- 233 Posts. Joined 4/2013
- Location: Canberra, Australia
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productJVC HA-FX101tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productJVC HA-FX40-B Earphone - KV6902tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productPhilips SHE3580/28 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productPhilips SHE9700tagged by System, 1/7/12
- productPioneer DJE-1500-K Professional DJ In-Ear Headphonestagged by joe, 8/6/14
- productSony MH1 Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productThermaltake, In-ear Headsettagged by System, 12/31/11
- productVSONIC VC1000tagged by YOT, 6/26/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sturdy budget earphones, best bang for the buck? (Mostly for text) Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. Last post on 11/18/16 at 2:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Does it make sense to buy IEM's that match the DAC? Last post on 7/21/13 at 4:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- GR02 vs GR99 vs GR04 vs MH1C Last post on 11/4/12 at 3:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Disclaimer: This unit was provided to me by Brannan of Noble Audio to provide the guy’s participating in the massdrop, or those on the fence, with a better idea of what to expect. This is cutting...
These are just plain excellent. I was never really a believer in IEMs, but I am now. These Philips SHE3590s are a real eye-opener. According to the ratings here on Head-Fi, these do, in fact,...
Lately it seems that almost every week there are new (or at least unheard of by most) companies releasing new DAPs (Digital Audio Players). This is great for the consumer because more products...
Vibro Labs - Maya Review November 2016 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Firstly a thanks to Ejong7 & Luke Pighetti @ Vibro labs for...
The Tri-Vista 21 was a limited edition DAC sold in late 2004, early 2005. It was massively overbuilt - great power supply and output stage, and ran extremely long life 5703 milspec tubes, which are...
The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 1115
Gear mentioned in this thread:
oh no, pulled the trigger on the Yamahas, oh yes, after i read more reviews, seems like these phones can do almost no wrong and JS is so excited about them.....and amazon had only one left.....feel like i was just shot in the wallet, but its least a small hole....and if they are a cross between grad0 80ish like sound and es700s i will be in audio heaven...worth the chance....here we go again. that head-fief who suggested there
be a DISCOVERY ANONYMOUS program might have a good idea there...HA....
Rock metal. Jazz. pop, funk, punk, blues, classical, EDM, It all sounds kick ass to my ears. I have been putting off raking the back yard of all the leaves so I took my overnight burned in Yamahas with me to test how well they do.
OH MAN!..The sound as impressive as they were last night after a few hours of burn. I left them burning overnight and today the sound has filled out, bass region has filled out especially the sub region, mids seem more even, more fuller and treble has also smoothed out. Needless to say after listening to Stevie Ray Vaughan greatest for several hours. These cans are a freaking GEM.
Stevie came at me from a large stage where he was performing. Drums have deep impact with that agile timbre of drums vocals and guitars are clearly flowing..This sound! Guys that snapped these up. You are gonna be impressed on open box but wait till you get some burn in..The Awesome has ramped up tremendously.. You guys are gonna love this sound. These cans have leaped frogged up in my rankings overnight.
Edited by Dsnuts - 11/16/13 at 10:29am
Can't wait to try these out. The Yamaha HPH-200BL.. There is a white model that is Japan only I believe..These would be a departure from the much colored Panasonic 480s. More into the open wide stage higher grade sound.. Had a good feeling on this one.
I have read nothing but praise on how these sound. Including one DannyBai..The Aussies, The Brits, The Japanese.. Yet we at headfi have mostly overlooked these except for a few.. A hidden gem? Could be. Not too many wide staged portable open cans. If these sound the way Danny's been describing them to me. I think we have found something worthy of this thread.
quite intrigued. but it's not a new model, is it?
now, which one to get? these or the jvc 680 CNT?
Sven MS1040. they are cheap 2.1 multimedia speakers but they sound surprisingly good...
The last purchase I allowed myself for the year was the GEEK DAC as a Christmas present. I'm not bothered by it that much, though. Sure, I'd love to have the money to throw at headphones, but there's something to be said for taking time and observing everyone else's experiences. Maybe this hyping will be all it takes to start finding some HPH-200s in the For Sale forums soon.
Pioneer SP-BS21-LR speakers through a lepai T-class amp. About $100 for the set of speakers and the amp, and they sound great.
I have both of the Audyssey Lower East Side Media speakers and the Wireless Bluetooth version. Both purchased from woot.com and both are 2.0 speakers with bass radiators on the back. Great warm sound.
JVC HA-S680 make a decent desktop speaker - I can put my NFS-11.32 on high gain and volume at 1-2PM - the sound fills the room
No need to spend extra money on speakers.
By the looks of the pads, JVC HA-S680 is much more comfortable.
Also, being open, the Yamaha really requires a quiet environment to enjoy your music - which can be hard to find for a long period of time.
This is why my HE-400 doesn't get much playing time, even though it is the best headphone I own.
What's even the point of making a portable open headphone, if you can't use them on the go?
- The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sources for 45 singles 9 seconds ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 2 minutes ago
- › B&O H9 Discussion and Impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 3 minutes ago
- › Sys Concept 3.5mm to Toslink short optical cable for... 3 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 3 minutes ago
- › LG V20 Sound Quality 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 5 minutes ago
- › Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV Player by wt - screenless budget dual mono... 5 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 6 minutes ago
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › NiNTAUS X10 HiFi Lossless Music Player by crabdog
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with... by e07015
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by dnun8086
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by MentalDraco
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear