore? I've got three pairs of those, and this IEM on order. I ended up selling my KEF M200 (comfort was negligible, but sound is amazing) and my JVC FXT90, so this will be my only pair of dual dynamics until I upgrade in the next couple weeks. 

Add this as your next Dual Dynamic for $40. Ask for the Professional version.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=35700828655

 

I sold my KEF M200 as well, and I prefer these to it in accuracy. The KEF had stronger bass, but these are way more comfortable, and just as accurate, if not more.

post #17780 of 32875
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhazard View Post
 

Add this as your next Dual Dynamic for $40. Ask for the Professional version.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=35700828655

 

I sold my KEF M200 as well, and I prefer these to it in accuracy. The KEF had stronger bass, but these are way more comfortable, and just as accurate, if not more.

The Havi B3? It's an interesting earphone (pretty cheap too), but does it come in other colors? :p

I'd like to have those as my next purchase...see if it sounds better than these Pistons. Then again, I think I should get the older ones, to see what changed between them. The results might be really valuable info for those of you who already own them. Oh well...I guess I'll just wait for my dad to buy them if he finally decides on it (he's really indecisive :D).

 

Strangely though, Havi's Chinese characters mean Harvey...Jerry Harvey?

post #17781 of 32875
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatBeatsguy View Post
 

The Havi B3? It's an interesting earphone (pretty cheap too), but does it come in other colors? :p

I'd like to have those as my next purchase...see if it sounds better than these Pistons. Then again, I think I should get the older ones, to see what changed between them. The results might be really valuable info for those of you who already own them. Oh well...I guess I'll just wait for my dad to buy them if he finally decides on it (he's really indecisive :D).

 

Strangely though, Havi's Chinese characters mean Harvey...Jerry Harvey?

Havi "Harvey" Audio, yep. I don't believe it is the same guy. Strangely enough, they are based in New Jersey, yet they aren't sold in the US yet.

 

I guarantee it will sound better than the Pistons. It's my new favorite IEM, and I switch between it and my Gratitudes as my top 2 IEMs. More neutral than the Moe SS-01 and Hifiman RE-400 as well. Neutral bass (not strong), but man, everything else is near perfect. No different colors, but the 4 parallel wiring, OFC, tempered glass, dual dynamic drivers for $40 is a steal.

 

Get the "Professional" version though. The "Enhanced" version sounds like it would be a typical V signature.

post #17782 of 32875
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhazard View Post
 

Havi "Harvey" Audio, yep. I don't believe it is the same guy. Strangely enough, they are based in New Jersey, yet they aren't sold in the US yet.

 

I guarantee it will sound better than the Pistons. It's my new favorite IEM, and I switch between it and my Gratitudes as my top 2 IEMs. More neutral than the Moe SS-01 and Hifiman RE-400 as well. Neutral bass (not strong), but man, everything else is near perfect. No different colors, but the 4 parallel wiring, OFC, tempered glass, dual dynamic drivers for $40 is a steal.

 

Get the "Professional" version though. The "Enhanced" version sounds like it would be a typical V signature.

     I'm intrigued by the two versions of the B3. Is the Pro version more expensive? Right now I don't think I have the funds to go with the purchase, but if it had a similar look to the IE80 (refined, formal look) then I'd take it. The B3's housing looks like it's trying to make a fashion statement (black/red reminds me of B****). I'd like something more understated, because judging from the pictures, I'm willing to assume that it might be more of a head-turner than anticipated.

     I'm also quite perplexed with "everything else being near-perfect" as you say. I'm a basshead, so I really would like more bass. However, I crave a lot of sub-bass (like what the LCD-2 offers), so if the B3s do well in that respect, I might actually want to buy it. I'd also like really great positional accuracy, as well as great mids. I do not like sharp treble, so if it's pretty sibilant, then I should probably stay away.

     Also, there's one more thing. You said that you could "guarantee" that it will sound better than the Pistons. Does that mean you don't own the Pistons? And don't the Gratitudes (which you said was your other favorite) have a fun signature?

post #17783 of 32875
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatBeatsguy View Post
 

     I'm intrigued by the two versions of the B3. Is the Pro version more expensive? Right now I don't think I have the funds to go with the purchase, but if it had a similar look to the IE80 (refined, formal look) then I'd take it. The B3's housing looks like it's trying to make a fashion statement (black/red reminds me of B****). I'd like something more understated, because judging from the pictures, I'm willing to assume that it might be more of a head-turner than anticipated.

     I'm also quite perplexed with "everything else being near-perfect" as you say. I'm a basshead, so I really would like more bass. However, I crave a lot of sub-bass (like what the LCD-2 offers), so if the B3s do well in that respect, I might actually want to buy it. I'd also like really great positional accuracy, as well as great mids. I do not like sharp treble, so if it's pretty sibilant, then I should probably stay away.

     Also, there's one more thing. You said that you could "guarantee" that it will sound better than the Pistons. Does that mean you don't own the Pistons? And don't the Gratitudes (which you said was your other favorite) have a fun signature?

The Gratitudes are not bass heavy IEM's, and are definitely NOT v-shaped, hence not FUN in the typical definition of the "fun" IEM. The gratitudes ave the least bass presence of all the Monster product (well until the Nick Cannon N'rgy), but a much smoother signature with more refined mids and treble, and a smaller soundstsge. 

post #17784 of 32875
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatBeatsguy View Post

     I'm intrigued by the two versions of the B3. Is the Pro version more expensive? Right now I don't think I have the funds to go with the purchase, but if it had a similar look to the IE80 (refined, formal look) then I'd take it. The B3's housing looks like it's trying to make a fashion statement (black/red reminds me of B****). I'd like something more understated, because judging from the pictures, I'm willing to assume that it might be more of a head-turner than anticipated.
     I'm also quite perplexed with "everything else being near-perfect" as you say. I'm a basshead, so I really would like more bass. However, I crave a lot of sub-bass (like what the LCD-2 offers), so if the B3s do well in that respect, I might actually want to buy it. I'd also like really great positional accuracy, as well as great mids. I do not like sharp treble, so if it's pretty sibilant, then I should probably stay away.
     Also, there's one more thing. You said that you could "guarantee" that it will sound better than the Pistons. Does that mean you don't own the Pistons? And don't the Gratitudes (which you said was your other favorite) have a fun signature?

The Gratitude and Havi complement each other. The Gratitude is warm, has great bass, and does nearly everything great aside from slight coloring in the mids and highs. You'd love the Gratitude.

The Havi is pure accuracy though. It sounds really even with flat response to me. The Havi pro extends deep, but does require some bass boost to satisfy me. It reminds me of a deeper extending RE-400 for sure. It basically sits in between the RE-400 and M200 to me, and does it cheaper than a VSD1LE (another favorite). It needs an amp though.

The "extended" Havi sounds like it has more bass and more forward vocals, with less accuracy. They say it is colored, but they recommend it. I may buy it for the heck of it.

Dual drivers I've heard usually have better clarity than single drivers. I would believe the same over the piston, although that one is on its way to me too.
post #17785 of 32875
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhazard View Post
 

Add this as your next Dual Dynamic for $40. Ask for the Professional version.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=35700828655

 

I sold my KEF M200 as well, and I prefer these to it in accuracy. The KEF had stronger bass, but these are way more comfortable, and just as accurate, if not more.

Thanks! I like the look of these IEM's, and the color too. Is there a way to translate the page to order? Or can it be converted into english? I think I'm going to order these with your recommendation if you feel they are close to the M200 with better fit issues. The comfort and fit were the only reason I gave up on the M200. 

post #17786 of 32875
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEMagnet01 View Post

Thanks! I like the look of these IEM's, and the color too. Is there a way to translate the page to order? Or can it be converted into english? I think I'm going to order these with your recommendation if you feel they are close to the M200 with better fit issues. The comfort and fit were the only reason I gave up on the M200. 

Use Google chrome to auto translate the page.

Use a Taobao agent like Mistertao.com or ugomark.com. Copy the link into their search bar. They then purchase it for you, charge a bit for shipping + 8-10% commission, then ship to you with a tracking number. Mistertao takes pics before they ship too, which is cool.

You have to request which version you want though, the pro version or "extended" stock version (aka V signature, colored). If you don't mind neutral bass for more accuracy and have an amp, the pro version is awesome.

I can't say enough good things about them. They have me anxious to see what their B6 and B9 models will be. Just wish they would make it easier to buy.
post #17787 of 32875
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhazard View Post


Use Google chrome to auto translate the page.

Use a Taobao agent like Mistertao.com or ugomark.com. Copy the link into their search bar. They then purchase it for you, charge a bit for shipping + 8-10% commission, then ship to you with a tracking number. Mistertao takes pics before they ship too, which is cool.

You have to request which version you want though, the pro version or "extended" stock version (aka V signature, colored). If you don't mind neutral bass for more accuracy and have an amp, the pro version is awesome.

I can't say enough good things about them. They have me anxious to see what their B6 and B9 models will be. Just wish they would make it easier to buy.

i'll do that very thing, and I figured it out with google too. Thanks again. I'm really liking this thread, and I'm getting these HAVI B3 Pro. I've got a E11 amp, and it has a nice bass boost, so if the bass is not too far off south of neutral, and can be boosted into punchy region with the use of an amp, then I'm more interested in the Pro than the Extended. I like my bass and i like it present and punchy, but NOT at the expense of clarity and accuracy. This is why I love my TF10's. Perfect bass, but with no bleed and solid clarity and details with presence and transparency. 

post #17788 of 32875
Yep, the pro can take the bass boost, so I'd go that route. Make sure to request it in the order comments though. Mistertao seemed to have listened to me and purchased the pro version as requested.
post #17789 of 32875
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhazard View Post


The Gratitude and Havi complement each other. The Gratitude is warm, has great bass, and does nearly everything great aside from slight coloring in the mids and highs. You'd love the Gratitude.

The Havi is pure accuracy though. It sounds really even with flat response to me. The Havi pro extends deep, but does require some bass boost to satisfy me. It reminds me of a deeper extending RE-400 for sure. It basically sits in between the RE-400 and M200 to me, and does it cheaper than a VSD1LE (another favorite). It needs an amp though.

The "extended" Havi sounds like it has more bass and more forward vocals, with less accuracy. They say it is colored, but they recommend it. I may buy it for the heck of it.

Dual drivers I've heard usually have better clarity than single drivers. I would believe the same over the piston, although that one is on its way to me too.

   The B3 needs an amp? Okay...now I'm kinda rethinking how much I'm really spending on this thing. Will a FiiO E12 or E18 (FiiO's latest Amp+DAC combo) do the trick? Because since it needs an amp, I might have to invest a little over 1000 RMB (about $175) on the B3. 

 

   *sigh*

post #17790 of 32875
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatBeatsguy View Post
 

   The B3 needs an amp? Okay...now I'm kinda rethinking how much I'm really spending on this thing. Will a FiiO E12 or E18 (FiiO's latest Amp+DAC combo) do the trick? Because since it needs an amp, I might have to invest a little over 1000 RMB (about $175) on the B3. 

 

   *sigh*

I think he means you need an amp to boost the bass if you are into an emphasized bass sig. From your comments, you might want the Extended? I've owned several HiFiMan products, so I know how lacking in bass they are, so if these already have more bass than the HiFiMan, with similar detail and clarity, then a little boost with a FiiO amp should do the trick, and make for an enjoyable listening experience on a budget. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153