- 233 Posts. Joined 4/2013
- Location: Canberra, Australia
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productJVC HA-FX101tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productJVC HA-FX40-B Earphone - KV6902tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productPhilips SHE3580/28 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productPhilips SHE9700tagged by System, 1/7/12
- productPioneer DJE-1500-K Professional DJ In-Ear Headphonestagged by joe, 8/6/14
- productSony MH1 Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productThermaltake, In-ear Headsettagged by System, 12/31/11
- productVSONIC VC1000tagged by YOT, 6/26/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sturdy budget earphones, best bang for the buck? (Mostly for text) Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. Last post on 11/18/16 at 2:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Does it make sense to buy IEM's that match the DAC? Last post on 7/21/13 at 4:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- GR02 vs GR99 vs GR04 vs MH1C Last post on 11/4/12 at 3:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Introduction With thanks to my esteemed colleague and front page superstar @glassmonkey for fronting this review spectacular. 3 cheers also go out to Iain and the rest of the RHA team for...
Thanks go to earphonia.com who were pleased to let me give the excellently valued Co-Donguri earphone a spin. Pairings Equipment Hidizs AP60 Chord Mojo Dac Intro My second IEM...
Kaiser Encore: Early impressions Please note: This review is posted only so I could share my (very) early impressions, as I know many are eager to hear about the latest Noble (co-) flagship....
Note: I have previously reviewed the K10 from Noble, where I covered much of Noble’s history and order process. For this reason, I will use some of the portions of that review that pertain to Noble...
Founded in 2014 in Guangzhou, China, Shinrico is a company focused on digital electronic products in the field of high-tech enterprises. Recently I reviewed their excellent D3S Digital...
The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 1115
Gear mentioned in this thread:
oh no, pulled the trigger on the Yamahas, oh yes, after i read more reviews, seems like these phones can do almost no wrong and JS is so excited about them.....and amazon had only one left.....feel like i was just shot in the wallet, but its least a small hole....and if they are a cross between grad0 80ish like sound and es700s i will be in audio heaven...worth the chance....here we go again. that head-fief who suggested there
be a DISCOVERY ANONYMOUS program might have a good idea there...HA....
Rock metal. Jazz. pop, funk, punk, blues, classical, EDM, It all sounds kick ass to my ears. I have been putting off raking the back yard of all the leaves so I took my overnight burned in Yamahas with me to test how well they do.
OH MAN!..The sound as impressive as they were last night after a few hours of burn. I left them burning overnight and today the sound has filled out, bass region has filled out especially the sub region, mids seem more even, more fuller and treble has also smoothed out. Needless to say after listening to Stevie Ray Vaughan greatest for several hours. These cans are a freaking GEM.
Stevie came at me from a large stage where he was performing. Drums have deep impact with that agile timbre of drums vocals and guitars are clearly flowing..This sound! Guys that snapped these up. You are gonna be impressed on open box but wait till you get some burn in..The Awesome has ramped up tremendously.. You guys are gonna love this sound. These cans have leaped frogged up in my rankings overnight.
Edited by Dsnuts - 11/16/13 at 10:29am
Can't wait to try these out. The Yamaha HPH-200BL.. There is a white model that is Japan only I believe..These would be a departure from the much colored Panasonic 480s. More into the open wide stage higher grade sound.. Had a good feeling on this one.
I have read nothing but praise on how these sound. Including one DannyBai..The Aussies, The Brits, The Japanese.. Yet we at headfi have mostly overlooked these except for a few.. A hidden gem? Could be. Not too many wide staged portable open cans. If these sound the way Danny's been describing them to me. I think we have found something worthy of this thread.
quite intrigued. but it's not a new model, is it?
now, which one to get? these or the jvc 680 CNT?
Sven MS1040. they are cheap 2.1 multimedia speakers but they sound surprisingly good...
The last purchase I allowed myself for the year was the GEEK DAC as a Christmas present. I'm not bothered by it that much, though. Sure, I'd love to have the money to throw at headphones, but there's something to be said for taking time and observing everyone else's experiences. Maybe this hyping will be all it takes to start finding some HPH-200s in the For Sale forums soon.
Pioneer SP-BS21-LR speakers through a lepai T-class amp. About $100 for the set of speakers and the amp, and they sound great.
I have both of the Audyssey Lower East Side Media speakers and the Wireless Bluetooth version. Both purchased from woot.com and both are 2.0 speakers with bass radiators on the back. Great warm sound.
JVC HA-S680 make a decent desktop speaker - I can put my NFS-11.32 on high gain and volume at 1-2PM - the sound fills the room
No need to spend extra money on speakers.
By the looks of the pads, JVC HA-S680 is much more comfortable.
Also, being open, the Yamaha really requires a quiet environment to enjoy your music - which can be hard to find for a long period of time.
This is why my HE-400 doesn't get much playing time, even though it is the best headphone I own.
What's even the point of making a portable open headphone, if you can't use them on the go?
- The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Buying new headphones in $20-$130 range, please help 7 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 13 seconds ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 37 seconds ago
- › CanJam NYC 2017 (February 4-5, 2017) 1 minute ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Cypherus Audio Products Appreciation and Discussion Thread:... 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Need help choosing new cans - BT 770 PRO vs. ATH-MSR7 vs. SRH840 -... 4 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 6 minutes ago
- › TFZ Series 1 by noobandroid
- › 1MORE EO323 Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by mark2410
- › iFi iCan Nano Portable Headphone Amp by noobandroid
- › RHA CL750 by Takeanidea
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by Takeanidea
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Sorensiim
- › Noble Audio Katana by cvbcbcmv
- › Shinrico E11 Portable Headphone Amplifier by crabdog
- › FiiO A5 Portable Headphone Amplifier by Brooko
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by HiFiChris
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear