or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 1078

post #16156 of 32858
Thread Starter 

Ok so it seems the Fidelio L2 I heard at Canjam is starting to pick up some fuel. Guys I am not kidding when I say the $300 fidelio L2 left a big impression on me even though I was listening to some of the top end headphones at the show. I kept on taking the headphone off my head because the rich sound seemed like it was coming from outside the cups. I am slated to get a review pair sometime in December from Philips but for now check out this article from Headfonia. Start saving your money.. This is no ordinary headphone. It is going to be THE headphone to get in January when they launch it world wide..The driver in this thing. I have no idea what Philips did but it is remarkable. I was very surprised how fantastic this thing sounded very expansive 3 dimensional sound.I simply can't wait to get my paws on a pair.

 

http://www.headfonia.com/the-phenomenal-philips-fidelio-l2-feat-fidelio-m1bt-review/ 

post #16157 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post
 


Am i not right???

 

... the resemblance is uncanny. :triportsad:

 

 

... PREACH HICKEY_NICKS PREACH!!! :tongue_smile:

 

Coolios glad those M200 still are good in you book. :)

 

Oh and i made ericp one as well. : P

 

... as ghetto as it gets. Literally 5 mins of MS PAINT. SWAG!!! :cool:

 

 

What is wrong with you!!!? lol   :blink:

post #16158 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post
 

Ok so it seems the Fidelio L2 I heard at Canjam is starting to pick up some fuel. Guys I am not kidding when I say the $300 fidelio L2 left a big impression on me even though I was listening to some of the top end headphones at the show. I kept on taking the headphone off my head because the rich sound seemed like it was coming from outside the cups. I am slated to get a review pair sometime in December from Philips but for now check out this article from Headfonia. Start saving your money.. This is no ordinary headphone. It is going to be THE headphone to get in January when they launch it world wide..The driver in this thing. I have no idea what Philips did but it is remarkable. I was very surprised how fantastic this thing sounded very expansive 3 dimensional sound.I simply can't wait to get my paws on a pair.

 

http://www.headfonia.com/the-phenomenal-philips-fidelio-l2-feat-fidelio-m1bt-review/ 

And how does it compare to the X1 (which I have on my ears at this moment and I absolutely love with my Zu cable - listening to my boxed-set of rock group Chicago's first 10 albums)?

post #16159 of 32858
Thread Starter 

It is a different presentation all together. From memory, the sound was actually more expansive even though the L2 is smaller headphone..It was more technical and balanced better over the X1. What Wowed me was the stage of the phones. It left a scar on me! Trust me Eric it will be money well worth spent. I have not heard anything quite like them before I heard them. The sound was amazing. I listened to them twice just to confirm what I was hearing. The Fidelio L2 represents a game changer for Philips. New developed drivers is what I was told by the engineer there at the show. I do believe this is the new direction they are going and will eventually develop a new X2. As good as the X1 is, it was the L2 that I couldn't stop thinking about since the show.

 

I was more impressed with the L2 than the Alpha Dogs to be completely honest. But that has more to do with how I like a rich sound vs a thinner flat presentation.


Edited by Dsnuts - 11/2/13 at 7:44am
post #16160 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post
 

It is a different presentation all together. From memory, the sound was actually more expansive even though the L2 is smaller headphone..It was more technical and balanced better over the X1. What Wowed me was the stage of the phones. It left a scar on me! Trust me Eric it will be money well worth spent. I have not heard anything quite like them before I heard them. The sound was amazing. I listened to them twice just to confirm what I was hearing. The Fidelio L2 represents a game changer for Philips. New developed drivers is what I was told by the engineer there at the show. I do believe this is the new direction they are going and will eventually develop a new X2. As good as the X1 is, it was the L2 that I couldn't stop thinking about since the show.

 

I was more impressed with the L2 than the Alpha Dogs to be completely honest. But that has more to do with how I like a rich sound vs a thinner flat presentation.

 

 

Cool, well the X1 has made me a fan of the Fidelio line (S2 too), so I'll have to try it out.

post #16161 of 32858
Thread Starter 

Mike at headfonia is like our Jude for headfi. He gets and listens to just about the best the world audio manufacturers has to offer.. He is guilty of hyping a product but he has good reason to say the L2 is comparable to many headphones hovering on the 1K range. Believe it or not compared to the other much more expensive cans I heard at the show..I would have bought the L2 right there and then if I could have.

 

It does represent a leap in SQ for a $300 phone.

post #16162 of 32858

Wtf, these Qadbeats 2 means business. I actually prefer them to my VSD1 by some margin so far. Comparing them to the S2 now!

 

More to come about these.......

post #16163 of 32858

hey guys, I prepped my own picture for Nutman November

post #16164 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter123 View Post
 

Wtf, these Qadbeats 2 means business. I actually prefer them to my VSD1 by some margin so far. Comparing them to the S2 now!

 

More to come about these.......

 

You're getting me excited... keep 'em coming!

Still can't believe my pair hasn't arrived yet.

post #16165 of 32858

Anyone compared the Quadbeats2 to the Gratitudes?

post #16166 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwong View Post
 

Anyone compared the Quadbeats2 to the Gratitudes?

I've not a A-B'ed them yet but I would say that the Gratitudes are better for my preferences. I'll need to giveth QB2 some more time before I come with more impressions, The first one was jus a teaser :D

post #16167 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post
 

I was more impressed with the L2 than the Alpha Dogs to be completely honest. But that has more to do with how I like a rich sound vs a thinner flat presentation.

 

It was while reading your comments in the L2 thread, and reading the headphonia review regarding the L2, that it really hit home how dangerously addictive this hobby is (and how dangerous for the wallet)!

 

My powers of resistance against getting the L2's are already pretty much non-existent. :eek:

post #16168 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

 
I was more impressed with the L2 than the Alpha Dogs to be completely honest. But that has more to do with how I like a rich sound vs a thinner flat presentation.

It was while reading your comments in the L2 thread, and reading the headphonia review regarding the L2, that it really hit home how dangerously addictive this hobby is (and how dangerous for the wallet)!

My powers of resistance against getting the L2's are already pretty much non-existent. eek.gif

This is why I take *insert random amount of months* breaks from Head-Fi. I get my headphone upgrade fix on the same cycle as I get my android phone upgrade fix.
post #16169 of 32858
Brilliant idea Vain but man it's hard to do, especially knowing the L2 will be out in a couple of months. Hopefully the X2 takes much longer than that.
post #16170 of 32858
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post

Brilliant idea Vain but man it's hard to do, especially knowing the L2 will be out in a couple of months. Hopefully the X2 takes much longer than that.

frown.gif If only I could take my own advice. I always get sucked in for a couple months when I come back. I came back to upgrade my V-Moda M80s to something new. I've already purchased the Gratitude's. Going to purchase the M200's. I'm going to be getting the Focal Spirit Ones (for basically free - shipping) and I still need to find a pair of On-Ear for my fiancee to purchase for me for Christmas; it's a Christmas Ritual that she buys me a new phone and a pair of headphones, while I buy her two pairs of expensive shoes and a very expensive purse.

Speaking of my fiancee... she's out of town until Monday morning and I've decided I am going to rearrange everything so that when she comes back home she'll think she entered into the wrong house biggrin.gif.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153