Holy crap, 794 posts since I last viewed this thread. Anything else the new FOTM? Sent the H1s back to Sony for a refund so still on the lookout for an upgrade from the Bassos.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productJVC HA-FX101tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productJVC HA-FX40-B Earphone - KV6902tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productPhilips SHE3580/28 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productPhilips SHE9700tagged by System, 1/7/12
- productPioneer DJE-1500-K Professional DJ In-Ear Headphonestagged by joe, 8/6/14
- productSony MH1 Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productThermaltake, In-ear Headsettagged by System, 12/31/11
- productVSONIC VC1000tagged by YOT, 6/26/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sturdy budget earphones, best bang for the buck? (Mostly for text) Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. Last post on 11/18/16 at 2:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Does it make sense to buy IEM's that match the DAC? Last post on 7/21/13 at 4:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- GR02 vs GR99 vs GR04 vs MH1C Last post on 11/4/12 at 3:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Introduction With thanks to my esteemed colleague and front page superstar @glassmonkey for fronting this review spectacular. 3 cheers also go out to Iain and the rest of the RHA team for...
Thanks go to earphonia.com who were pleased to let me give the excellently valued Co-Donguri earphone a spin. Pairings Equipment Hidizs AP60 Chord Mojo Dac Intro My second IEM...
Kaiser Encore: Early impressions Please note: This review is posted only so I could share my (very) early impressions, as I know many are eager to hear about the latest Noble (co-) flagship....
Note: I have previously reviewed the K10 from Noble, where I covered much of Noble’s history and order process. For this reason, I will use some of the portions of that review that pertain to Noble...
Founded in 2014 in Guangzhou, China, Shinrico is a company focused on digital electronic products in the field of high-tech enterprises. Recently I reviewed their excellent D3S Digital...
The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 1156
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I've got the bug to try some higher priced spread, on/over and iem's. Resisted during all the Black Friday sales, but the bug hasn't gone away yet (I'm sure there are some meds for that...). See people selling Heir 4ai and 5's, also Audeze (things that had been on decent sale), anyone had any experience on these?
yah man, I'm waiting for Geek also. any word on when they will be shipped?
after 24 hours the VALI continues to improve, with increased speed, definition and bass cohesiveness.
listening to Yamaha 200s through them is marvelous experience, i forgot where sound was coming from
and starting dreaming and dancing my feet.....for the money seems like a no brainer..."is there an icon for that??"
should be one....listening to psytrance the VALI conveys the rhythm, bass and power with uncanny musically
im dazzled, the Vali is sounding like equipment costing 1k or more IMHO...
Edited by waynes world - 12/6/13 at 10:19am
If you're looking for an upgrade at the same price, try the Monster Gratitude.
Others that seem to get a lot of high praise are RHA MA750, KEF M200, ATH IM70
The Objective2 sounds great with my HiFimeDIY DAC. Even with their (very) different design choices, it seems that the ~2 volt output from a somewhat-quality 9023 chipset would give the Vali solid signal.
I'm not sure why a DAC would change the sound quality of an amp unless... A) the output voltage is too low for proper gain B) the DAC is not neutral, so it fixes or changes sonic characteristics of the amp C) the DAC cannot reproduce sound from at least 15Hz-25,000kHz.
I'm pretty sure the HiFimeDIY is not entirely neutral due to its oft berated "spec sheet" implementation, but the deviations are likely minute.
EDIT: Yep, the gain of the Vali is 4x. A consumer grade 2 volt signal can only be driven to ~3x gain before clipping, if I remember right. You'll want a source that puts out roughly 2.5 volts for the Vali. 2.4 would probably be fine too - I'm not using exact figures.
Edited by adevriesc - 12/6/13 at 9:55am
Looking forward to seeing some thoughts on the Moxpads. I've already seen the Asian thread but more thoughts the better. I wonder if they truly are giant killers.
Gratitude's are similar in sound to the GR07 BE. They've got a warm tone that is neutralish but they do have some bass influence. I haven't had the opportunity to listen to the BA200.
+1. II like the GR07BE more than the gratitudes, both are really good.
Does this mean that both of you would also prefer the GR07 MK2 to the gratitude?
This thread has been here for awhile, but I just discovered it. You guys should make some postings there so that they can discover some of these new IEMs.
Rank the IEM's you've heard
Sadly, I've only heard the BE, but I would think that the MK2 and the Gratitude's would be different beasts all together. IIRC the VSD1S is suppose to be more like the MK2. Which means it will be more mid forward with some nice sparkly highs. While the Gratitude's are almost a warm balance with a slight bass emphasis. They're extremely thick and can easily fill a song. They have a wide sound stage but I think the imagining on them isn't nearly as good as I let on to begin with. They're brilliant headphones for the price and I think they would even be worth it in the $100-$150 category. Out of most of the headphones I've heard they're more similar to the VSDLE & Vsonic GR07BE. I actually prefer a slightly colder sound. Not to the point where it doesn't have warmth, but the Gratitude's are colored. Actually I think if you were looking for a high-end upgrade to the Gratitude's sound than the way Dsnut described the EM5813 would be a similar sound signature but three or four levels above the Gratitude's; though also eight times the price.
- The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › CanJam Singapore 2017 (March 11-12, 2017) 25 seconds ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 50 seconds ago
- › CanJam NYC 2017 (February 4-5, 2017) 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by... 1 minute ago
- › Sony nwz-a15 sound quality 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 AMP 2 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › DX200 The style has been chosen by your votes. Details of design... 4 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 4 minutes ago
- › RHA CL750 by Takeanidea
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by Takeanidea
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Sorensiim
- › Noble Audio Katana by cvbcbcmv
- › Shinrico E11 Portable Headphone Amplifier by crabdog
- › FiiO A5 Portable Headphone Amplifier by Brooko
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by HiFiChris
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Joeng Zeon
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear