or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 1139

post #17071 of 32865

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL OF YOU!  and what gear do you give thanks to this

Thanksgiving by LISTENING to it?  share your audio highlights of the day with us please!

 

 

Today i give thanks to my audio quest DRAGONFLY, my ath cks1000 for a big bass holiday!

not to my Onkyo hf300s which shorted out on one channel,  but yes to my es700, yamaha 200s,

dx50 and xba3s!  and to audirvana plus software for making iTunes hi fi quality, to zu cable mission

metallurgy magic, and to 

 

all you headfi.org participants who spend much time listening, evaluating, and sharing your personal impressions

of various gear!

post #17072 of 32865
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post

^ Sweet those 70s are still pretty sexy looking i have to say. beerchug.gif

Looks like the eagle has landed on the telephone pole. LMAO



Well ****, they went back to the gigantic non- smartphone case friendly plug? That sucks. Finish on the housings from a cursory glance looks great though.

Curious how this thread will receive the G-2 lol. Enjoy.

Edit: there's another set of measurements now by purrin if you're interested.
Edited by vwinter - 11/28/13 at 11:49am
post #17073 of 32865

Has anyone heard both the Monster Gratitude and TDK BA-200?  Any impressions and thoughts on which is better overall?

post #17074 of 32865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson73 View Post
 

Has anyone heard both the Monster Gratitude and TDK BA-200?  Any impressions and thoughts on which is better overall?

 

The BA-200's are better overall... if you were able to get them at Ross for $25!

post #17075 of 32865
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjazz View Post
 

:beerchug: let us know your impressions.

^ Will do. :)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by d marc0 View Post
 

 

Congratulations Sf! I am so jealous... 

Not need to be jelly, lets just say these are a lil' something something that will bring more joy and unity into this world..... the irony. haha

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbluenewmexico View Post
 

TAKING your word for it, ericp and danny, i just ordered an open box m200 for 119.00! looking forward to making them fit properly.

i hope it is indeed a giant killer!!!

^ Congrats meng!!! :beerchug:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhazard View Post
 

Accessories4less has them open box for $119 on sale today. They are legit, and I just grabbed one. Thanks!

Congrats +2

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
 

 

Great deal! Of course, if you live in Canada, you have to add a bit for shipping: $50.45 USPS Global Express

You should know by now that there is NEVER love for you Canned peps around here.

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

PhotoScape

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post


Well ****, they went back to the gigantic non- smartphone case friendly plug? That sucks. Finish on the housings from a cursory glance looks great though.

Curious how this thread will receive the G-2 lol. Enjoy.

Edit: there's another set of measurements now by purrin if you're interested.

^ Welp the most obvious traits that jumped out at me was the very sparkly presentation and great instrument layering/ separation, which gives these a really nice 3D sound. They actually sound A LOT better than what Rink's had made them out to be with their graphs or what nots. Bass quality and quantity doesn't feel outta' place nor lacking whatsoever, but they indeed could have use a bit more sub bass emphasis/ extension cuz the mid bass is pretty nicely mixed with the rest of the sound signature. Mids are nicely forward thought not overly lush and treble seems to be on point as well.  

 

Only listened to them for like a hour or two last night and no ear time today, BUT i can already say these sound better/ more refined than the m200s/ gr07 BEs/ ATH CKS100s/ VSD1 LEs, BUT how much more refined...............

 

TO BE CONTINUED......

 

Lets just say they are pretty damn sweet sounding. :ksc75smile: 

 

edit: forgot to say happy REAL Thanksgiving ya'll, not the fake Canned one. <333s : P

 

Turkey is in the oven and is ready to get stuffed!!! :ph34r:


Edited by sfwalcer - 11/28/13 at 1:38pm
post #17076 of 32865
[URL]
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbluenewmexico View Post

where ae those RBH EP1 available? can't find them on amazon.  where did they come from to your ears?


It's from their website. Not amazon
post #17077 of 32865
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post

 

You should know by now that there is NEVER love for you Canned peps around here.

 

It's starting to sink in :(

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post

 

edit: forgot to say happy REAL Thanksgiving ya'll, not the fake Canned one. <333s : P

 

Turkey is in the oven and is ready to get stuffed!!! :ph34r:

 

The fake Canned on is in mid-October... much better timing - you guys will barely be finished digesting your turkey before it's time for more at Christmas! 

 

Therefore, Fake Canned gobble gobble = done right!

 

Btw...

 

post #17078 of 32865
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
 

 

The BA-200's are better overall... if you were able to get them at Ross for $25!

So are you saying that ignoring price, the Gratitudes are better than the BA200?

post #17079 of 32865
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
 

 

It's starting to sink in :(

 

 

The fake Canned on is in mid-October... much better timing - you guys will barely be finished digesting your turkey before it's time for more at Christmas! 

 

Therefore, Fake Canned gobble gobble = done right!

 

Btw...

 


^ haha tbh i just found out about that Canned Thanksgiving thing this year cuz there are other countries/ holidays in this world besides the good ol' U ESSA' A??? :blink:

 

And gobble gobble to you too my Canned Land hombre.

 

1000

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

... let's fiesta!!! :popcorn:
 

Oh and we planned it JUST RIGHT cuz this meal is gonna keep you full from now till Christmas durrr!!! :deadhorse: DAT PERFECTION!!! :cool:

post #17080 of 32865
Quote:
Originally Posted by esteebin View Post

[URL]
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbluenewmexico View Post

where ae those RBH EP1 available? can't find them on amazon.  where did they come from to your ears?


It's from their website. Not amazon

That's where I got it as well, from esteebin's post.

post #17081 of 32865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson73 View Post
 

So are you saying that ignoring price, the Gratitudes are better than the BA200?

 

Nope - I was just joking around.

 

I haven't heard either of them (although I have heard lots of good things about both of them), so someone else more serious than I will have to chime in!

post #17082 of 32865
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjazz View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by esteebin View Post

I
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjazz View Post

Time for me to join Audiophiles Anonymous, headphone division...received another iem today, rbh EP1. Trouble is, I have a vague memory of ordering it. Must have been something I saw here or on the Deals Thread (when I can find the Deals Thread, I hear they are now on Deals Thread #200). Thing is, these are really nice sounding out of the box-nice rich mids, wide stage, good highs (sl accentuated, but I don't mind those, not obnoxious). Vocals really rich on Caitlin Cary and Thad Cockrell. I tend to like headphones that give good, rich body and texture to vocals and instruments, this one seems to hit the mark on my initial listening. Gonna have to push the hph-200 off the burn in ipod and give this some burn in next.

think I posted the sale of RBH EP1. I was curious about its sound since it was highly rated at wirecutter. I would have gotten it if I didn't already have too much earphones and a cruise coming up. Sounds like a winner at the$100 price point. Would you say it's still worth it at original price of ~$150?

Listened out of the box for about an hour, I'd say it's worth the $150 price, really enjoyed listening to them. To me they are a good buy as well as a good sounding iem (needless to say, a bargain at the discount price imo)...more to come, and I'm taking notes on my on ear extravaganza...

The gerenal rule of thumb for headphones and discounts...10% helps define the bass a bit, 20% brings more defined/rich mids and highs, 30% gives more textured bass, more rhythm/bounce, 40% widens the soundstage, 50% and above brings more space between instruments, better imaging/definition, and richness to the whole presentation. I have the graphs to prove it.

post #17083 of 32865
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post

^ Welp the most obvious traits that jumped out at me was the very sparkly presentation and great instrument layering/ separation, which gives these a really nice 3D sound. They actually sound A LOT better than what Rink's had made them out to be with their graphs or what nots. Bass quality and quantity doesn't feel outta' place nor lacking whatsoever, but they indeed could have use a bit more sub bass emphasis/ extension cuz the mid bass is pretty nicely mixed with the rest of the sound signature. Mids are nicely forward thought not overly lush and treble seems to be on point as well.  

Only listened to them for like a hour or two last night and no ear time today, BUT i can already say these sound better/ more refined than the m200s/ gr07 BEs/ ATH CKS100s/ VSD1 LEs, BUT how much more refined...............

TO BE CONTINUED......

Lets just say they are pretty damn sweet sounding. ksc75smile.gif  

edit: forgot to say happy REAL Thanksgiving ya'll, not the fake Canned one. <333s : P

Turkey is in the oven and is ready to get stuffed!!! ph34r.gif

Nice. If you use EQ, the dynamic handles a low end boost really well. I like about 6dB at 20hz tapering down to ~70hz. Probably a Q value of 1.0 if I had to guess.

I personally like the tactility of the sound, probably most of all. More than almost any other IEM, I've heard there's weight behind every image that you can almost feel, giving the sound a lot of realism even if the tonality is a bit off.

Looking forward to reading more.

And yea, happy thanksgiving everyone!
Edited by vwinter - 11/28/13 at 2:32pm
post #17084 of 32865
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post


Nice. If you use EQ, the dynamic handles a low end boost really well. I like about 6dB at 20hz tapering down to ~70hz. Probably a Q value of 1.0 if I had to guess.

I personally like the tactility of the sound, probably most of all. More than almost any other IEM, I've heard there's weight behind every image that you can almost feel, giving the sound a lot of realism even if the tonality is a bit off.

Looking forward to reading more.

And yea, happy thanksgiving everyone!

^ Yeppp there seems to be good amount of texture/ weights to the notes, but i would have to give the gr07 BEs a leg up on lushness and texture overall. These ASG 2s are close though. :)

 

Already got a good sense of how they generally sound, but will tip roll a bit and mess around with those bass ports for funzies. hoho :veryevil:

post #17085 of 32865
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjazz View Post
 

The gerenal rule of thumb for headphones and discounts...10% helps define the bass a bit, 20% brings more defined/rich mids and highs, 30% gives more textured bass, more rhythm/bounce, 40% widens the soundstage, 50% and above brings more space between instruments, better imaging/definition, and richness to the whole presentation. I have the graphs to prove it.

very nice observation!  however, if they are free or less than 5.00 they become worthless or will be given away  to non audiophiles as gifts.  at about 75% off there is sweet spot where the sound quality becomes hallucinatory clear.  in fact, you can disconnect them and they continue to play at that high level through the vibrational inspiration of the good deal.

thank you for pointing the hierarchy of discount/sq to our attention .

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153