or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 109

post #1621 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

 

If I told you guys these will hang with a Monster Miles Davis Tribute MSRP $305 earphones. or a MSRP $200 MG7. Would you believe me?  Cuz they do.

 

Yeah, I believe you. I've had the MG7 and didn't find it all that great. Disappointing for the price actually.

post #1622 of 32858
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katun View Post

 

Yeah, I believe you. I've had the MG7 and didn't find it all that great. Disappointing for the price actually.

 

Did you see my A/B against them? Lol!.  Oh the irony.  We are analyzing $16 earphones on the worlds number 1 audiophile site.

 

Gentlemen. This alone is crazy....

post #1623 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

Did you see my A/B against them? Lol!.  Oh the irony.  We are analyzing $16 earphones on the worlds number 1 audiophile site.

 

Gentlemen. This alone is crazy....

 

No, I haven't. Link?

post #1624 of 32858
Thread Starter 
post #1625 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

We are analyzing $16 earphones on the worlds number 1 audiophile site.

Gentlemen. This alone is crazy....
Well, IMO the Phillips SHE3850 is clearer, more balanced, and has much more obvious sub-bass that I can feel as much as hear. The FX40 is darker to me with less-smooth treble and less-focused bass compared to the SHE3850, which is only $13! The FX40 is probably going to my son who has a litle Zune player that has a thinner sound and no EQ that matches with the FX40 pretty well.
post #1626 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmhaynes View Post


The FX40 is probably going to my son who has a litle Zune player that has a thinner sound and no EQ that matches with the FX40 pretty well.

 

That'll come back to haunt you, lol. Years later, "Dad, remember when you gave me that crap pair of IEMs? I'll never forget that! , LOL.

post #1627 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

If I told you guys these will hang with a Monster Miles Davis Tribute MSRP $305 earphones. or a MSRP $200 MG7. Would you believe me?  Cuz they do.

 

Can't wait to A/B with Miles Davis, mine having had over 300 hours burn-in. If the FX-101's hose the Miles, I just might send back the more costly pair within a 30 day guarantee. I like the Miles sound enough to overlook the bling factor and weighty housings. Had some quality time with them tonight, in fact.

post #1628 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmhaynes View Post


Well, IMO the Phillips SHE3850 is clearer, more balanced, and has much more obvious sub-bass that I can feel as much as hear. The FX40 is darker to me with less-smooth treble and less-focused bass compared to the SHE3850, which is only $13! The FX40 is probably going to my son who has a litle Zune player that has a thinner sound and no EQ that matches with the FX40 pretty well.

 

confused.gif The last word I'd use to describe the FX40 is dark.

post #1629 of 32858
Wow after an overnight burn these 101s are amazing. I think this is a better general suggestion for most as it is a sound I feel more will agree with easier. I feel these 101s represent the new modern balance. How did JVC fit a balanced sub in these?
post #1630 of 32858
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FieldingMellish View Post

 

Can't wait to A/B with Miles Davis, mine having had over 300 hours burn-in. If the FX-101's hose the Miles, I just might send back the more costly pair within a 30 day guarantee. I like the Miles sound enough to overlook the bling factor and weighty housings. Had some quality time with them tonight, in fact.


I would keep the MMDTs. They have a certain colored quality about them that is appealing for the musical sound. I enjoy them myself to be honest. But what will surprise is how good these cheapo FX101s are gonna sound in comparison.

 

Now for the MG7s. Hmmm ya get rid of that non sense.

post #1631 of 32858

Guys I just got the FX101s (you know I couldn't resist =p) but I'm having some trouble. Small tips are too small, and med tips are too big. Know any good tips I can try out?

post #1632 of 32858
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugen3 View Post

Guys I just got the FX101s (you know I couldn't resist =p) but I'm having some trouble. Small tips are too small, and med tips are too big. Know any good tips I can try out?


Try out your CKM500 tips. If you have complys they work. UE tips will work too. I bet your FXt90 tips might work. Try this and that.

post #1633 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post


I would keep the MMDTs. They have a certain colored quality about them that is appealing for the musical sound. I enjoy them myself to be honest. But what will surprise is how good these cheapo FX101s are gonna sound in comparison.

 

Now for the MG7s. Hmmm ya get rid of that non sense.

 

 

Wow. Read your post too late. Miles flew the coop already. MG7'll be right behind Miles. atsmile.gif

post #1634 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prakhar View Post

Do the fx40s hiss with the zo2? Also which seem to have the better fit of the 2, fx40 or fx101?

 

Yes, the hiss is noticeable with the FX40 on the ZO2. Not so much you notice it while there's music, but in between songs or during silence, it's there.

post #1635 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by FieldingMellish View Post

 

No lol! I have the MG7.... Also the Tributes. blink.gif

 

Gotta say, though, that sub-bass perception is a matter of comparison. Tonight, I tested my Tributes listening to Blu-Ray of The Dark Night. What was supposed to be uber deep bass was rolled or just a deep thump; no lengthy rumble like I hear using D5000's. I think we're getting fooled by an IEM's warm sound and thinking it's bass. But if it's musical bass with its natural instrumental level of depth, the Tributes are great. But not the dynamic bass going into real low registers and pushing a bunch of air.

 

Back on topic, I am looking forward to A/B'ing the Tributes, MG7 and HA-FX101; THEN with the CK500's. Interesting to see the last man standing. popcorn.gif


I too have the MMDTs and I think they're actually a bit lacking in the sub-bass department. Everything from around 18-40hz is pretty rolled off. As you accurately pointed out, the warmth in the low and midbass 80-300hz gives a perception of deep bass, but it's just not there. To be honest, I'm kind of glad they have the rolled off sub frequencies. I don't think the driver in the MMDT is fast enough to handle that kind of response.

Personally I think both the SHE3580 and the FX40 are better in 18-60hz than the MMDTs.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153