yea I forget what earphone I am talking bout. Both again are excellent but they don't best the CKM500. Would be cool if they did. Lol! The CKS77 has more to do with the FX40. I still prefer my CKS77 over the FX40 but again the sound is stupid for the price..
Recent Images In This Thread
- productJVC HA-FX101tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productJVC HA-FX40-B Earphone - KV6902tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productPhilips SHE3580/28 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productPhilips SHE9700tagged by System, 1/7/12
- productPioneer DJE-1500-K Professional DJ In-Ear Headphonestagged by joe, 8/6/14
- productSony MH1 Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productThermaltake, In-ear Headsettagged by System, 12/31/11
- productVSONIC VC1000tagged by YOT, 6/26/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sturdy budget earphones, best bang for the buck? (Mostly for text) Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. Last post on 11/18/16 at 2:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Does it make sense to buy IEM's that match the DAC? Last post on 7/21/13 at 4:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- GR02 vs GR99 vs GR04 vs MH1C Last post on 11/4/12 at 3:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Many Head-Fiers will be familiar with Brainwavz already as they have a fairly large user group within the community. Brainwavz has a large inventory of quality earphones at reasonable...
Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Massdrop for the loaner. Full review...
I was an early adopter of the original hifiman he-1000 (part of the original beta group). At the end of the beta period I elected to keep the product and it was replaced with the newest and latest...
Bluedio Victory Bluetooth and Optical Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Bluedio for the sample. Full review...
1) Initial Impression The silver cable is very well made, a great product from Singapore. The sleeves feel very smooth with no rubbery texture. The audio jack and the Y splitter is the standard...
The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 113
Gear mentioned in this thread:
One quick listen and my old HA-FX1X's lost thier comply tips and case to the new HA-FX101's They're not worthy anymore. Lol. O_o
Edited by Formula - 5/25/12 at 4:28pm
Oh no. Plenty of bass. I was saying that the comply tips and case off my Old XX's now belong to the new ones.. Lol They sound great right out of the box.. whole different league compared to the old HA-FX1X.. Can't wait till the HA FX40's to get here.. O_O
Edited by Formula - 5/25/12 at 4:31pm
Oh I was gonna say. Are you kidding me? Lol!. Ya it is hard to listen to the FX1X anymore to be honest.I completely misunderstood.. The refinements and sound tuning JVC did for these newer ones are something else. A sound that should not come out of earphones at this price..The bass gets a bit stronger on burn too. That lil wayne track is serious on these..
Every time I listen to the FX101 and I think. Ya I like these over the FX40s. Then when I listen to the FX40s. Ya these are it over the FX101. And it goes back n forth. Lol! It is insane.
Well considering how good these others sound. Even though none of us has gotten the FR201 yet. I am willing to bet those will have the exact same sound as the FX101 maybe even an upgrade. But I can't see how JVCs would throw in a lesser earphone with a mic.
Anyone willing to try one for the team??
No case with the 101's?, that's cool. So long as they sound the way that they do. I have cases already like the shure zippered soft case and hard cases. Roomy and nice. They're available separately, which is the way I got them.
Oh much like Formula. You guys are gonna take other earphone cases. Their tips. Lol. Start ditchin older earphones of their accessories..It is funny as even though I can be careless with these earphones I put them in a nice pouch and handle them with care like I do my other more expensive ones..These make you treat them like a more expensive earphone. IT is kinda funny to me actually.
@Formula how you like that portable riggy combo with these FX101? Nice pic by the way. I have yet to try these on my E11 actually. I need to do that.
Edited by Dsnuts - 5/25/12 at 6:24pm
Great title change Dsnuts. This will be my go to thread when I need new IEMs from now on :).
So after my initial attempts to tame the fx101 overbloated and totally wrong bass kept coming up a touch short I just gave up for a few days and started listening to some new music I got recently wishing I had picked up the FX40 instead. Despite finding some awesome tunes and getting used to the sound out of these phones the not so perfect tuning of these IEMs even with my quicktime EQ efforts just kept standing out. Once my frustration subsided I decided to attempt the endeavour with a bit more seriousness, didn't bother with wave samples since I've never done it that way just qeued up tunes with the tones I'm working on and looped them.
So one of my new favourite songs has a bit of a harsh sound to it, thought it'd be easier to work on that and I really like the song so I slid an upper mid frequency down 2db with a normal range (Cowon EQ lets you choose how broad the frequencies affected are around your particular slider as well as the center point for that wave, very smart and handy), hi hats still had a slight piercing sound to it so took most upper freq. down just 1db with wide range.. MUCH better. Went back to working the bass and had my EUREKA moment, turns out I couldn't drop the bass down properly because I couldn't and didn't want to, everytime I did the slight harshness of the upper mid had me inclined to fight it with extra bass to balance things out, I just didn't realize it because the wierd bass response was grabbing all of my attention and I didn't isolate the problem. Now I could go to work, dropped upper bass 2db with a normal range this time so that it'd catch midbass as well without killing the lowest ranges, then I dropped a frequency in the low midrange close to the upper bass 1db and left a large chunk of the midrange untouched. There was a hell of a lot more tweaking to it than that but I don't want to bore (too much :) ).
Anyways, after all of it, the potential I first heard when I popped these into my ears is now real. These cheapos now officially leave my nuforce in the dust, the sound is just SUBLIME. There is still very slight uneveness here and there I'm sure as with most phones but I'm loving the sound, every range is now so natural sounding and the bass is just.. oh so god damn smooth and detailed and pleasant, I didn't expect that. Just as I figured in the first place though, a good dap with some juice and effective EQ plus some capable IEMS (good extension and frequencies within a reasonable limit), no matter the price, that's a winning combo. These IEMs are not cheap sounding, you just have to know what you are doing and have some patience, unless you're loaded then you can buy great sound but it won't be $500,$300 or even $100 more of sound, actually it could even sound like crap if you totally don't know what you are doing. Oh well, nobody listens to people like me because we are not good for business. But I got more cash left now for what really matters, MUSIC! :D
Cheers Dsnuts, couldn't be happier with my IEMs. In fact my HFI780 are starting to collect dust, and my +$2k perfectly EQ'd HT setup gets powered on by my wife exclusively this past week.. how much do these IEMs cost down in the states again? LOL. Unreal
Edited by jiddu - 5/25/12 at 6:52pm
Wow that is some statement..I don't know if it was the synergy of these coming out of my Z1060 but the sound these had when I had the OH POO moment was with actually no eq for me.They didn't sound anything like cheapo earphones to my ears at all..I know for guys that like to tweek their sound these had potential but the foundation of the great sound was all there. That was perhaps the most intriguing aspect of both these earphones. The FX40 changes more than the FX101 for burn but for both burn is necessary. I am gonna have to test some various eq settings myself. As they are I can't argue with the sound coming out of my player. I have much much more expensive stuff that don't sound this good. So believe me I know.
I think the sound signature is different enough on both to warrant a future purchase of these FX40s if you see them for sale where you live. Both are quite astounding. Yes I got the FX101s for $16 shipped to me. Which makes these one of the best bargain for good sounding earphones I have ever heard.
Edited by Dsnuts - 5/25/12 at 7:17pm
I Actually just tried them straight from the iPod and it just sounded so flat and lifeless compared to the e11. My preference though is the iPad2/e11 combo. Can't really explain it though cause I really don't know audiophile terms and all. It just simply sounds better to my ears.
Oh yea the E11 if I was to guess will just throw your sound into overdrive. More stage thicker and wider sound. What not to like. Man I am listening to them on my Z1060 now. Oh mi gawsh. lol! JVC man. Freaking JVC. These guys are like.." Lets give them a great sounding earphone for free!". Aha sir we have to charge for materials at least." Oh yea lets charge $16 then"
I have to agree with your natural tone for sound on these. These have just a natural type tone for sound..Not dark or warm sounding and not bright at all.This is funny but I kinda don't want to A/B against my MMDTs.Lol!
New update.. Aha guys. So I have been burning my XF101s for a good 50 hours now..These are freaking me out. The highs are now more extended? Wut? I could have sworn the highs wasn't this clean when I heard them last. The sound seems to be polishing up with more burn. Wow.
Edited by Dsnuts - 5/25/12 at 7:40pm
- The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Xduoo Amplifiers 22 seconds ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 56 seconds ago
- › Grado GS2000e Loaner program 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Decrapifier released - USB power isolator 2 minutes ago
- › Taction Technology KANNON Headphone 3 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 3 minutes ago
- › Sony NW-WM1Z Owner and Impressions ! 3 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 3 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › LG V20 Sound Quality 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by crabdog
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphone by MattTCG
- › Bluedio V (Victory) Pro Patented PPS12 Drivers Wireless Bluetooth... by mark2410
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by Falconlistener
- › Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field... by ryanjsoo
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker (White) by mark2410
- › Questyle Q192 DAC with Headphone Amplifier silver by noobandroid
- › Meze 11 Neo by B9Scrambler
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by ExpatinJapan
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear