or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 1154

post #17296 of 32862

His life and words were music to my ears, heart and soul. RIP Nelson Mandela! (sad day)

 

post #17297 of 32862
OT.
One of the finest statesman of any generation. May he Rest in peace.
post #17298 of 32862
I've tried many of the products recommend in this thread such as the CKN50, S500 and CKM500 and I've followed the first 400 or so pages of discussion. However recently I've been quite busy and I don't have the time to sift though all these pages and I'm wondering what the new go to budget IEMs are.

Just about a week ago, I foolishly left my CKN50 on the poolside and got them stolen. So now I am left without IEMs.
If possible, I would like to get IEMs that are Japan imports because I can get them at the in country price (friend coming over from there) . My budget is <50$/5000 yen.

I really loved the ckn50 especially on plane rides because they isolated just enough to the point of being able to enjoy movies on the plane.

Summary... If possible what I would like:
Less micro phonics as the ckn50
Better cable than ckn50
Less siblance than ckn50
Isolate as well as the can 50
Less than 50$/5000 yen
Don't stick out of ears too much so you can lie down on your side
post #17299 of 32862
Carbo Tenore sounds like something that fits what you're looking for.
post #17300 of 32862

Just received and plugged in my SCHIT  Vali tube mini amp. through an AQ Dragonfly out of my mac air.

(buffered by ici usb power supply and Gemini power cable, through AUDIRVANA PLUS)).  Best audio i have heard out

out of a computer ever, even broke in only for half an hour!  SQ increasing by the minute!

wow, for a 119.00 product i am totally wowed.  hearing voice qualities and instrumental nuances

in Peter Gabriel New Blood album i have never ever heard before. snagged housemate to hear it

and he said same thing, best sound ever he had ever heard from a computer...I think the VALI is for REAL!

post #17301 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post
 

His life and words were music to my ears, heart and soul. RIP Nelson Mandela! (sad day)

 

NELSON was a true inspiration.  he was at the premier DIAMONDS ON THE SOLES OF THEIR SHOES concert in San Fran when Paul Simons groundbreaking album came out, i was there by accident and it was one of the musical highlights of my life!.. remember him forever..

post #17302 of 32862

I agree totally with DannyBai that the Tenores are what you are looking for Hapasam.   they are a fine iem, but remember being 

carbon nano based they need a LOT of burn in, like 200 hours for them to be tamed to optimum SQ. be patient and you will be rewarded!!!!

post #17303 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by hapasam View Post

I really loved the ckn50 especially on plane rides because they isolated just enough to the point of being able to enjoy movies on the plane.

Summary... If possible what I would like:
Less micro phonics as the ckn50
Better cable than ckn50
Less siblance than ckn50
Isolate as well as the can 50
Less than 50$/5000 yen
Don't stick out of ears too much so you can lie down on your side

 

I'm not familiar with the ckn50's, but another option to look into would be the VSD1/VSD1S/VSD1LE's. Offhand they seem like they would satisfy all of those requirements. And they are the flushest iem that I have (and the only ones that I can lie my head down on the side with). |joker| likes them a fair bit I'd say:

http://theheadphonelist.com/holiday-buyers-guide-best-earphones-under-50/

post #17304 of 32862

The 'ol M200's do become rather addictive after a while. Very nicely balanced, with a gorgeous full sound. Yes, rather addictive :)

post #17305 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by gikigill View Post

OT.
One of the finest statesman of any generation. May he Rest in peace.

:beerchug:

post #17306 of 32862

:confused_face(1): Well, this is a first for any expensive item I've ever bought, but the right phone of the AX-60 just completely blew out on me (not an ounce of sound). Wow! I was really digging this earphone, and was listening through it while my IM70 is on burn-in. Oh well, I don't think I want to risk it again at the price, so I'm trying to get a refund from bigbargainonline. Wish me luck. The owner seems cool so we'll see how this goes. I'm very disappointed, but I've been lucky in this hobby for the most part.

post #17307 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbluenewmexico View Post
 

Just received and plugged in my SCHIT  Vali tube mini amp. through an AQ Dragonfly out of my mac air.

(buffered by ici usb power supply and Gemini power cable, through AUDIRVANA PLUS)).  Best audio i have heard out

out of a computer ever, even broke in only for half an hour!  SQ increasing by the minute!

wow, for a 119.00 product i am totally wowed.  hearing voice qualities and instrumental nuances

in Peter Gabriel New Blood album i have never ever heard before. snagged housemate to hear it

and he said same thing, best sound ever he had ever heard from a computer...I think the VALI is for REAL!

Congrats, enjoy!!!

post #17308 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post
 

:confused_face(1): Well, this is a first for any expensive item I've ever bought, but the right phone of the AX-60 just completely blew out on me (not an ounce of sound). Wow! I was really digging this earphone, and was listening through it while my IM70 is on burn-in. Oh well, I don't think I want to risk it again at the price, so I'm trying to get a refund from bigbargainonline. Wish me luck. The owner seems cool so we'll see how this goes. I'm very disappointed, but I've been lucky in this hobby for the most part.

Sucks-had it happen to Ety 4P and Shure 500's a while back, awful feeling, good luck.

post #17309 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

The 'ol M200's do become rather addictive after a while. Very nicely balanced, with a gorgeous full sound. Yes, rather addictive smily_headphones1.gif

Haha! Remember I told you the same thing?! Back then I knew you'd be surprised too.... Happy listening mate!
post #17310 of 32862
I can only hope that our next elections restore Mandela's dreams for this country. It's a pity that the state of the country as it's currently in was the last thing he bore witness to.

I can't figure out how to embed videos right now, but here is a great song and video to watch: http://youtu.be/BGS7SpI7obY
Edited by hatefulsandwich - 12/5/13 at 8:57pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153