or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 1173

post #17581 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post
 


Been busy finishing strong on my exams before the big holiday break. Glad you guys been finding them gems. Carry on my fellow sound seekers. I am always reading what people write on the threads so I may not post as much but I am always reading..

 

As for the Shures..This headphone is so much an ideal sound for me.They have performed better than expected for me..Really a top level sound and that is what it is all about. By the way. Don't believe that Too pro review you guys might read on Amazon from Dale thong.. He is completely wrong about the rolled off highs. I laugh when I read that as he makes it seem like these have a similar level of rolled of highs as something like a Sony XB sound or something. These don't have any rolled off highs to my ears at all especially after burn in.. For me it is hard to really point out anything in the sound I dislike..It is good to hear such a musical phone that don't sound so clinical or lean just to give a sense of space.. The sound just takes my breathe away at times. Yes these cans are spoiling my hearing..I find myself just sampling a tune or two just to be listening for hours on end...They are too good. Lol.

 

I will have the new L2s very soon and if they sound every bit as good as I heard them I am sure those will be winners as well.. Hope everyone gets what they wish for this Holiday season..

which shure headphone are you enjoying currently?

post #17582 of 32858
Thread Starter 

SRH1540. These are taking really all my head time. It is not fair for my others..But they are new but so damn good!

post #17583 of 32858

I see Joker decided to throw a 9/10 on those MOE iems.

post #17584 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post

HOUSTON DA'' BRICK HAS LANDED!!!









Man these Frosties in their stock form doesn't sound half bad. Worthy of "discovery" fo' sho. But they are a pain in the arse to drive properly. Needs some serious power, e17 on volume 50 with 12 gain and 5 on rockboxed sansa clip+.

This brick almost doesn't have enough juice to drive them on max power sitting, but THANK GOD it does. PHEEEEEEW!!!

You're in for a thrill smily_headphones1.gif

Regarding power, just wait til you start filling them up with all the god stuff. My modded pair (DBV 3'ish) is easily the most hard to drive headphones that I own.
post #17585 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter123 View Post


You're in for a thrill smily_headphones1.gif

Regarding power, just wait til you start filling them up with all the god stuff. My modded pair (DBV 3'ish) is easily the most hard to drive headphones that I own.


^ yeppp these buggers are as hard to drive as my cheapo beyer DT-250.  Though in their unmodded stock form these T50RPs kinda sound like an even more mellow version of those beyers. LoL

 

Easy on the ear fatigue_less listen for sure, stage not crazy wide or deep but pretty good, with nice mids and decent highs. Bass ain't too shabby as well. Was pleasantly surprised that they already sound this good unmodded. Not bad not bad at all........

post #17586 of 32858
You're getting me hyped Sf!
post #17587 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

You're getting me hyped Sf!


^ The hell you be talkin' about??? Shouldn't it be the other way around??? :blink: My set is still the piss poor unmodded peons meng while you have already gotten a taste of those godly n**gerfied ones.

 

How 'bout those AKG Sextitties though??? Talk about hype sheeeeeesh. :tongue: 


Edited by sfwalcer - 12/18/13 at 11:16pm
post #17588 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post


^ yeppp these buggers are as hard to drive as my cheapo beyer DT-250.  Though in their unmodded stock form these T50RPs kinda sound like an even more mellow version of those beyers. LoL

Easy on the ear fatigue_less listen for sure, stage not crazy wide or deep but pretty good, with nice mids and decent highs. Bass ain't too shabby as well. Was pleasantly surprised that they already sound this good unmodded. Not bad not bad at all........

I hear you. I also had a initial impression with these in their stock form that was way better than expected. For a while I even thought about keeping them stock but now I'm glad I didn't. To be honest I've been thinking about getting another pair to either keep stock or tune in another direction....
post #17589 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter123 View Post


I hear you. I also had a initial impression with these in their stock form that was way better than expected. For a while I even thought about keeping them stock but now I'm glad I didn't. To be honest I've been thinking about getting another pair to either keep stock or tune in another direction....


^ you hinting at that alpha direction??? ;)

 

Alphas are a bit too pricey/ fancy for my taste, i am sure they are good though or are you planning to go my way as well??? :ph34r:

post #17590 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post


^ you hinting at that alpha direction??? wink.gif

Alphas are a bit too pricey/ fancy for my taste, i am sure they are good though or are you planning to go my way as well??? ph34r.gif

I'm not sure yet. I will not get some already modded that's for sure.

I really like the way my current pair sounds so I don't want to fool around with them anymore. I'm thinking another pair to play around with and see what comes.

The path is the goal smily_headphones1.gif
post #17591 of 32858
Mh1c still sounds epic 😲 and any updates on the pistons???
post #17592 of 32858

Man, this thread moves fast.

 

After finnaly getting the TF10 again, and a brief listen, i can say the xba30 are just fine. Sony has a warmer tone/ a bit more midbass, but very comparable to my ears.


Edited by daveyostrow - 12/19/13 at 12:49pm
post #17593 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochill View Post

Mh1c still sounds epic 😲 and any updates on the pistons???

People just started finding out about them, so it will probably be 2 weeks at the earliest before impressions start popping up.

 

I got a pair of fake pistons the first time, and they sounded like garbage. I'll be able to tell instantly if a seller is selling a genuine or fake one.

post #17594 of 32858
Mine will be here by January 7 so I'll let you know if I got the real ones or not 😊
post #17595 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochill View Post

Mh1c still sounds epic 😲 and any updates on the pistons???

 

Could this be the MH1c killer that we've all been waiting for? But it's still twice the price of the Sony's...

I still can't believe that after all the upgrades I've gone through, I still pull out my MH1 when I'm on-the-go!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153