or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 1153

post #17281 of 32897
God, wrasslin with that inner dere. Just give into it. That icy, Ann Coulter-eque exterior belies a soft, nougaty kitten K-On interior. And lah-di-dah, Baron Von Moneypants, Kinder surprise eggs? I can't afford no offshoot of Ferrero, it's slummin it in the ghettos of Nestlé with Wonderball for me

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
DX-50 audiophile silver/gold core Noble Wizard hot cold dynamics 1.2.5 FW still on topic compared to SFgifalifspamminWalcer
post #17282 of 32897

Projection is a female dog. And of course we're on topic. Nutman, nougat. Don't need no Six Degrees over here.

 

Chocolate connoisseur, must be enjoying those enthalpically fallacious cables, too bad you can't pair them with the Schiitforbricks3003, hoho.


And to really steer it back on topic, anyone have any extended experience with the K375 or the AH-C250? 

The IM70 looks to be very cool - anyone spring on the AT BAs though?

There's also that DN-900 to be looking forward to.

And preaching to the choir - Fostex IEMs we await you.

post #17283 of 32897
I just want to share my happiness today... Finally got my very own C3!



Thank you H20fidelity for letting me audition your c3. Great things really come in small packages!
Edited by d marc0 - 12/4/13 at 5:27pm
post #17284 of 32897
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post
 

Can't handle dead fish, motorcycles, jewelry, brou, and now peanut butter? You allergic to paper as well?

They might be (the tips)- 

 

And for your information they look like something out of a Kinder's Surprise chocolate egg. Get with the times.

 

+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post

God, wrasslin with that inner dere. Just give into it. That icy, Ann Coulter-eque exterior belies a soft, nougaty kitten K-On interior. And lah-di-dah, Baron Von Moneypants, Kinder surprise eggs? I can't afford no offshoot of Ferrero, it's slummin it in the ghettos of Nestlé with Wonderball for me

DX-50 audiophile silver/gold core Noble Wizard hot cold dynamics 1.2.5 FW still on topic compared to SFgifalifspamminWalcer

 

+

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post
 

Projection is a female dog. And of course we're on topic. Nutman, nougat. Don't need no Six Degrees over here.

 

Chocolate connoisseur, must be enjoying those enthalpically fallacious cables, too bad you can't pair them with the Schiitforbricks3003, hoho.


And to really steer it back on topic, anyone have any extended experience with the K375 or the AH-C250? 

The IM70 looks to be very cool - anyone spring on the AT BAs though?

There's also that DN-900 to be looking forward to.

And preaching to the choir - Fostex IEMs we await you.

^ Dere???!!! Oh dear what ya'll take this thread as??? THIS AIN'T NO EMO SELF DISCOVERY THREAD MENG!!! SAVE DEM SELF FEELS TO YOURSELVES!!! :tongue:

 

Fff outta' here with that emo 'ish <333s

.... btw hey wannabe birdie where my DX50s at, thought we had a deal. ;)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by d marc0 View Post

I just want to share my happiness today... Finally got my very own C3!



Thank you H20fidelity for letting me audition your c3. Great things really come in small packages!

^ Congrats marc0s, man looks like everyone is getting on that C3 swag, makes me feel so left out. :  (

 

But that spartan UI would probably drive me mad. haha :triportsad:

post #17285 of 32897
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post
 

 

^ Congrats marc0s, man looks like everyone is getting on that C3 swag, makes me feel so left out. :  (

 

But that spartan UI would probably drive me mad. haha :triportsad:

Cheers mate!

Yeah... I had the same dilemma. But after hearing how flac sounds on the C3, It's a no-brainer!

post #17286 of 32897
Quote:
Originally Posted by d marc0 View Post
 

Cheers mate!

Yeah... I had the same dilemma. But after hearing how flac sounds on the C3, It's a no-brainer!


So are you gonna get that C&C BH amp as well, oh THAT is just like the BEST sounding combo EVER!!! Or so i have been told. ;)

post #17287 of 32897
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post
 


So are you gonna get that C&C BH amp as well, oh THAT is just like the BEST sounding combo EVER!!! Or so i have been told. ;)

 

I got a loaner here with me... and you're right: the combination of C3 + BH is such an amazing and fun sound!

post #17288 of 32897

I picked up a pair of those $59 Rosewill in ears... and they just don't compare to the Moe or Moxpad. Not bad, but not great either.

 

I'll give them a 24 hour burn to see if they improve.

post #17289 of 32897
Did brief direct comparison of ma750 and im70. As I stated earlier, the AT is airier. Bass is thicker in (not necessarily deeper) in RHA, but mids are kind of jumbled compared to the AT. The RHA is a warmer sounding iem. More space between instruments in the im70. Vocals ate a bit more forward in the AT too. Both have great fullness and 3-dish sound. The. Im70's highs are more extended -clearly- without being harsh. It takes a little more power to drive the ma750. The im70 has the edge in clarity, but nice clarity in the ma750. Te dual drivers gives a bit of unique layering in the sound, but this will come down to sound preference on which you think is better. Im70 is built nicely but I prefer the build of the ma750. I prefer the sound - by a small margin - of the im70.
post #17290 of 32897
RHA tips are good with the im70. You need a sort of long silicon tip as the im70 requires a long deep insert. The ue900 tips and Monster hybrid failed to give me the deepness in insert required for the im70 to sound its best. Im70has the more balanced sound.
post #17291 of 32897
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhazard View Post
 

I picked up a pair of those $59 Rosewill in ears... and they just don't compare to the Moe or Moxpad. Not bad, but not great either.

 

I'll give them a 24 hour burn to see if they improve.

^ Coolios, man you are snatching up phones from left and right like no ones business!!! MAD PROPS!!! :beerchug:

 

i dunno, somewhat established generic brands like Mee, Brainwavz, etc that have a larger presence here in the States never seem to have any game changers. They are always "they are good for their price" item but is never THEY ARE AMAZING PERIOD. I know i might be asking too much from cheapos by still many new brands like that MOE and some others you have mentioned has A LOT more potential of being discovery worthy.

 

/rant

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

Did brief direct comparison of ma750 and im70. As I stated earlier, the AT is airier. Bass is thicker in (not necessarily deeper) in RHA, but mids are kind of jumbled compared to the AT. The RHA is a warmer sounding iem. More space between instruments in the im70. Vocals ate a bit more forward in the AT too. Both have great fullness and 3-dish sound. The. Im70's highs are more extended -clearly- without being harsh. It takes a little more power to drive the ma750. The im70 has the edge in clarity, but nice clarity in the ma750. Te dual drivers gives a bit of unique layering in the sound, but this will come down to sound preference on which you think is better. Im70 is built nicely but I prefer the build of the ma750. I prefer the sound - by a small margin - of the im70.

^ LoL from how you are describing those im70s it sure as hell ain't by a SMALL margin. :tongue_smile:

 

It seems to me that the im70 is much more refined/ intricate sounding than the 750s. Now the real question is how do they compare to those Dunu DN-1000s cuz i have read that these 1000s completely blow the gr07s outta' the water as stated by some. ;) 

 

edit: oh and do the im70s come in all black or something cuz i know jants and others love the red color scheme but they look kinda tacky to me. haha : P


Edited by sfwalcer - 12/4/13 at 9:26pm
post #17292 of 32897
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post

^ Coolios, man you are snatching up phones from left and right like no ones business!!! MAD PROPS!!! beerchug.gif

i dunno, somewhat established generic brands like Mee, Brainwavz, etc that have a larger presence here in the States never seem to have any game changers. They are always "they are good for their price" item but is never THEY ARE AMAZING PERIOD. I know i might be asking too much from cheapos by still many new brands like that MOE and some others you have mentioned has A LOT more potential of being discovery worthy.

/rant

Those are my feelings exactly, and its why I pursue the Asian brands so much. You hit the nail on the head. The MeE and Brainwavz iems are made by companies like Moe themselves!

Just take a look at the Brainwavz HM5/ Jaycar/ Yoga OEM headphone. When you remove the marketing, fancy packaging, and the middleman, suddenly a headphone that sounds like a $130 headphone and is priced as such, can be found for $50 retail. That's a discovery. There are tons more out there still waiting to be found and enjoyed.

We don't need a famous celebrity to endorse what we buy. We want good sound without needing to take out a second mortgage.
post #17293 of 32897
So, the stork just dropped off a new item for me. A brand new little kitten. Taken from my facebook page (Victoria = Fiancee)

"So the strangest thing just happened guys... so I go to the door because I hear this meowing. Victoria is like "it's coming from outside (like outside outside)" and I said "No, that sounds like it's in the hallway." What do I get when I open the door? Something so special and cute. Yep, a young feline is just sitting outside my apartment door on the third floor of my building. So I bring it inside while I run and ask the neighbors if it belongs to any of them. All of them said nope and the neighbor right next to me said that she heard the meowing and came out to look. She didn't see the cat but saw and heard someone (a person) running downstairs at breakneck pace after knocking on both of our doors. The person just left this cute little cat at the highest reach of the apartment complex and ran away. It looks so much like clover with the exception of it's white paws."
post #17294 of 32897
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhazard View Post


Those are my feelings exactly, and its why I pursue the Asian brands so much. You hit the nail on the head. The MeE and Brainwavz iems are made by companies like Moe themselves!

Just take a look at the Brainwavz HM5/ Jaycar/ Yoga OEM headphone. When you remove the marketing, fancy packaging, and the middleman, suddenly a headphone that sounds like a $130 headphone and is priced as such, can be found for $50 retail. That's a discovery. There are tons more out there still waiting to be found and enjoyed.

We don't need a famous celebrity to endorse what we buy. We want good sound without needing to take out a second mortgage.

^ Like i be saying it takes a brave mofo soul to go into that crazy Chinese audio gear flea market and weed out all those unknown factors. MAD PROP$s MAD PROP$s. They are "cheap" but they eventually add up meng, so don't go TOO crazy now. haha :beerchug:

 

Though it helps A LOT to do deep deep research 1st like ya'll did for those Molex/ MOEs and know the makers background etc, so the gamble is not as big/ completely shooting at the dark if you knowhatimeng. ;)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vain III View Post

So, the stork just dropped off a new item for me. A brand new little kitten. Taken from my facebook page (Victoria = Fiancee)

"So the strangest thing just happened guys... so I go to the door because I hear this meowing. Victoria is like "it's coming from outside (like outside outside)" and I said "No, that sounds like it's in the hallway." What do I get when I open the door? Something so special and cute. Yep, a young feline is just sitting outside my apartment door on the third floor of my building. So I bring it inside while I run and ask the neighbors if it belongs to any of them. All of them said nope and the neighbor right next to me said that she heard the meowing and came out to look. She didn't see the cat but saw and heard someone (a person) running downstairs at breakneck pace after knocking on both of our doors. The person just left this cute little cat at the highest reach of the apartment complex and ran away. It looks so much like clover with the exception of it's white paws."

^ Oh WOW congrats!!!??? So are you gonna be keeping that cute lil' kitty pie??? If not you know where you can send it, but knowing his custom title i would strongly advice you NOT to. : P

 

BET DAT CAT CRACK_ER IS GONNA BE STALKIN" YOU FROM NOW ON!!! :triportsad:

 

Oh and the obligatory PICs OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!!! :p

 

post #17295 of 32897

The Tascam TH-02 caught on for awhile, as Innerfidelity was pretty blown away by it for $30.

 

Nobody seemed to follow up on the Tascam TH-MX2 though, which is promoted as being the more balanced headphone at $40. I've had both for awhile now, and I agree, the MX2 is more balanced and sounds better. Very reminiscent of the Sony 7506 in sound and looks.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153