Cool, Eric, so un-Methany (then again, he did time with Ornette Coleman...obviously can do anything, musically AND technically!)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productJVC HA-FX101tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productJVC HA-FX40-B Earphone - KV6902tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productPhilips SHE3580/28 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productPhilips SHE9700tagged by System, 1/7/12
- productPioneer DJE-1500-K Professional DJ In-Ear Headphonestagged by joe, 8/6/14
- productSony MH1 Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/29/12
- productThermaltake, In-ear Headsettagged by System, 12/31/11
- productVSONIC VC1000tagged by YOT, 6/26/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sturdy budget earphones, best bang for the buck? (Mostly for text) Last post on 9/26/12 at 5:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. Last post on 11/18/16 at 2:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Does it make sense to buy IEM's that match the DAC? Last post on 7/21/13 at 4:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- GR02 vs GR99 vs GR04 vs MH1C Last post on 11/4/12 at 3:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
SPECS: Driver Type 8mm Dynamic Plug Type 3.5mm Gold-plated Cord Length 1.3m Y Frequency Response 12 Hz – 22...
1MORE Capsule Dual-Driver In-Ear Headphones Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to 1MORE UK for the review sample. Full review...
Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Massdrop for the loaner. Full review...
I was an early adopter of the original hifiman he-1000 (part of the original beta group). At the end of the beta period I elected to keep the product and it was replaced with the newest and latest...
Bluedio Victory Bluetooth and Optical Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Bluedio for the sample. Full review...
The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 1033
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Who's he playing with, that European orchestra that invites jazz guests (Denmark sticks in my head, could be wrong)?
North Sea Jazz Fest. Metropole Orchestra.
Looks like they stick out a bit more than expected, seems it'd be at the edge of feeling comfortable while lying sideways on bed. The build quality certainly is good enough for this application
For those that managed to get one of those Moxpad X3s - any impressions on them yet?
Also, a few weeks in, still no reply from ANYMODE despite my multiple emails.
Looks like I might get my Monos in after the long weekend as well...
I actually find the MA750 to work well in bed...and I have fit problems with them otherwise. They are pretty flat and small (the picture makes them look bigger than I think they really are), and I can lie in bed ear down and it doesn't bother me. Actually, seems to help the side I lie down on as far as fit goes, the pressure of my head pushes them in the tiniest bit more to get good seal (they have very small nozzle as well, don't go deep into the ear, I think that is where many have the fit/seal problem).
OK, listened last night...not sure I'm the one to give definitive impressions on this...I never like most of these oddball shaped iem's. My preference is the "bullet" shape, Etymotic, Tenore, others like that. The GR07's have sat around because I have trouble with seal/comfort on them. I played with tips for a bit, settled on some Monster tips. Next, I think my GR07's have some channel imbalence, the L side seemed quieter than it should be (wasn't dead, though). Now, having said that, seemed the 750's KILLED the GR07, more alive, wider, both have detail but really enjoyed listening to the 750's MUCH more, even trying to take all the above into account. GR07's kinda flat, boring in comparison (BE probably meant to fix this to some extent).
Do the 750s kill the Monster Gratitudes as well?
No, I don't think they kill the Gratitudes at all...just did a mini version of the direct comparison I did yesterday with the Sony's and the 750's, most of the same songs. Now, let me reiterate, I don't find the fit of the 750's easy to manage...I think I have the tips that work, give a decent seal and I get good bass, but it's a delicate fit at best. Maybe that is coloring my impressions...they don't fit in with many in Whose Ears We Trust. Having said that, I got the same general impressions comparing the Gratitudes and the 750's. The 750's are space monsters...wide soundstage, open, quiet soundstage/space between instruments, and this has a way of pulling you in, a WOW factor. Bass is really good, another thing that helps propel music and gives more "Wow". I do think they become a bit congested when the music gets complex...again, I think the monsters flesh little details out better than the 750's. Cymbals are more "cymbal-y", acoustic guitars more...well, you get the picture. This shouldn't be so shocking-they were made to be about $300 iem's, they should have some really strong, musical characteristics. The fact that they can be had for <$100 (seen them in the $60 range) makes they a great bargain. I don't want to come off like I dislike the 750's...on the contrary, they are fun to listen to and a good music transducer, but overall, if I had to just pick one, I'd go Monster (Gratitudes fit is MUCH better for me...ymmv, as I keep saying. That may make a huge difference, dunno)
Haven't heard the GR07 BE, may like it, who knows, lots of people love the original, different strokes and all that.Am really curious about the ASG-2, Cardas, others...hopefully I'll get a listen at some point to these, should take a break and listen to what I got
Dude I'm really tempted to get these now... I was already comtemplating a dx50 but a free r3 doesnt hurt.
Yeah, I know - the temptation is strong but I already lasted this long without buying x3 or dx50 and I'm kinda set on buying the x5, so I think I can last few more months for it. I have a strong will - dsnuts was also going to wait for it and he cracked so bad buying both x3 and dx50 but I can show some superior fortitude. Even if I buy a dx50 now I'll still want to buy the x5 anyway, so I might just wait for it and probably invest these 250 bucks in a ps4 purchase.
My 1KS continue to burn in, up to about 200 hours, so i am sneeking a peek at the sq with my new DX50.
I am blown away, its a unique and tremendously synergistic experience. Basshead music never sounded so
good on any system except live shows. all of the research DS put into synerthy exporations really paid off.
I could retire a happy man from this thread and listen to this one for years. haven't even put an Ray Samuels
amp on the combo or E12 on it, but thats next and surely will control the bass even more. Dont believe anything
said that the 1K is artificial sounding until you hear it with a DX50. ITS A MATCH MADE IN AUDIO HEAVEN!
let the burn in continue and the amp experiments commence!
- The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Breaking News: HE1000 V2 21 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 1 minute ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Thebit OPUS#2 Dap - out September/October 2016. 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by NA Blur
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by mark2410
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphone by MattTCG
- › Bluedio V (Victory) Pro Patented PPS12 Drivers Wireless Bluetooth... by mark2410
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by Falconlistener
- › Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field... by ryanjsoo
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker (White) by mark2410
- › Questyle Q192 DAC with Headphone Amplifier silver by noobandroid
- › Meze 11 Neo by B9Scrambler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear