Holy crap, 794 posts since I last viewed this thread. Anything else the new FOTM? Sent the H1s back to Sony for a refund so still on the lookout for an upgrade from the Bassos.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productJVC HA-FX101tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productJVC HA-FX40-B Earphone - KV6902tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productPhilips SHE3580/28 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productPhilips SHE9700tagged by System, 1/7/12
- productPioneer DJE-1500-K Professional DJ In-Ear Headphonestagged by joe, 8/6/14
- productSony MH1 Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productThermaltake, In-ear Headsettagged by System, 12/31/11
- productVSONIC VC1000tagged by YOT, 6/26/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sturdy budget earphones, best bang for the buck? (Mostly for text) Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. Last post on 11/18/16 at 2:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Does it make sense to buy IEM's that match the DAC? Last post on 7/21/13 at 4:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- GR02 vs GR99 vs GR04 vs MH1C Last post on 11/4/12 at 3:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Brainwavz Intro ABOUT US Brainwavz provides high-end earphones specifically designed for high-quality sound and tailor-made to provide the user with a solution that can be used across a wide range...
Lindemann musicbook:10 DSD A Serious Common Denominator | PREVIOUS REVIEW | REVIEW INDEX | NEXT REVIEW | INTRODUCTION Angles of Approach There’s always been a certain connotation...
http://www.fidue.com/content/view?brand=fidue_en&item=81&core=news Fidue have been active for some years now and they seem to have release great quality products / earphones. Personally,...
Beyerdynamic has been a tried and true brand for me over the years. In fact, their T70p was my first ever headphone I purchased over $200 (how the times have changed). Their quality and...
I am really disappointed with these cans. I have a Koss Porta Pro and I was waiting at least a closer quality compared to this. My AKG K420 sounds much better, with much more detail. These cans are...
The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 1156
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I've got the bug to try some higher priced spread, on/over and iem's. Resisted during all the Black Friday sales, but the bug hasn't gone away yet (I'm sure there are some meds for that...). See people selling Heir 4ai and 5's, also Audeze (things that had been on decent sale), anyone had any experience on these?
yah man, I'm waiting for Geek also. any word on when they will be shipped?
after 24 hours the VALI continues to improve, with increased speed, definition and bass cohesiveness.
listening to Yamaha 200s through them is marvelous experience, i forgot where sound was coming from
and starting dreaming and dancing my feet.....for the money seems like a no brainer..."is there an icon for that??"
should be one....listening to psytrance the VALI conveys the rhythm, bass and power with uncanny musically
im dazzled, the Vali is sounding like equipment costing 1k or more IMHO...
Edited by waynes world - 12/6/13 at 10:19am
If you're looking for an upgrade at the same price, try the Monster Gratitude.
Others that seem to get a lot of high praise are RHA MA750, KEF M200, ATH IM70
The Objective2 sounds great with my HiFimeDIY DAC. Even with their (very) different design choices, it seems that the ~2 volt output from a somewhat-quality 9023 chipset would give the Vali solid signal.
I'm not sure why a DAC would change the sound quality of an amp unless... A) the output voltage is too low for proper gain B) the DAC is not neutral, so it fixes or changes sonic characteristics of the amp C) the DAC cannot reproduce sound from at least 15Hz-25,000kHz.
I'm pretty sure the HiFimeDIY is not entirely neutral due to its oft berated "spec sheet" implementation, but the deviations are likely minute.
EDIT: Yep, the gain of the Vali is 4x. A consumer grade 2 volt signal can only be driven to ~3x gain before clipping, if I remember right. You'll want a source that puts out roughly 2.5 volts for the Vali. 2.4 would probably be fine too - I'm not using exact figures.
Edited by adevriesc - 12/6/13 at 9:55am
Looking forward to seeing some thoughts on the Moxpads. I've already seen the Asian thread but more thoughts the better. I wonder if they truly are giant killers.
Gratitude's are similar in sound to the GR07 BE. They've got a warm tone that is neutralish but they do have some bass influence. I haven't had the opportunity to listen to the BA200.
+1. II like the GR07BE more than the gratitudes, both are really good.
Does this mean that both of you would also prefer the GR07 MK2 to the gratitude?
This thread has been here for awhile, but I just discovered it. You guys should make some postings there so that they can discover some of these new IEMs.
Rank the IEM's you've heard
Sadly, I've only heard the BE, but I would think that the MK2 and the Gratitude's would be different beasts all together. IIRC the VSD1S is suppose to be more like the MK2. Which means it will be more mid forward with some nice sparkly highs. While the Gratitude's are almost a warm balance with a slight bass emphasis. They're extremely thick and can easily fill a song. They have a wide sound stage but I think the imagining on them isn't nearly as good as I let on to begin with. They're brilliant headphones for the price and I think they would even be worth it in the $100-$150 category. Out of most of the headphones I've heard they're more similar to the VSDLE & Vsonic GR07BE. I actually prefer a slightly colder sound. Not to the point where it doesn't have warmth, but the Gratitude's are colored. Actually I think if you were looking for a high-end upgrade to the Gratitude's sound than the way Dsnut described the EM5813 would be a similar sound signature but three or four levels above the Gratitude's; though also eight times the price.
- The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 9 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 3 minutes ago
- › The Dishonesty of Sighted Listening Tests 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › Schiit Saga Tube Rolling 7 minutes ago
- › Echobox Finder X1 review/impressions/discussion thread 8 minutes ago
- › Roxanne customs: post-purchase questions from a newbie 8 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by Wokei
- › Lindemann musicbook:10 DSD by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by DynamikeB
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by Army-Firedawg
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by Johannus
- › LZ-A4 by peter123
- › Etymotic ER4XR by leaky74
- › Etymotic ER4SR by leaky74
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by sonickarma
- › Meze 12 Classics by OSiRiSsk
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear