or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 1097

post #16441 of 32896

I just got Hifiman pads for my Pioneer HDJ 2000, had been a suggestion. Also did very minor mod (in threat on modding hdj-2000), taped vents on back of cups (something like this was recommended for the JVC HA- S500). Haven't done A-B comparisons, but does seem to tighten up bass a bit, clear up midrange, detail better, like it, really easy, too. May have to reevaluate (earpads really comfortable as well, though the fit isn't really perfect, round cups, oval pads, but seems to work)

post #16442 of 32896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bloggs View Post
 

Check out the new FiiO-branded pantsu!

Hook it UP JOE......so we can all have a Fiio..................................... pantsu party that is. ;)

 

Diggin' the new look btw, very sensual. :cool:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post
 

You buy red panties?

When you put undergarments on the wrong body part?

 

Guess I was in before I had even joined....

^ No need to state the obvious we are VERY well aware of your sick cat freak tendencies....... :regular_smile :

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutnicks View Post
 


You sleep in Panda Pajamas

 

A modding thread replaces Adult video sites in your bookmarks.

 

You start buying Il Mostro products.

^ Figures you're a weirdo as well Nickie_Huts, shouldn't really have surprised me cuz you're Canadian afterall. :rolleyes:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnkcow View Post
 

 

 

Seems like Inks who always blasted others for nothing but hype... has become a hype-man himself by his logic...

 

Thanks guys!

^ The whole thing is strange as hell, he didn't even give in depth impressions, nor a proper writeup/ review then is already sending them out to some stupid auditioning tour??? It's a $20 IEM for god sake!!! Just get one if you are THAT interested cuz shipping alone is like 1/3 of the price of the IEM. :rolleyes:

 

Inks seems like he doesn't know what the hell he is doing tbh.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post
 

In the case of the people here, you've rendered their wallets unrescuable. 

 

You guys want to read this, I was snorting my yogurt all throughout the piece.

 

I hadn't the hindsight nor the resources to try them out with anything other than the Walkman/Discman at the time, so my impressions were of a slight U-shape (even then, the midrange was rather good). They are ridiculously sensitive, I'm not sure what the impedance curve looks like myself.

 

I'm positive that they'd sound radically different if I had the Clip Zip available (they were out because the 64GB microSD I had in there got corrupted and it took a month before I got out of my stupor and replaced it), the DAC1 had been gone for months so Walkman it had been.

Those are kinda interesting but the form factor/ looks are soooo meh, not really that interested. Plus it is kinda hard to buy if you don't know how to use the Chinese forwarding system so not really worth it in my book. When it gets easier to buy then maybe.

post #16443 of 32896
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post

 

^ Figures you're a weirdo as well Nickie_Huts, shouldn't really have surprised me cuz you're Canadian afterall. :rolleyes:

 

Weirder the better. Was having an Un Go moment with the Panda PJ's god knows what'll happen next!

 

^ The whole thing is strange as hell, he didn't even give in depth impressions, nor a proper writeup/ review then is already sending them out to some stupid auditioning tour??? It's a $20 IEM for god sake!!! Just get one if you are THAT interested cuz shipping alone is like 1/3 of the price of the IEM. :rolleyes:

 

Inks seems like he doesn't know what the hell he is doing tbh.

 

He's making the shippers rich. How to generate 500 bucks revenue from a 20 buck item. DOLT ought to be banned on general principle.

 

 

post #16444 of 32896

For the last two hours I've been a-b-cing the AX-60, DN-1K, and MA750. Just three really great earphones, each with its own special quality and characteristics. I wish I had time to go into depth what stands out in each of them, but I don't. But at the various price points you can't go wrong with anyone of these three. I love all three. Do I have preference? Yes. Out of the three the AX60 has a depth, imaging, space, and thickness out of this world. you just have to get the right shallow fit with it. And the bass! The bass is what the FXZ100-200s should have been. Powerful, forceful, clear, detailed, but never too overpowering. Make no mistake though, it is a basshead hybrid (in a neutral sort of way if that makes any sense....lol).

post #16445 of 32896

Been listening past 2 hours (while doing work on the computer, :(), to the "modded" (minimal) Pioneer HDJ-2000. Really enjoying the sound. Softer than some of the other over/on ear phones I own (except the Senn 650), but plenty of detail, not fatiguing, and REALLY comfortable, lot to be said for that!

post #16446 of 32896

I'm beginning to think SF and TwinQy are really the same person-whenever TwinQy posts, SF is always there, must be a schzoid split personality thing going on. Another possibility-they are a modern, up to date team like Abbot and Costello...

post #16447 of 32896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Simpson View Post
 


I would appreciate it mate :normal_smile : 

Here goes.  

 

MA750's have a grander sound all together.  Bass is fuller on the MA750 but the Gratitudes hit fast and has this texture that's really incredible.  I think the Gratitudes might have the best bass I've heard in awhile.  Vocals are much fuller on the MA750's.  Makes the Gratitudes sound thin.  Treble is sparklier on the Gratitudes but the MA750's are smoother.  The MA750's have an overall surround sound effect and the Gratitudes sound closed in when compared.  Fit on both can be tricky and will affect the sound.  I like both a lot but I still give the edge to the MA750's for overall presentation.  

post #16448 of 32896

Quick question DannyBai, did you try the Grats with the triple flange tips? I personally found them to increase soundstage, extend bass and smooth treble. The gel tips on the other hand completely destroyed the SQ for me, small soundstage and muddy sound.

post #16449 of 32896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutnicks View Post
 

He's making the shippers rich. How to generate 500 bucks revenue from a 20 buck item. DOLT ought to be banned on general principle.

 

Looks like mystery solved!!! Here have a cracker Mr. Nicks. :tongue:

 

Though Twinkies might fight you to the death for it. :evil:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjazz View Post
 

I'm beginning to think SF and TwinQy are really the same person-whenever TwinQy posts, SF is always there, must be a schzoid split personality thing going on. Another possibility-they are a modern, up to date team like Abbot and Costello...

^ That's AMAZING insight doc!!! :eek: Much MUCH better than the "theory" that WAYNE and i were the same person as well. hoho :veryevil:

 

Or maybe i am just in hot pursuit after that P**** ;) ..... here kitty kitty cat. HE HE HE :devil_face:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post
 

Here goes.  

 

MA750's have a grander sound all together.  Bass is fuller on the MA750 but the Gratitudes hit fast and has this texture that's really incredible.  I think the Gratitudes might have the best bass I've heard in awhile.  Vocals are much fuller on the MA750's.  Makes the Gratitudes sound thin.  Treble is sparklier on the Gratitudes but the MA750's are smoother.  The MA750's have an overall surround sound effect and the Gratitudes sound closed in when compared.  Fit on both can be tricky and will affect the sound.  I like both a lot but I still give the edge to the MA750's for overall presentation.  

^ Good stuff Danny, those Grads seems to sound kinda similar to these VSD1 LEs in the texture/ bass department but these LEs has headroom/ 3Dness MUCH MUCH better than the JVC FXZ200s.

 

Damn think i can found my "PERFECT" sounding iem. :ph34r: Can let go of all my gears and not have a care whatsoever. :eek: 

 

HYPED!!! :triportsad:


Edited by sfwalcer - 11/6/13 at 8:46pm
post #16450 of 32896
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.R.A.N.C.E. View Post

Quick question DannyBai, did you try the Grats with the triple flange tips? I personally found them to increase soundstage, extend bass and smooth treble. The gel tips on the other hand completely destroyed the SQ for me, small soundstage and muddy sound.

You know the only Monster tips that worked for me was the large silicon ones. I use the Auvio tips after trying a whole gamut.
post #16451 of 32896
You might have to share those LE's sf so I can hear the awesomeness.
post #16452 of 32896
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post

You might have to share those LE's sf so I can hear the awesomeness.


HE HE HE in due time Danny in due time, if everything goes according to plan that is. :evil:

 

Wish me luck!!! :ksc75smile:

post #16453 of 32896

post #16454 of 32896
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post
 

 

Great band/track!!!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Simpson View Post
 


I would appreciate it mate :normal_smile : 

Here goes.  

 

MA750's have a grander sound all together.  Bass is fuller on the MA750 but the Gratitudes hit fast and has this texture that's really incredible.  I think the Gratitudes might have the best bass I've heard in awhile.  Vocals are much fuller on the MA750's.  Makes the Gratitudes sound thin.  Treble is sparklier on the Gratitudes but the MA750's are smoother.  The MA750's have an overall surround sound effect and the Gratitudes sound closed in when compared.  Fit on both can be tricky and will affect the sound.  I like both a lot but I still give the edge to the MA750's for overall presentation.  

Interesting, I would write the comparison up really similarly (haven't compared in a while, but the impressions really line up with mine), but I'd take the exact same descriptions, and give the edge to the Monsters...this is where taste comes in, I suppose.

post #16455 of 32896

 

the BEST SONG IN THE HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153