or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 1155

post #17311 of 32859
Quote:
Originally Posted by d marc0 View Post

Haha! Remember I told you the same thing?! Back then I knew you'd be surprised too.... Happy listening mate!

 

Yes, you told me exactly that. Wise man!

:beerchug:

post #17312 of 32859
I don't know about you guys but I'm ordering only from resellers (in china) that use epacket from now on. Ordered three items. The first item got here in five days. The next two took 3 more (but one doesn't count because it was Sunday). My stuff all got here within 7 business days.
post #17313 of 32859
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatefulsandwich View Post

I can only hope that our next elections restore Mandela's dreams for this country. It's a pity that the state of the country as it's currently in was the last thing he bore witness to.

I can't figure out how to embed videos right now, but here is a great song and video to watch: http://youtu.be/BGS7SpI7obY

 

Ha! Republican or Democrat, they end up doing more of the same. They pretend to dislike each other when in reality they are all one big family. It's quite pathetic that a country like the US which prides itself on being free and democratic doesn't leave anywhere near a chance for third parties to be elected. It's basically a bipartisan dictature here.

 

--------------------------------------------

Anyways, back on the topic of IEMs. Right now I could score a pair of JVC FXT90 for ~50$ (mint condition)... should I get them as opposed to the carbo bassos/ I realize that the ftx90 cost a lot more in retail price, but i'm wondering if they have any particular drawbacks compared to the carbo bassos or ckn50/70. If i'm correct they have a warm sound signature?

 

Edit: I just read joker's review of the FXT90 and they seem quite promising.... Only thing I'm a bit scared of is the amount of isolation. ..


Edited by hapasam - 12/5/13 at 11:03pm
post #17314 of 32859
Quote:
Originally Posted by hapasam View Post

I've tried many of the products recommend in this thread such as the CKN50, S500 and CKM500 and I've followed the first 400 or so pages of discussion. However recently I've been quite busy and I don't have the time to sift though all these pages and I'm wondering what the new go to budget IEMs are.

Just about a week ago, I foolishly left my CKN50 on the poolside and got them stolen. So now I am left without IEMs.
If possible, I would like to get IEMs that are Japan imports because I can get them at the in country price (friend coming over from there) . My budget is <50$/5000 yen.

I really loved the ckn50 especially on plane rides because they isolated just enough to the point of being able to enjoy movies on the plane.

Summary... If possible what I would like:
Less micro phonics as the ckn50
Better cable than ckn50
Less siblance than ckn50
Isolate as well as the can 50
Less than 50$/5000 yen
Don't stick out of ears too much so you can lie down on your side

I would go with the Monster Gratitudes. They sound like the CKN70s on steroids and aren't as sibilant. After burn in they are very smooth. The isolation is insane as well, they cancel noise out even when music isn't playing. You can get them for $60 with shipping and they retail at $220. They have a "tangle-free" cord with a built in MIC. It comes with 12 sets of tips and 2 carrying cases as well.

post #17315 of 32859
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7S Cameron View Post
 

I would go with the Monster Gratitudes. They sound like the CKN70s on steroids and aren't as sibilant. After burn in they are very smooth. The isolation is insane as well, they cancel noise out even when music isn't playing. You can get them for $60 with shipping and they retail at $220. They have a "tangle-free" cord with a built in MIC. It comes with 12 sets of tips and 2 carrying cases as well.

+1 on the Gratitudes. I still consider these my best IEM's and the best value for money (at current prices) I've ever come across.

post #17316 of 32859
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter123 View Post
 

+1 on the Gratitudes. I still consider these my best IEM's and the best value for money (at current prices) I've ever come across.

I like them better than my AD900X :wink:

post #17317 of 32859

They sound good, but the fit/comfort is not for everyone. I sold mine for that reason, despite enjoying them.

post #17318 of 32859
Quote:
Originally Posted by quartertone View Post
 

They sound good, but the fit/comfort is not for everyone. I sold mine for that reason, despite enjoying them.

Are you talking about the M200s?

post #17319 of 32859

No, the Gratitudes.

post #17320 of 32859

I got notice that my Moxpads got in today but I haven't had the opportunity to pick them up yet.

 

The Molex, the Moe, and a couple more to come in, hopefully all before the big holiday sweep.

post #17321 of 32859
Quote:
Originally Posted by hapasam View Post

Ha! Republican or Democrat, they end up doing more of the same. They pretend to dislike each other when in reality they are all one big family. It's quite pathetic that a country like the US which prides itself on being free and democratic doesn't leave anywhere near a chance for third parties to be elected. It's basically a bipartisan dictature here.

We've essentially had a one-party state since 1994. Which might be fine if that party hadn't devolved into a circus of ineptitude and corruption. The current ANC is not the ANC that came to power under Mandela. A new party called Agang formed this year that I feel might be able to threaten the ruling party unlike the current main opposition, so I have some small hope for next year's elections.

But indeed, this isn't the place for political discussion. I hope the video was appreciated by... anyone else. I'll pretend it was and that I'm not the only one sitting with... Er... Dust. Got in my eyes. That's it. Dust.

I have nothing to add to the headphone discussion, alas.
post #17322 of 32859
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7S Cameron View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hapasam View Post

I've tried many of the products recommend in this thread such as the CKN50, S500 and CKM500 and I've followed the first 400 or so pages of discussion. However recently I've been quite busy and I don't have the time to sift though all these pages and I'm wondering what the new go to budget IEMs are.

Just about a week ago, I foolishly left my CKN50 on the poolside and got them stolen. So now I am left without IEMs.
If possible, I would like to get IEMs that are Japan imports because I can get them at the in country price (friend coming over from there) . My budget is <50$/5000 yen.

I really loved the ckn50 especially on plane rides because they isolated just enough to the point of being able to enjoy movies on the plane.

Summary... If possible what I would like:
Less micro phonics as the ckn50
Better cable than ckn50
Less siblance than ckn50
Isolate as well as the can 50
Less than 50$/5000 yen
Don't stick out of ears too much so you can lie down on your side

I would go with the Monster Gratitudes. They sound like the CKN70s on steroids and aren't as sibilant. After burn in they are very smooth. The isolation is insane as well, they cancel noise out even when music isn't playing. You can get them for $60 with shipping and they retail at $220. They have a "tangle-free" cord with a built in MIC. It comes with 12 sets of tips and 2 carrying cases as well.

1+ as well, do have an odd shape, I don't have a problem with the fit, but I know some do, great for $60 (nice even not considering price), will probably be unavailable at some point, being cleared out.

post #17323 of 32859
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatefulsandwich View Post

I can only hope that our next elections restore Mandela's dreams for this country. It's a pity that the state of the country as it's currently in was the last thing he bore witness to.

I can't figure out how to embed videos right now, but here is a great song and video to watch: http://youtu.be/BGS7SpI7obY

Nice video, great music, moving, Seems Mandela is one of the few political figures that didn't lose his way when he got in power and into politics. Most politicians have followers, and detractors who can point to all kinds of sell-out. RIP

post #17324 of 32859
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbluenewmexico View Post
 

Just received and plugged in my SCHIT  Vali tube mini amp. through an AQ Dragonfly out of my mac air.

(buffered by ici usb power supply and Gemini power cable, through AUDIRVANA PLUS)).  Best audio i have heard out

out of a computer ever, even broke in only for half an hour!  SQ increasing by the minute!

wow, for a 119.00 product i am totally wowed.  hearing voice qualities and instrumental nuances

in Peter Gabriel New Blood album i have never ever heard before. snagged housemate to hear it

and he said same thing, best sound ever he had ever heard from a computer...I think the VALI is for REAL!

Curious to hear more when you've listened a bit-congrats. Waiting for the Geek stuff in January, tubes have always been appealing, though. Enjoy!!

:beerchug:

post #17325 of 32859
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatefulsandwich View Post


We've essentially had a one-party state since 1994. Which might be fine if that party hadn't devolved into a circus of ineptitude and corruption. The current ANC is not the ANC that came to power under Mandela. A new party called Agang formed this year that I feel might be able to threaten the ruling party unlike the current main opposition, so I have some small hope for next year's elections.

But indeed, this isn't the place for political discussion. I hope the video was appreciated by... anyone else. I'll pretend it was and that I'm not the only one sitting with... Er... Dust. Got in my eyes. That's it. Dust.

I have nothing to add to the headphone discussion, alas.

Thanks for the video. Glad to see that there are some audio-heads in S. Africa. Looks like I beautiful country. I hope to visit it someday. All the people I've met from S. Africa have been super nice.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153