or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153 - Page 968

post #14506 of 32862

 

 

Last one-official video (band has changed personnel, think I liked the earlier group more, but the songs remain the same...)


Edited by doctorjazz - 9/21/13 at 8:45pm
post #14507 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick n View Post

 

WOW Found them in your hand going home it looks like! Or is that at the store?

 

 What gets me specifically interested in them is if there is a decent driver itself then what sort of space are we looking at in there to add some tweakage to alter a bit of the slight undesirables.

 I'm talking like some Stax Micron Glasswool discs or pinch of Twaron Angelhair or even various foam plugs. Just enough to toy around within what the specific valve tips do. Yeah the modimicationing in my disturbed mind already.:wink: Sounds like this might be alterable like I hope. they come with 4 valves then right.

 

 

Can you let us know in a bit when they get a bit of time on them if these were indeed take-homes?

Interested to see how the would tone down , if at all, with a bit of pounding.( any mention of titanium or anything on them 'phrams )

 

 

A spherical staging, are you meaning around you, or out in front-around you?

 

THANKS for checking them out

 

 

I knew the KEF 200 were large but that is exxxtremely xxx large.

 

 

Am drawn to the Atomic Floyd Powerjax as well. That form factor seems pretty good fitting and their build is top notch from what I read also what little there is to read. Colour schemes a little beatsish unfortunately.

At the store. My wallet was tapped out after last night so I didn't bother bringing it. If I was inclined I might have gotten another pair of RE-400s along with the Torques. It's the strangest thing - I always find some of the best middle mids on these V-shaped fun machines. And then I spend forever pushing that V back into its proper _ place. The Torques are one of those fun machines.

 

There's no space in the back - as you can see there's a disk in front of the driver that takes up a lot of space. The valves take up pretty much half of the entire IEM. If you're going to mess around with it you're limited to the valves. There's no ringing as far as I hear, I might have to bring more test tones during the next audition. The reds are capped by the rim facing the inside of the body. Sealed pretty tight. The yellow and blacks are pretty open to mods methinks. Just a straight(black)/conical(yellow) tube with a grill.  

 

Yep, 4 valves. There's also these pre-production purple and pinks - they sent in a bunch for the owner to test and give feedback. Don't think they were available for people to try out.

 

Seems like a standard fare driver - the box has a lot of blurb, but on the valves only. 

 

It's all in my head - most IEMs usually are. They'd be two spherical blobs, slightly forward-diagonal, slightly leaking out of the head at times. The blobs are pretty dense. 

 

No problem. I'll see if I have more time on Tuesday to try them out again. Maybe I'll even bring the wallet :D

 

Ridiculously so. I envy the elephants these are targetted towards.

 

Funny thing about the Atomic Floyds - there was a poster on the wall with some marketing blurb about the bass - "bass like molten lava". I wonder how molten lava sounds like.

 

Most impressive this afternoon - the GR10. Might have to buy my eQ-5s back now...

post #14508 of 32862

Molten lava.

  So..uhmmm... uhh that's got to be the hardest thing to try and place. 

Unstoppable thick force of nature ?

post #14509 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post
 

@nick - I found the Torques:

 

 

 

They look like this without the valves.

 

The red (reference) values. Great metal build. The entire IEM is just solidly built.

 

As you can see (well not really, the camera's schiit) the valves work through varying tube shapes and openings. The grills are the same. No additional dampeners used. It's all in the tubes and the rims. I'll bring a better camera next time.

 

Black is the treble valve (basically a straight tube and grill) - this one sounded the best to me. Gave it some nice balance, unfortunately it accentuated the treble peaks (they're there). Yellow was the bass valve (conical tube inside) and they're a bloated mess. Reds are the reference, and they gave it a nice V-shaped balance. Still a bit tubby but not too bad. I'm just more partial to the blacks. The ones not seen in the picture (they're on the IEM) are the greens. I forgot what they do. A bit tubby sounding as well.

 

So all in all, they sounded nice. Very clean decay, not a lot of grain. The treble had some dips and peaks - less so on the red valves. More upper bass lingering but the mids aren't as thick as the M200s. I can't complain. If I could get the treble valve's bass quantity and smooth the treble into something like the red's I'd be happier. The kicker on these is the build. Stupendous metal, feels great in the hands. Flat cables are standard fare, not much to say about them. For the price, they'd do fine. I liked the mids more than the M200s - clearer. The stage is less flat and more of a spherical blob. 

 

 

The M200s are massive. Unbearable. Here's the RE-400 in comparison.

 

 

 

In my dainty ears.

They sound very tactile. Mids are a bit thick to my likings. I really dislike thick mids, but these are decently clean so I'll let them off the hook.

 

Hey meng sup with you trying to swagga' jack me with them burgundy and black color scheme. :tongue:

 

... can't touch this. :cool:

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick n View Post
 

WOW Found them in your hand going home it looks like! Or is that at the store?

 

 What gets me specifically interested in them is if there is a decent driver itself then what sort of space are we looking at in there to add some tweakage to alter a bit of the slight undesirables.

 I'm talking like some Stax Micron Glasswool discs or pinch of Twaron Angelhair or even various foam plugs. Just enough to toy around within what the specific valve tips do. Yeah the modimicationing in my disturbed mind already.:wink: Sounds like this might be alterable like I hope. they come with 4 valves then right.

 

 

Can you let us know in a bit when they get a bit of time on them if these were indeed take-homes?

Interested to see how the would tone down , if at all, with a bit of pounding.( any mention of titanium or anything on them 'phrams )

 

 

A spherical staging, are you meaning around you, or out in front-around you?

 

THANKS for checking them out

 

 

I knew the KEF 200 were large but that is exxxtremely xxx large.

 

 

Am drawn to the Atomic Floyd Powerjax as well. That form factor seems pretty good fitting and their build is top notch from what I read also what little there is to read. Colour schemes a little beatsish unfortunately.

 

+

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post
 

At the store. My wallet was tapped out after last night so I didn't bother bringing it. If I was inclined I might have gotten another pair of RE-400s along with the Torques. It's the strangest thing - I always find some of the best middle mids on these V-shaped fun machines. And then I spend forever pushing that V back into its proper _ place. The Torques are one of those fun machines.

 

There's no space in the back - as you can see there's a disk in front of the driver that takes up a lot of space. The valves take up pretty much half of the entire IEM. If you're going to mess around with it you're limited to the valves. There's no ringing as far as I hear, I might have to bring more test tones during the next audition. The reds are capped by the rim facing the inside of the body. Sealed pretty tight. The yellow and blacks are pretty open to mods methinks. Just a straight(black)/conical(yellow) tube with a grill.  

 

Yep, 4 valves. There's also these pre-production purple and pinks - they sent in a bunch for the owner to test and give feedback. Don't think they were available for people to try out.

 

Seems like a standard fare driver - the box has a lot of blurb, but on the valves only. 

 

It's all in my head - most IEMs usually are. They'd be two spherical blobs, slightly forward-diagonal, slightly leaking out of the head at times. The blobs are pretty dense. 

 

No problem. I'll see if I have more time on Tuesday to try them out again. Maybe I'll even bring the wallet :D

 

Ridiculously so. I envy the elephants these are targetted towards.

 

Funny thing about the Atomic Floyds - there was a poster on the wall with some marketing blurb about the bass - "bass like molten lava". I wonder how molten lava sounds like.

 

Most impressive this afternoon - the GR10. Might have to buy my eQ-5s back now...

 

= Damn those orange ' iems still look cheap as hell despite you said they are solidly built. Reminds me of cheap $5 Chinese no name brand iems from dealextreme of something. :ksc75smile:

 

Great stuff meng, keep them impressions flowing, just wish there is a place like what you Canadians got where you can try iems, etc before you buy here in the states. WorstBuy is the only place but it's mostly all mainstream brand cans. :  (

post #14510 of 32862

The cabbagehead accolading me is highly disturbing.

 

It's all metal - the camera is just schiit and did not do it justice. Truly and honestly. Much more hefty and sturdy than the M200 - which felt like crumpled diapers in comparison. And the M200s were pretty dense. 

post #14511 of 32862

SF we can get those Orange Zingers here, and seems even able to test them too, because the ones in the post were tried by TwinQY  in store.

maybe it's worth the trip to the mainland to test some decent stuff out for a huge spree ( good excuse to hit up some eastern music specialty stores )

 And the PowerJax :ph34r: tick all the right boxes for me though wondering how they would compare to the blue Lethals is the thing. Those put a damper on normal prices for me in comparison now, sadly I have been ruined by them somewhat.


Edited by nick n - 9/22/13 at 2:31am
post #14512 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post
 

The cabbagehead accolading me is highly disturbing.

 

It's all metal - the camera is just schiit and did not do it justice. Truly and honestly. Much more hefty and sturdy than the M200 - which felt like crumpled diapers in comparison. And the M200s were pretty dense. 

^ Yeppp my praises be stunnin' dem stale Twinkies into dust  and exploding dem ovaries all at once son, better recognize. :cool:

 

Whatcha be saying 'bout my gigantic shirt bat wing hangers boi??? Damn right, better not. M200 FTW!!! > those orange $5 chinese cheapos.

 

post #14513 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick n View Post

 And the PowerJax :ph34r: though wondering how they would compare to the blue Lethals is the thing. Those put a damper on normal prices for me in comparison now, sadly I have been ruined by them somewhat.

...Do you want me to try out the PowerJax as well? ;) Heck I'll buy the Lethals again so I can A-B the two. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post

^ Yeppp my praises be stunnin' dem stale Twinkies into dust  and exploding dem ovaries all at once son, better recognize. :cool:

 

Whatcha be saying 'bout my gigantic shirt bat wing hangers boi??? 

Damn it you don't need bats ovaries for your cabbage arse. I get you can't afford manure but...


Edited by TwinQY - 9/21/13 at 10:31pm
post #14514 of 32862

Pretty sure I made my mind up on those PowerJax, I remote viewed myself wearing them in the future, so just waiting for the rest of me to catch up.  If you CAN try to find the other version Lethals. The Blue T5555 or Whitish Grey T5556 models.

 

Hey actually what location did you grab em from. Did they have many more at the time? Inline was looking but only found some different model #where he went to. . Be nice to confirm they are in existence still at some locations since mine is all out entirely.:( P me off

Sad sad night Friday was. So sad sad kitty sad, I needed a Pillow. ( bad inside music reference )

 

So YES if you like you can try those beauties out.  How often do you hit that "testing place" up???


Edited by nick n - 9/21/13 at 10:41pm
post #14515 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick n View Post
 

SF we can get those Orange Zingers here, and seems even able to testimicate them too, because the ones in the post were tried by TwinQY  in store.

maybe it's worth the trip to the mainland for a huge spree ( good excuse to hit up some eastern music specialty stores ) could grab a "Hedfonel"  storage rack for all my cans from Ikea too:bigsmile_face:.

 

 And the PowerJax :ph34r: tick all the right boxes for me though wondering how they would compare to the blue Lethals is the thing. Those put a damper on normal prices for me in comparison now, sadly I have been ruined by them somewhat.

Nice nice, so it's those cheapo lowly Orange Zingers vs. Dat GODLY SILVER CLAD GIANT SHIRT HANGERS. I am game!!!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post
 

...Do you want me to try out the PowerJax as well? ;) Heck I'll buy the Lethals again so I can A-B the two. 

^ Even mo' better you can throw them PowerJax  and Lethals into the mix as well. LAMO what kinda of stupid arse name is that, Powerjax??? haha  A four way showdown would be amazing, but can you Canadian hang with my "V" Battles??? Nah this dusty stale Twinkie don't gots dat heart to follow through. :tongue:

post #14516 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick n View Post
 

Pretty sure I made my mind up on those PowerJax, I remote viewed myself wearing them in the future, so just waiting for the rest of me to catch up.  If you CAN try to find the other version Lethals. The Blue T5555 or Whitish Grey T5556 models.

 

Hey actually what location did you grab em from. Did they have many more at the time? Inline was looking but only found some different model #where he went to. . Be nice to confirm they are in existence still at some locations since mine is all out entirely.:( P me off

Sad sad night Friday was. So sad sad kitty sad, I needed a Pillow. ( bad inside music reference )

 

So YES if you like you can try those beauties out.  How often do you hit that "testing place" up???

^ Knowing how much gears he has jotted down in that Book Of IEMs of his, that fool probably practically lives there i would assume 

... his literal expression each time he steps foot into that place. :rolleyes:

post #14517 of 32862

Which coat hangers were you talking about the KEF200?

post #14518 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick n View Post
 

Pretty sure I made my mind up on those PowerJax, I remote viewed myself wearing them in the future, so just waiting for the rest of me to catch up.  If you CAN try to find the other version Lethals. The Blue T5555 or Whitish Grey T5556 models.

 

Hey actually what location did you grab em from. Did they have many more at the time? Inline was looking but only found some different model #where he went to. . Be nice to confirm they are in existence still at some locations since mine is all out entirely.:(

Sad sad night Friday was. So sad sad kitty sad, I needed a Pillow. ( bad inside music reference )

 

So YES if you like you can try those beauties out.  How often do you hit that "testing place" up???

Richmond - everything's in Richmond. You should just all move over here and watch my cats for me. But you're right - they might not have them anymore. Remember I got mine right when you found out and told me about them.

 

Please Mr. Lostman please stop quoting.

 

Once every week/two weeks, I'd garner. Didn't go for a few months up until August though.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post
 

^ Even mo' better you can throw them PowerJax  and Lethals into the mix as well. LAMO what kinda of stupid arse name is that, Powerjax??? haha  A four way showdown would be amazing, but can you Canadian hang with my "V" Battles??? Nah this dusty stale Twinkie don't gots dat heart to follow through. :tongue:

I don't really want to buy all three. The Lethals are cheap though. In a perfect world I'd put in a deposit and borrow the other three - but these are IEMs so the hyigene card means that I can't really return them and I don't think he allows that anyways.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick n View Post
 

Which coat hangers were you talking about the KEF200?

I don't think he has a lot of clothing to hang anyways.


Edited by TwinQY - 9/21/13 at 10:49pm
post #14519 of 32862
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick n View Post
 

Which coat hangers were you talking about the KEF200?

Yeppp dem M200 coat hangers. :cool:

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

 

I don't really want to buy all three. The Lethals are cheap though. In a perfect world I'd put in a deposit and borrow the other three - but these are IEMs so the hyigene card means that I can't really return them and I don't think he allows that anyways.

 

I don't think he has a lot of clothing to hang anyways.

Like i said NO HEART TO FOLLOW THROUGH!!! : P

 

RIGHTTTTT??? :rolleyes:

 

Quote:
 

TwinQY

Something about the rear end of a cat

TwinQY profile picture
Currently offline

TwinQY's Community Profile

Forum Post Count:
 
6179
 
Join Date:
 
11/25/11
 
About Me:
 
Two shirts, a pen, and seven socks.

... i pity dat lowly pineapple peasant.


Edited by sfwalcer - 9/21/13 at 10:58pm
post #14520 of 32862

What on earth is going on?:confused:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by ericp10. Page 2153