or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 115

post #1711 of 32858
All i want is bass,all i want is bass boom boom tongue.gif
post #1712 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochill View Post

This fx101 is so f#$king amazing with far east movement on my z player which i am using now tongue.gif
I use "Girls on the dance floor" to test bass LOL the opening bass line is strong and at the beginning of the song.
post #1713 of 32858
So true
post #1714 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

yea I forget what earphone I am talking bout. Both again are excellent but they don't best the CKM500. Would be cool if they did. Lol!  The CKS77 has more to do with the FX40. I still prefer my CKS77 over the FX40 but again the sound is stupid for the price..

 

Yeah the CKM500 is definitely rather superior in overall refinement. But you always gotta keep diminishing returns in mind. Plus it's all mostly preference. I'm listening to a lot of rap atm, A$AP, Bone. I'm using UE M tips atm. It's unreal. Music as a movie.

post #1715 of 32858

Anyone have experience with the FX3X to compare against the FX101?

 

http://www3.jvckenwood.com/accessory/headphone/inner/ha-fx3x/index.html

 

Not sure if these have been released worldwide yet but thought I'd ask anyway. I found only one other 1st impressions thread on these.

post #1716 of 32858
Earlier I made a post about recommending the 101s over the 40s to most peeps but now I gotta change my mind. These 40s are something really special.
post #1717 of 32858

Update: Been burning those in for the past 20 hours now approx. and wow, the sound just keeps getting better and better. No more bass glitch that I had earlier. The SQ is much better and the clarity of the vocals is just superb. So, those who haven't gotten these babies yet. Stop reading and go get them!

post #1718 of 32858

I seem to be getting a better seal (and better sound) with the FX40s wearing them with their tabs pointing straight down (hold onto tabs while inserting them). Looks like this will put more stress on the cables going into the housings though (I'm not really sure how much this could affect their life expectancy, if at all). Anyone else experience this?


Edited by KEP1 - 5/26/12 at 9:18am
post #1719 of 32858

As I cannot find the fx40 for less than 45 euros here in Europe, I'm  now actually thinking about going for the cmk500 ph34r.gif.

You guys still recommend the fx40 and ckm500 for who prefers a neutral sound, rather than a bassboosty one?

The point is that I wouldn't like to spend too much money, because in october I'm gonna buy a 1500 euros headset system as my main. But man, it seems I can't resist anymore...

post #1720 of 32858

Well I just opened my FX101's this morning... After about a half hour struggle and a bloody thumb later I got the packaging open. I have never owned an IEM with bass so deep and thumping without the mids and highs being recessed and shallow sounding. These are great so far without any burn in! I have the ATH-CKM50, and these give them a run for their money! The green model looks great as well! 

post #1721 of 32858
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cya|\| View Post

As I cannot find the fx40 for less than 45 euros here in Europe, I'm  now actually thinking about going for the cmk500 ph34r.gif.

You guys still recommend the fx40 and ckm500 for who prefers a neutral sound, rather than a bassboosty one?

The point is that I wouldn't like to spend too much money, because in october I'm gonna buy a 1500 euros headset system as my main. But man, it seems I can't resist anymore...


If you can get a CKM500. That is the way I would go. They are superior over both these earphones in refinement and overall sound..

 

If you can find either of these cheaper I would try them out but if not the CKM500 is completely worth the money spent on them..


Edited by Dsnuts - 5/26/12 at 9:40am
post #1722 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cya|\| View Post

As I cannot find the fx40 for less than 45 euros here in Europe, I'm  now actually thinking about going for the cmk500 ph34r.gif.

You guys still recommend the fx40 and ckm500 for who prefers a neutral sound, rather than a bassboosty one?

The point is that I wouldn't like to spend too much money, because in october I'm gonna buy a 1500 euros headset system as my main. But man, it seems I can't resist anymore...

I'd go for the CKM500 if I were you and I'd be willing to pay a little extra.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanH22 View Post

Well I just opened my FX101's this morning... After about a half hour struggle and a bloody thumb later I got the packaging open. I have never owned an IEM with bass so deep and thumping without the mids and highs being recessed and shallow sounding. These are great so far without any burn in! I have the ATH-CKM50, and these give them a run for their money! The green model looks great as well! 

LOL! I opened mine and the packaging was hard as hell to open also, I just got angry and started cutting it everywhere until it finally opened up. Enjoy them and make sure you burn them in for even better SQ.

post #1723 of 32858

Thx for the suggestion, but I have one more question.

I'm reading that in june a few iem are being released, and they might outclass these, at the same price. Actually I cannot really wait, because as I've said, I need them now and for few months. But do you think that I should really wait for the new headphones?

post #1724 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cya|\| View Post

Thx for the suggestion, but I have one more question.

I'm reading that in june a few iem are being released, and they might outclass these, at the same price. Actually I cannot really wait, because as I've said, I need them now and for few months. But do you think that I should really wait for the new headphones?

I'm not that good of an audiophile but I know markets. So, I'll tell you a few things that should help you make your decision by yourself.

 

1) June is in just a few days.

2) Many companies will say "release scheduled in June" but it might be delayed, there's always that risk

3) Everyone says "same price or less" because they want to increase appeal for whatever item

4) You say you want them ... NOW.

5*) If you are willing to use them for a few months and then buy new ones... why not?

 

*You pay the item itself but you also pay for being able to use it. Let's say you pay $80, you use them by listening to music every day for around 2 hours. That increases your satisfaction because you are doing the activity you wished to do. That's what you paid for. Now, let's say you did not buy them, you don't get to listen to music with them (or maybe no music at all depending if you already own some IEM or headphones). Which option is preferable to you?


Edited by TheGhost - 5/26/12 at 9:57am
post #1725 of 32858
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCJiffy View Post

Anyone have experience with the FX3X to compare against the FX101?

 

http://www3.jvckenwood.com/accessory/headphone/inner/ha-fx3x/index.html

 

Not sure if these have been released worldwide yet but thought I'd ask anyway. I found only one other 1st impressions thread on these.


Why you gotta do this to me man. Ordered. Lol! I just got these. $(KGrHqVHJ!sE8e9YmEPLBPKV!Q5jBg~~60_3.JPG   Interesting these have carbon drivers. Why do I have a feeling these are gonna hand the CKS77???

 

Will report back in about a week.. buyfromjapan has them for around $69 shipped from ebay.. I had to bite. As impressed as I am with the FX101. These are the high end XX earphones..I don't even have to hear these and I am willing to bet all you guys these are gonna do more than compete with the CKS77..I have no doubts in my mind these will have a superior sound from them.


Edited by Dsnuts - 5/26/12 at 10:48am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153