or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 1184

post #17746 of 32875
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhazard View Post
 

Going to test the S4 iem against my current favorite budget dual dynamic, the Havi B3.

 

The Havi is something else. Needs more love. I compared it to a more neutral RE-400, beating it in everything but the mids. 

http://www.ru.ugomark.com/taobao/view/id/35700828655

 

the HAVI B3 dual dynamic for those interested. 

 

I'll be pitting the Samsung against my JVC FXT90 when they arrive next week. Don't think a comparison to my M200's is fair, but I'll probably do it anyways? 

 

Look forward to your impressions.

post #17747 of 32875

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to all of you!!! 

post #17748 of 32875
Quote:
Originally Posted by jekostas View Post
 

So, after getting these in the mail today (yay before Christmas) I'm astounded they haven't gotten more attention.  Samsung EO-HS330, the stock headset shipped with the Samsung S4.  They're available on Amazon for like $6, but what's interesting is they're dual dynamics.  Sound pretty decent too - V-shaped sig, good clarity, bass is fairly well controlled and no sibilance.  You also get working volume controls for Android phones (they work great on my Nexus 5).

 

You do, however, have to toss the stock tips and supply your own, they are atrocious.  Smaller bore (Hybrids) give a more v-shaped sig, larger bore (MeElec) give a more balanced sig.

 

Do these come shipped with the Note 2 as well? Because my mom has a Note 2 and she doesn't really like them, so I might be able to 'borrow' them, if you know what I mean. :D

But anyway, Merry Christmas to y'all and Happy Holidays!

post #17749 of 32875
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatBeatsguy View Post
 

Do these come shipped with the Note 2 as well? Because my mom has a Note 2 and she doesn't really like them, so I might be able to 'borrow' them, if you know what I mean. :D

But anyway, Merry Christmas to y'all and Happy Holidays!

 

I've no idea, honestly, I bought mine on Amazon.  Make sure you replace the tips before you try them - Sony Hybrids are my current favourites.  Triple flanges from my Moxpads make them incredibly bassy

post #17750 of 32875
Filter mod is when you remove the filter on the nozzle ...and that's about it 😊
post #17751 of 32875
Quote:
Originally Posted by jekostas View Post
 

 

I've no idea, honestly, I bought mine on Amazon.  Make sure you replace the tips before you try them - Sony Hybrids are my current favourites.  Triple flanges from my Moxpads make them incredibly bassy

Alright, I'll give them a try then. I don't think I have any triple flanges lying around, but I'll use what I have.

Thanks! :beerchug:

post #17752 of 32875
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatBeatsguy View Post

Alright, I'll give them a try then. I don't think I have any triple flanges lying around, but I'll use what I have.
Thanks! beerchug.gif

I have a friend going to Shangai soon...Where can i ask him to get Piston gold version for 99rmb from a shop ?

Thanks and Merry Christmas.
post #17753 of 32875
Merry Christmas everyone beerchug.gif
post #17754 of 32875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wokei View Post


I have a friend going to Shanghai soon...Where can i ask him to get Piston gold version for 99rmb from a shop ?

Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Hmm...in Shanghai, huh? So far, I don't know where to get it other than online, but a seller from Taobao might have a physical shop somewhere. I'll look into that, and fill in the details.

 

Alright, quick update: So far you could only get the new Pistons (the gold ones, obviously) online. However, considering your friend will be in Shanghai, you could just have it ordered directly from their website. Land shipping would be free for orders above 100元 ($16.50) except the Xiaomi TV, so you might wanna add something extra to your purchase there (the Pistons are only 99元). How long will your friend be staying in Shanghai? If he stays for a week or more, he should have no problem receiving it. I'm not sure about international shipping, however, as that could take weeks and I haven't tried it.


Edited by thatBeatsguy - 12/24/13 at 7:11pm
post #17755 of 32875
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatBeatsguy View Post

Hmm...in Shanghai, huh? So far, I don't know where to get it other than online, but a seller from Taobao might have a physical shop somewhere. I'll look into that, and fill in the details.

Alright, quick update: So far you could only get the new Pistons (the gold ones, obviously) online. However, considering your friend will be in Shanghai, you could just have it ordered directly from their website. Land shipping would be free for orders above 100元 ($16.50) except the Xiaomi TV, so you might wanna add something extra to your purchase there (the Pistons are only 99元). How long will your friend be staying in Shanghai? If he stays for a week or more, he should have no problem receiving it. I'm not sure about international shipping, however, as that could take weeks and I haven't tried it.

Do they physical Xioami retail shop to buy from ?
Edited by Wokei - 12/24/13 at 7:40pm
post #17756 of 32875

Re: @Aurvana 3 - Last time they were mentioned (actually I mentioned them) on the thread they had just dropped to $70, pretty consistent intervals on camelcamelcamel. I'm not sure what this says about stock but I wouldn't wait for them to drop any lower.

 

Rest assured about sound, they are spectacularly agreeable.

post #17757 of 32875
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post
 

Re: @Aurvana 3 - Last time they were mentioned (actually I mentioned them) on the thread they had just dropped to $70, pretty consistent intervals on camelcamelcamel. I'm not sure what this says about stock but I wouldn't wait for them to drop any lower.

 

Rest assured about sound, they are spectacularly agreeable.

dual dynamic or dual balanced armature?

post #17758 of 32875
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEMagnet01 View Post
 

dual dynamic or dual balanced armature?

Dual BAs

post #17759 of 32875

A Sonion 2300 and a 2000. There are pics of them opened up on the internet. Can't recall the links.

So yes, BAs.

post #17760 of 32875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wokei View Post


Do they physical Xioami retail shop to buy from ?

     I thought I already told you that you could only order the Pistons online. The only physical 'shop' they have are their official repair outlets. I'm sorry, but that's all the information I have at the moment. They have no mention of any physical shop anywhere. Plus, you're looking for the new Pistons. The first-gen Pistons can be found in retail stores, but having to pinpoint one out of the many hundreds if not thousands of shops in Shanghai is too much of a hassle for me. I may only be living a couple of hours away from Shanghai, but I don't plan to go there anytime soon, so I'm afraid I have to apologize for that.

     As a side note, you didn't answer my question. How long will your friend be staying in Shanghai? Will he not stay in Shanghai? Xiaomi's delivery service is impressive, and I received my Pistons in less than 48 hours. Considering that Shanghai is only 2 hours away from my area, wouldn't it be just easier to have him order it directly from their website? If you keep asking me to find a physical retail store here in China, then I can help you no further.

     If you want to buy from their website, please do so here.


Edited by thatBeatsguy - 12/24/13 at 10:28pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153